Perspective

killacane

Sophomore
I have been very frustrated with the state of the program over the last several years. While there is improvement in record, I do not feel like we are ready to compete to win the ACC & eventually win the National title again. I have been a die hard fan for 25+ years and for the first time this year was strongly considering not buying season tickets. It got to the point last year where I could not watch our team play defense. I literally would shut the TV off or switch to something else.

While I love the canes and UM will always be a big part of my life (my son's middle name is Kayne(Cane)) I have tried to back away a bit because I have so many other priorities in life and things that are more important than a game. This week is another example of this. Jo Jo was a son, brother, best friend, role model to many and now there are many that grief his loss. Life is very fragile and we need to live life to the fullest and enjoy it as much as possible.

At the end of the day while football is a sport, it has become more than that to me. It is a time to get away from the stresses of life and hang out with friends that I see less and less often as I grow up. This week was a another reminder of all of this and why hurricanes sports is important but not for winning as losing as much as for everything else it brings.

I hope everyone realizes this with the events of this week and try and focus on the good and important things in life.

Advertisement
Well said Killa, can relate on many points. Most importantly how we need to pay more attention and emphasis on the real things that matter (e.g., family and friends) yet seem to lose sleep and agonize over things that should not be that high on the scale (e.g., our defensive performance)

Advertisement
Back