Pete, Question for tomorrow forward for 2017

ucaned

Freshman
Pete, I think you said tomorrow is the end of the dead period. Any idea of the coaches plans, who they will hit up first, try to flip, any damage control needed... Any info is appreciated.

Advertisement
Dead period ends on the 13th

I'm not sure why everyone makes a big deal about this anyway. During the dead period you can still contact recruits just not face to face:

What is a dead period?

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

I'm not sure why everyone makes a big deal about this anyway. During the dead period you can still contact recruits just not face to face:

What is a dead period?

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

Face to face is a pretty big deal.

What is a dead period?

That's not where I was going with it but yeah that is important. Mainly the it only last a few weeks and there is still contact, kids can still be offered during this time etc.

EDIT to add, what my thoughts were is that people on the board are always posting stuff like "I guess only Miami has a dead period" and stuff like that. It doesn't last that long, we still can have contact, offer, etc just like anyone else.

Last edited:
Advertisement

What is a dead period?

I agree, face to face is a very big deal. Words and Texts are one thing, the vibe of a face to face is telling. Players want the love, going out of your way to visit shows the love as well.

What is a dead period?

I agree, face to face is a very big deal. Words and Texts are one thing, the vibe of a face to face is telling. Players want the love, going out of your way to visit shows the love as well.

The 13th is the start of the first weekend of official visits. If I'm not mistaken [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] said the actual dead period ends the 11th. So it would be over tonight at midnight technically.

What is a dead period?

facetime or skype

Advertisement

Ends the 11th.

Yea I just checked the recruiting calendar, it ends on the 12th, contact period opens up on the 13th

It actually ends today, January 10th.. Due to global warming, it actually won't open until the 14th.

Hope this helps clear the air.

65733397.jpg

Advertisement
Back