Pete Carroll

MetiSkeemz

Junior
I get this guy was on his fathers staff a while ago but I for the life of me cannot understand how you don't set your boss up on a meeting with your father. Kind of like Gruden with the draft prospect QBs. Got **** golden has a fantastic coaches son on his staff and he's not even slightly thinking "Hey, can I call your dad for pointers?"

Advertisement
I get this guy was on his fathers staff a while ago but I for the life of me cannot understand how you don't set your boss up on a meeting with your father. Kind of like Gruden with the draft prospect QBs. Got **** golden has a fantastic coaches son on his staff and he's not even slightly thinking "Hey, can I call your dad for pointers?"

I said the same **** a week ago how Folden has not met with Pete I don't get it

Jason garret and al have something in common they both convinced the their organizations To give them contracts they did not deserve

All Pete does is win mane

Advertisement
How do you know he doesn't talk to Pete? He has two former Carroll assistants on his staff: Brennan and Jethro (yes, Jethro!) and I suspect that AG must know Pete and might actually be friends. These guys have all kinds of relationships that we don't know about.

The one relationship i wish AG didnt have was to Al Groh, who gave him that **** 3-4 defense.

Gorlden is too smart for that. He's the smartest guy he's ever met.

Advertisement
We have a HC who has a film library of JJ's teams destroying the triple option and let's GA Tech run for 318 yards. I don't think he cares to emulate successful coaches.

Why is anyone surprised?

Golden is married to his stupid scheme. If he were to meet with Pete Carroll, Carroll would probably tell him to do the opposite of what he is doing in every way and Golden would ignore him like he ignores everyone else and continue with what he is doing.

He should have been as close to the Seattle sideline as possible yesterday. Observe how to coach with intelligence and brass ballz.

Advertisement
You could fill the Library of Congress with Al's unknown unknowns and known unknowns...

Smoke. Al may have gone to Dallas but all that talk about all this stuff about all the takeaways and stuff he's gonna implement from that is horsesh*t. Guy is a mirage as a coach.

We'll Dallas looks to be a team on the rise and I would not be surprised to see them in the Super Bowl next year.
Actually Golden was a close friend of Garrett's brother growing up, as well as knowing Garrett's father who was a well known coach in the area.

Advertisement
Golden was more concerned with front office organizational flow charts. what was going on on the field didn't interest him. He's more concerned with corporate process.

We have a HC who has a film library of JJ's teams destroying the triple option and let's GA Tech run for 318 yards. I don't think he cares to emulate successful coaches.

Meanwhile, if these level of Canes defenders played those level of Oklahoma optioners, the tally would be far greater than 318 yards.

Not to mention we got extremely fortunate in 1987 when Charles Thompson quarterbacked that Orange Bowl, not Jamelle Holieway. The '85 and '86 Miami defenses with Jerome Brown were eligible to disrupt the fullback exchange far beyond the 1987 Canes, the team that Sammie Smith shredded for more than 200 yards.

Nobody wanted to accept that quarterbacking makes a difference in the triple option, until Justin Thomas was running Georgia Tech, and not stiffs like Vad Lee or Tevin Washington. There's such juvenile animosity toward that offense that the overall knowledge base is comically low. That's why it's really not much of a risk around here for me to praise the attack, and assert that anybody who rips the triple option is the lowest denominator among football fans, and the greatest litmus test I'm aware of regarding football knowledge. My friends and I have used it in Las Vegas for more than 20 years. I've yet to see it fail. I may have only one team going for me at this point. Drop from Georgia Tech and you're left with Navy and similar third tier gunk. One team with competent personnel is plenty, as long as the coach is committed and not somebody who picked it up recently. The schemes and fundamental aspects like 3 on 2, 2 on 1 and 1 on 0 mismatches are so superb that success will naturally follow.

That Oklahoma team went 33-3, BTW. One national championship, the same number we managed over the same period. They patiently ground out the same Penn State team for a title one year before we brainstormed to throw away the championship via foolish forced passes into coverage.

I seem to remember Nebraska having some success with the option in the '90s. Maybe I'm wrong about that. There was laughter in the Orange Bowl locker room in January 1992 when Tom Osborne announced that he was sticking with his run oriented option offense, that it was fine as long as the caliber of surrounding players steadily improved. Bill McCartney at the identical point in time overreacted at Colorado and shifted away from option football to a pass happy style. That team softened immediately and became easy pickings for Nebraska, after giving them fits while running the option.

The hilarity, of course, was that the sports media and Bar Stool caliber fans praised McCartney's decision while mocking Osborne.

Meanwhile, if these level of Canes defenders played those level of Oklahoma optioners, the tally would be far greater than 318 yards.

Not to mention we got extremely fortunate in 1987 when Charles Thompson quarterbacked that Orange Bowl, not Jamelle Holieway. The '85 and '86 Miami defenses with Jerome Brown were eligible to disrupt the fullback exchange far beyond the 1987 Canes, the team that Sammie Smith shredded for more than 200 yards.

Nobody wanted to accept that quarterbacking makes a difference in the triple option, until Justin Thomas was running Georgia Tech, and not stiffs like Vad Lee or Tevin Washington. There's such juvenile animosity toward that offense that the overall knowledge base is comically low. That's why it's really not much of a risk around here for me to praise the attack, and assert that anybody who rips the triple option is the lowest denominator among football fans, and the greatest litmus test I'm aware of regarding football knowledge. My friends and I have used it in Las Vegas for more than 20 years. I've yet to see it fail. I may have only one team going for me at this point. Drop from Georgia Tech and you're left with Navy and similar third tier gunk. One team with competent personnel is plenty, as long as the coach is committed and not somebody who picked it up recently. The schemes and fundamental aspects like 3 on 2, 2 on 1 and 1 on 0 mismatches are so superb that success will naturally follow.

That Oklahoma team went 33-3, BTW. One national championship, the same number we managed over the same period. They patiently ground out the same Penn State team for a title one year before we brainstormed to throw away the championship via foolish forced passes into coverage.

I seem to remember Nebraska having some success with the option in the '90s. Maybe I'm wrong about that. There was laughter in the Orange Bowl locker room in January 1992 when Tom Osborne announced that he was sticking with his run oriented option offense, that it was fine as long as the caliber of surrounding players steadily improved. Bill McCartney at the identical point in time overreacted at Colorado and shifted away from option football to a pass happy style. That team softened immediately and became easy pickings for Nebraska, after giving them fits while running the option.

The hilarity, of course, was that the sports media and Bar Stool caliber fans praised McCartney's decision while mocking Osborne.

TL;DR

stfu Gary Tolstoy. I bet you write copy machine repair manuals for a living.

Last edited:
Pete Carroll is the greatest coach in football history. BOOM!

Look what he did @ SC and is doing in Seattle.

Advertisement
Back