Perspective

We lost by a point in a rivalry game. I dont care if FSU doesn't win a single game the rest of the year, this is how these games tend to go. The issue is that so many of you want Richt gone after 1 loss. We can over-analyze all we want but can we please begin to judge the guy after the season's over? Look at the top 10 right now. Outside of Urban at OSU, here is how respective coaches faired in their first season(s):

- Saban went 7-6 in his first year at Bama before going 12-2 the next season

- Dabo went 9-5 and 6-7 at Clemson before finally winning 10 games in 2011

- Harbaugh went 10-3 at Michigan last year including rivalry losses to OSU and MSU

- Chris Peterson went 8-6 and 7-6 at Washington his first two seasons

- Petrino has gone 9-4 and 8-5 his last two years

- Tom Herman lost to Navy yesterday

- A&M fans wanted Sumlin fired coming into this season and hasn't won double-digit games since the Manziel heisman season

- Tennessee lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
I read this same post 1,000 times during the Golden era. Word for word.

Deja vu.

I've returned to the cesspool since the WEZ is down, and it appears the Golden Girls have become Richt's Chicks and Kaaya's *****.

Yep. Somehow, these dudes feel the need to fight non-existent ghosts. I haven't seen a reasonable person call for Rick's head as HC. We expect a much better offense. Period. The production is nowhere near commensurate with the ability.

The complaints are mostly about Richt as a playcaller not as head coach. That said, if he doesn't adjust then it will become eerily similar to Alf Folden and his unwillingness to change his failure of a defensive scheme.

Advertisement

Yep. Somehow, these dudes feel the need to fight non-existent ghosts. I haven't seen a reasonable person call for Rick's head as HC. We expect a much better offense. Period. The production is nowhere near commensurate with the ability.

Please talk to me about "the ability"
- I am sure you would agree - OL is awful - yes or no
- WRs 1 guy who gets hurt every time he catches the ball + 1 True Frosh who looks legit and the rest cant separation - true of frosh
- TE - 1 Guy
- RBs - 2 Jags

Brad had a ton of talent around him as a true - not now - just bc it says Miami doesnt mean we have the talent

Why can't people understand that there is more to garner from these games than the final score? There are serious legitimate concerns about Richt as a playcaller and oc right now. Every team on FSU's schedule not named Charleston Southern put up about double the yards and points that we did. Oh and Charleston Southern....they put up more yards than we did.

Please talk to me about "the ability"
- I am sure you would agree - OL is awful - yes or no
- WRs 1 guy who gets hurt every time he catches the ball + 1 True Frosh who looks legit and the rest cant separation - true of frosh
- TE - 1 Guy
- RBs - 2 Jags

Brad had a ton of talent around him as a true - not now - just bc it says Miami doesnt mean we have the talent

RB is hard to gauge with this OLs run blocking skills.

Richt wants to be a physical team and have the ability to ground n pound. That takes time, sometimes 2-3 years.

We knew he was a program builder like Butch (not an X's and ao's guru).

Year 3 should be the beginning of a good run. Enjoy the ride until then. Last nights game was fun. Defense has CFB on notice, and the new stadium is finally a real home field advantage (Jimbo and assistants couldn't hear one another on 3rd downs).

Advertisement
Why can't people understand that there is more to garner from these games than the final score? There are serious legitimate concerns about Richt as a playcaller and oc right now. Every team on FSU's schedule not named Charleston Southern put up about double the yards and points that we did. Oh and Charleston Southern....they put up more yards than we did.

Those teams all had QBs who could run. And 3 of those QBs (miss, UNC, UL) are or we're legit heisman contenders.

FSU will likely roll through the rest of their schedule with Clemson being the exception. 9-3 team we lost to last night.

Richt wants to run the fvckin rock. Gotta give him time to bring that style of player in here.

Whats Fuentes excuse for taking a bad VT program and surpassing CMR in 5 weeks?

Why do our HCs always need time to beat bad Coastal teams?

this board only reads the final score and record, too daft to pull any info from HOW the team plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back