Pete-Josh Newberg (Perry)

I trust Mark Richt over some dumbass Nole reporter and I ultimately think Perry will have a lot of success here. HOWEVER, there are many times in Perry's highlight tape where he throws the ball up for grabs--that will NOT translate to the collegiate level. Hoping he doesn't make too many of these mistakes as a freshman, but if he does he needs to learn when to just throw the ball away. I think this will be Perry's greatest challenge as a true freshman.

Break down all this times where Perry threw it up for grabs. Buffoons tend to conflate throws into tight windows with throwing it up for grabs. Show me you're not a buffoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2_qKaRC2s0

Not going to go through his whole highlight tape, but plays like those at the 1:54 mark wont translate to college. Im fully aware of what throwing it into a tight window looks like, and this is not that--he completely throws that ball up for grabs. At doak next year, this is an INT. College quarterbacks can't get away with some of the things they did against inferior competition in high school. All I'm saying is he needs to be smart and learn quickly that sometimes throwing the ball away or taking a small loss is a positive. This is something I'll be looking for next season, other than that I'm sold on him as our starter moving forward.

Weak. You said, "there are many times in Perry's highlight tape where he throws the ball up for grabs" which means you actually saw those throws and identified them as up for grabs. So you can either point out many instances in the highlight tapes of this happening, or you're just going along with what somebody else said without having any real visual information. In other words you made it up.
That isn't even throwing it up for grabs. Only the WR has a chance to make a play on that ball. It's bring thrown out of bounds...

Advertisement
It's time for another internet buffoon fact to be hatched from these diseased hens. A couple more yokels jump on the "he throws it up for grabs" tomfoolery, and soon it'll be established bozo fact.

Exactly. Repeat something often enough and somehow it magically becomes true. Evidence, or lack thereof, be damned.

You've got mopes on here who have probably watched all of 30 seconds of his highlight videos swearing that he throws it up for grabs all the time.

I trust Mark Richt over some dumbass Nole reporter and I ultimately think Perry will have a lot of success here. HOWEVER, there are many times in Perry's highlight tape where he throws the ball up for grabs--that will NOT translate to the collegiate level. Hoping he doesn't make too many of these mistakes as a freshman, but if he does he needs to learn when to just throw the ball away. I think this will be Perry's greatest challenge as a true freshman.

Break down all this times where Perry threw it up for grabs. Buffoons tend to conflate throws into tight windows with throwing it up for grabs. Show me you're not a buffoon.

Not going to go through his whole highlight tape, but plays like those at the 1:54 mark wont translate to college. Im fully aware of what throwing it into a tight window looks like, and this is not that--he completely throws that ball up for grabs. At doak next year, this is an INT. College quarterbacks can't get away with some of the things they did against inferior competition in high school. All I'm saying is he needs to be smart and learn quickly that sometimes throwing the ball away or taking a small loss is a positive. This is something I'll be looking for next season, other than that I'm sold on him as our starter moving forward.

I would agree, except for in the clip you pointed out, he threw the ball to the corner of the end zone, where HE KNEW his best receiver would be. He threw a jump ball and expected his WR to come out on top. Brad Kaaya did that ALOT to Coley and Coley either came down with it, or dropped it. I've never seen Brad Kaaya throw an INT in the end zone WHERE COLEY WAS TARGETED. So yes, throwing it up in the end zone is a terrible Idea, except when you know what matchup you have. I'm not defending the general throw, I'm defending the general decision of him being aware of where his WR's are, and where his best WR is, and taking advantage of that matchup.

So you got nothing other than being unable to grasp that someone has the athletic ability and confidence to make throws you could never imagine making. Because you could never picture yourself doing it that means Perry just flings it up and gets lucky to the tune of 60 TDs and 5 picks.

I think the safe bet is the Sheriff being the starter this year with Perry coming on late in the year. Then next season, it's an open competition again with Perry & Sits as the headliners. May the best man win. The Sheriff can get us to 10 wins this season with game management and cerebral play. Let the talent around him produce.

Advertisement
I think the safe bet is the Sheriff being the starter this year with Perry coming on late in the year. Then next season, it's an open competition again with Perry & Sits as the headliners. May the best man win. The Sheriff can get us to 10 wins this season with game management and cerebral play. Let the talent around him produce.

Unless he learns how to not throw the ball in the dirt every other pass, I don't believe Shirreffs is going to start this season.

So you got nothing other than being unable to grasp that someone has the athletic ability and confidence to make throws you could never imagine making. Because you could never picture yourself doing it that means Perry just flings it up and gets lucky to the tune of 60 TDs and 5 picks.

People on here love to latch on things like this thing that perry just throws it up to his receiver lol because josh newberg said he doesn't know where he's throwing the ball. Bunch of followers on here man. Perry wouldn't have broke culpeppers state records if he did that...

There's actual idiots saying a guy with 60 Td and 5 int is " just throwing it up". If dude was doing this he'd have way more int's. Common sense should tell you that.

There's actual idiots saying a guy with 60 Td and 5 int is " just throwing it up". If dude was doing this he'd have way more int's. Common sense should tell you that.

They just follow with what other people say

Advertisement
To everyone replying to my post above..

I think y'all are getting way too butthurt over a little bit of criticism. IT IS OKAY TO CRITIQUE A UM PLAYER WITHOUT BASHING HIM. Don't take my comment out of context, Perry will be a playmaker here and will be our starting quarterback for 3-4 years, I am 100% on the Perry train. However, just like any high school quarterback moving to the collegiate level, there are a few areas he needs to improve in. From his tape, Id say those two things are footwork and my comment above. Take a closer look at some of the defenses he goes up against and then look at the talent around him. There is a huge talent gap between his WR's and most of those DB's. When we play FSU, he may not have that matchup, and some of those 50/50 balls can change the course of the game, especially turning the ball over in the redzone.

I have said the same thing since the first time Ive watched his tape. My comment has nothing to do with me following what some nole reporter said, but it was brought to light in this thread so I brought it up. Its hard for me to imagine that none of you have any constructive criticism or areas of improvement for a **** high school quarterback, unless you have no knowledge of the position. LOL

Doubt that sheriffs will be the starter. It's gonna be rosier until perry or someone else is ready

He threw the ball to the back of the end zone where it was going to be caught by his guy or go out of bounds. If the "dumbest" throw he makes as a true freshman is throwing that pass to Cager or Richards or Njoku, we will be playing in the ACCC game with a chance to go to the playoffs.

Advertisement

He threw the ball to the back of the end zone where it was going to be caught by his guy or go out of bounds. If the "dumbest" throw he makes as a true freshman is throwing that pass to Cager or Richards or Njoku, we will be playing in the ACCC game with a chance to go to the playoffs.

Somebody that knows their *** from a hat

Schedule - Vanguard Knights 2016 Football (Ocala, FL)

Go ahead and try to argue that he played against great competition and "just threw it to where only his receiver could get it," but look at his competition. Against better competition, I believe those are 50/50 balls. Thats all Im saying

Such a weird argument and stance to be so adamant about. Whose to say he attempts those throws in the context your presenting? The fact that he knows his WR will beat out his match up for the ball is likely why he's throwing it

Go ahead and try to argue that he played against great competition and "just threw it to where only his receiver could get it," but look at his competition. Against better competition, I believe those are 50/50 balls. Thats all Im saying

Such a weird argument and stance to be so adamant about. Whose to say he attempts those throws in the context your presenting? The fact that he knows his WR will beat out his match up for the ball is likely why he's throwing it

You're completely correct, and it's obviously something that we won't know until week 3. Hopefully its not a bad habit, and hopefully he is aware of those matchups and thats why he makes those throws. His HS competition in comparison to FSU, Clemson, etc. is obviously a night and day difference. Hopefully he doesn't think he can make those throws against BCS collegiate competition. Prove me wrong

Advertisement

You're completely correct, and it's obviously something that we won't know until week 3. Hopefully its not a bad habit, and hopefully he is aware of those matchups and thats why he makes those throws. His HS competition in comparison to FSU, Clemson, etc. is obviously a night and day difference. Hopefully he doesn't think he can make those throws against BCS collegiate competition. Prove me wrong

Find me anyone's high school competition that compares with FSU or Clemson.

Find me anyone's high school competition that compares with FSU or Clemson.

STA had more draft picks than FSU so.. does that count?

Advertisement
Back