Pete, camp surprises?

Advertisement
jeff thomas has been a huge camp disappointment

He's been hurt so I'm not sure that's fair just yet.

He has been knicked up. But despite the hype it would be easy to figure Harley was going to be further along at this point given the program he came from. I still think Thomas could be spectacular but he will need some seasoning. Dugans will coach him up if he is willing to put in the work.

No he hasn't...

That speed infusion starts with freshmen Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley.

Thomas, playing mostly in the slot, “reminds me of a shiftier Phillip Dorsett,” Rosier said. “Whenever you see him run, he’s blowing by guys. There was one time this camp where he caught a quick pass, made two guys miss, headed down the sidelines and scored and you're like, ‘Wow, that guy's fast.’ It was a 55-yard touchdown run. Me and coach Richt were like: 'This kid is going to be good.'
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.miam...mns-blogs/barry-jackson/article167423717.html

When Thomas wasn't dealing with the hamstring issue he was balling

[TWEET]897886338309120000[/TWEET]

I'm surprised Pinckney's leg went from near amputation to full recovery

Last edited:
Advertisement
Outside the Main guys, I would say Gauthier stepping up so much he send Linder packing, and Young improving at the CB position to where I would be very confident playing against the spread offense and having Dean, Delaney, Young and Bandy out there!

BTW, did anyone else see Pinckney video on Instagram of his interception in the scrimmage?? That man is by far has the highest IQ on our defense. We absolutely need him on the field as much as possible! Needs to fix that hamstring problem

Advertisement
Not Pete but I'd probably start with Malik Rosier. Kid went from "doesn't belong at Miami and a true freshman will start over him" to "has made great strides, picked up the new offense and will most likely start." I'd call that a pleasant surprise.

I would add D. Langham, no 81. Kid never belonged here according to our poster experts. I expect him and Cager to play a lot on goal line situations.

Not Pete but I'd probably start with Malik Rosier. Kid went from "doesn't belong at Miami and a true freshman will start over him" to "has made great strides, picked up the new offense and will most likely start." I'd call that a pleasant surprise.

I would add D. Langham, no 81. Kid never belonged here according to our poster experts. I expect him and Cager to play a lot on goal line situations.

Langham is a big kid that probably would not have been offered by the current staff, but it seems as though he has been here 10 years. Congrats to him, he has stood the test of time, worked hard and hopefully he will make some plays this year. Fun fact, him, Zach McCloud and Vince Woolfolk all went to the same HS.

BTW, did anyone else see Pinckney video on Instagram of his interception in the scrimmage?? That man is by far has the highest IQ on our defense. We absolutely need him on the field as much as possible! Needs to fix that hamstring problem

Yeah it was a great play.. he covers a lot of ground and moves well for someone who's "outta shape"

Advertisement
Everyone knows we have the dogs to compete with anyone in the first string. The issue has been depth for a long time for various reasons. Almost every name mentioned has been pleasant surprises that are going to play meaningful minutes but not start, allowing us to get the most out of our starters without killing them... so no end of the season collapse.

Also QB was a huge question mark and now judging by the camp reports Rosier and Evan seem to be capable while going against a legit defense all while Kosi is developing and could be ready soon if we need him for any reason

Advertisement

I think we've been so bad as a program that any freshmen with talent has been able to start. Now we've come to think if they aren't starting three months after prom they are a disappointment. However in big boy football, talented freshmen ride the bench for quite awhile.

I think we've been so bad as a program that any freshmen with talent has been able to start. Now we've come to think if they aren't starting three months after prom they are a disappointment. However in big boy football, talented freshmen ride the bench for quite awhile.

Bout **** time we got back to playing big boy football.

Advertisement
Back