Pete: Patrick Joyner question

With McCloud, Wilder, and Joyner we now have some physical specimens at SLB

All three guys have speed, length, and aggression

If McCloud can put it together next year and Wilder can take the next step in his development, that position is gunna be fun to watch

Advertisement
Anyone have snap numbers from this year? How many percentage snaps did shaq Pinckney and McCloud receive?

McCloud had about 75% more snaps than he should have.

Hopefully a sophomore slump? I mean he was an animal in that WVU game as a freshman and seemed to get clicking a few games before that

Was just thinking the same thing on McCloud, hopefully he can make the jump everyone expected this season.

I think losing his spot against Wisconsin is going to give him a wakeup call that it aint gonna be no Bermuda Triangle 2.0 in 2018 if he doesnt get his **** together. Could be the best thing that happens to him. I will be watching him closely in the Spring to see how he responds.

You have to give it to the coaches, they gave this kid a million and one chances this season. They refused to give up on him even when he looked horrible. Even lost DOwens because of it if you ask me. So any failure is completely on him.

It's great that we have Joyner signed already, but we really need to add another LB in this year's class.

Peters sounds like a good one - hopefully we offer him and get him to Miami.

Sam (or potentially WDE)

We're definitely recruiting hybrid positions and I love it. Having at least 2 hybrid players at different levels of the defense is such a massive advantage. If we're able to execute in multiple fronts/coverages using the same personnel, then we have almost an entire playbook of answers without altering personnel. We're less predictable, less stationary. Its great to be simple, but not simpler.

Since Manny got here, we've been attacking the same offensive personnel/situation with more than one approach. We're able to throw change-ups and potentially dictate the outcome of drives. I love playing base quarters and shutting people down, but sometimes it's not realistic. We haven't had much of a chance to load our defensive roster with hybrid positions. Regardless, we have been somewhat multiple with oddly shaped holdover pieces at this point.

I'd like to see what a couple more years of recruiting can do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back