Pete & D-Money: Truth behind the Class and Coach Coley

At the end of the day, most of the high level recruits committed to us when we were ranked earlier in the season. The fact that we had a coach Coley that was able to keep this class together speaks volumes to the efforts our entire staff put in.

UM had a better 2014 recruiting class relative to its 2013 on-field performance than any other program in the country. THAT is why I celebrate this class. The facts listed in the OP are why I still have hope for this staff and this program.

Advertisement
What the **** does it matter? He is a coach on this team thats his job ....I m really bothered by these new U fans........some of yall live in fantasy world about this team half the time and the other half you cry about whats not right........ just come to the games and support these guys with the U on their helmet.......

if all the of the above is true and pete did confirm most of it, i gotta thank Al for bringing coley along. we cant trash one coach and praise another and AL is the reason coley is here. therefore, seems like golden did get this hire right from a recruiting standpoint along w Hurlie and Carroll.

I'm still curious as to why Yearby would go to USF. He's an elite RB, you figure he'd be getting courted by better schools.

I'm still curious as to why Yearby would go to USF. He's an elite RB, you figure he'd be getting courted by better schools.

Because Telly is there. To be completely honest, that was the biggest miss by Golden not finding a way to get Telly on this staff.

Advertisement
they are here so who cares.

on a side note, chad and golden both spoke of golden spending the day with his family last thursday. Not sure coley saved Chad for us. Don't matter, they are here.

[video=youtube;QCKEDxXxG80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCKEDxXxG80[/video]

that looks like a kid who doesn't want to be here. lol jackson said him and chad both planned to come together and were just building suspense.

Advertisement
So, Coley is the ace recruiter. And our ****** defense is Golden's. Hmmm. Can someone tell me what it is that Golden actually...does?

Bottom line is that the defensive scheme will not work here and everyone knows it.

Anyone who paid attention to what happened at GT with Al Groh knows it. The scheme is too complicated and cannot be taught considering reductions in the amount of time coaches can spend with players.

Pete and D-Money,

I have a Nole buddy who has hearded rumors about how Coach Coley may have actually saved the UM class from complete disaster and I want to see what you may have heard and if this is true. The rumors are regarding Chad Thomas, Brad Kaaya and Joe Yearby (3 of our top 5 recruits).

Brad Kaaya- Out of the three prospects I believe you have the best relationship with Brad and family and I know you kept telling us it was going to be Miami. What has been rumored is the reason Coley spend so much time in Cali the last week or so of recruiting period was because Kaaya was much closer to signing with a West Coast school than we thought. Coley put on the full court press and fought hard for Kaaya till the very end. Was Kaaya close to leaving?

Joseph Yearby- We all know Yearby and Coley are boys and when rumors of USF and Yearby swirled for maybe 1/2 a day when he was suppose to enroll at Miami I never paid much thought to it, Yearby stayed and enrolled and nothing else mattered. Rumor was Coach Taggert put the FULL FULL FULL court press on Yearby and Joe was pretty much packed and ready to enroll at USF until Coach Coley came and convinced him to stay a Cane. Does this sound accurate?

Chad Thomas- Rumor has it Thomas was EXTREMELY close to going to Bama and it took Coach Coley recruiting his *** off the last few days to convince Chad to stay. Is this accurate?

Reason I even bring this topic up is because to me as a fan it seemed Coach Coley didnt do as much recruiting wise as I thought he would. I knew he was responsible for Yearby and Kaaya but I never thought they where close to wavering. If Coley is the reason all three of these recruites stayed Canes I give the guy MAJOR MAJOR props and wont ever question his recruiting again (not that Coley cares what I think).

I figured these 3 have always been in the bag but if all this is true it would explain maybe the lack of more elite S Fla talent due to the fact he had to fight his tail off for our top 3 committed guys.

Thoughts?

Pete confirmed all of these. I just want to know more about yearby. He was actually packed?? What was he thinking and why? I know his coach was there but there is no way that would have been a good decision for him.

Kaaya was definitely getting cold feet about coming east. He was going to go to boise. I think he felt that he could get to the next level from there just as easy as miami.

Who cares... Focus your energy and time on buying season tickets bro. All that matters is that they're here and signed.

Advertisement
At the end of the day, most of the high level recruits committed to us when we were ranked earlier in the season. The fact that we had a coach Coley that was able to keep this class together speaks volumes to the efforts our entire staff put in.

UM had a better 2014 recruiting class relative to its 2013 on-field performance than any other program in the country. THAT is why I celebrate this class. The facts listed in the OP are why I still have hope for this staff and this program.

And as to your 2nd point about quality of class relative to on field performance, I think that would undoubtedly go to UF.

Tennessee (5 wins), Kentucky (2 wins) and Virginia (2 wins) didn't do too bad either.

Last edited:

I would say UF took this "prize", though I'd gladly give it to them every year if it means not losing to Georgia Southern.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back