Perspective from the inside....

Advertisement
Maybe hold TS out for a week so he's not a liability out there. The deep post last week was painful.

I feel like I take this **** way too seriously but never in my right mind would I feel like it's OK to contact these kids directly. ******* weirdos.
Anyone who lets the outcome of a sporting event negatively affect their day/week/month etc needs to step away and gain some perspective. outside of venting on this forum, if Miami (or any team i root for loses) i am blowed for like 30 minutes max then i'm over it. nothing worse than seeing adults throw temper tantrums or resort to violence over their favorite team(s) losing.

Advertisement
-ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE FANS
Mario Cristobal’s motto is stay off it, stay away from it, don’t listen to it. Don’t read it. If you read it, don’t let that negative energy from someone else bring you down. Don’t let somebody else’s opinion dictate how you feel, how you move throughout your day. His biggest message is just don’t read it, try your best to stay away from it even though you can’t. Don’t let any outside noise in, and you have to stick together and keep pushing forward.
Coaches tell us you’re not going to outrun it, you’re on your phones and stuff like that, just try your best not to pay attention to it.

Each loss, even with some wins, I have to block people, you know? A lot of people do come with harsh opinions, come with harsh statements. Like somebody actually told me to die, you know? And that’s how they feel. I’m still here apparently. But just stuff like that you block it out because at some point that’s how somebody is feeling in 10 seconds and that’s how they felt. And that’s not how I feel about myself and I know I have loving people around me and stuff like that who cares about me.

I Just always try my best – you read it, it is what it is – but always try my best to not let it influence me any type of way because somebody else’s opinion … not to sound arrogant … really doesn’t matter to me. Because at the end of the day we’re on that field, we’re practicing Monday through Friday for a game, for a 60-minute game. Everything doesn’t always go how it seems and how they want it to. No disrespect to the fans, we love the fans, but it’s always easy for a fan to sit at home and call everything out or wish something would happen. And it’s different being in a game, actually being in that present.

Social media can be the underbelly of society, but seems like these kind of comments come from athletes, celebrities, etc. when they're in the crosshairs for some kind of *****-up in their respective profession.

Stevenson and others should heed coaches' advice and stay off social media. Especially at 2-3, but also at 5-0, as having smoke blown up their asses isn't good, either.

We live in a broken, fallen, evil world. There are sick people out there, as well as attention whores who are going to say stuff like this—and Stevenson just gave that clown what he wanted; notoriety for the comment, while letting the guy know he got to him—for the sake of eliciting sympathy from fans still mad he fumbled at College Station.

One more time, get off social media during the season, fellas.

Advertisement
The vast majority of us never played CFB let alone at this level therefore the vast majority of us have no idea what these young fellas go through on a daily basis. To excoriate these young guys over a missed play, tackle, or whatever is absolutely insane.

Maybe, just maybe, an encouraging word might help motivate them to improve and be better the next time.
Thank you for this

Social media can be the underbelly of society, but seems like these kind of comments come from athletes, celebrities, etc. when they're in the crosshairs for some kind of *****-up in their respective profession.

Stevenson and others should heed coaches' advice and stay off social media. Especially at 2-3, but also at 5-0, as having smoke blown up their asses isn't good, either.

We live in a broken, fallen, evil world. There are sick people out there, as well as attention whores who are going to say stuff like this—and Stevenson just gave that clown what he wanted; notoriety for the comment, while letting the guy know he got to him—for the sake of eliciting sympathy from fans still mad he fumbled at College Station.

you're expecting a bunch of mostly 18-22 year olds, who grew up during the social media era, to stay away from something that comes as 2nd nature to them. yeah that is not going to happen.

I wouldn't contact their collective sorry a$$e$ either...what a waste of got**** time. This the #85BumsEraOfFootball

Advertisement
The vast majority of us never played CFB let alone at this level therefore the vast majority of us have no idea what these young fellas go through on a daily basis. To excoriate these young guys over a missed play, tackle, or whatever is absolutely insane.

Maybe, just maybe, an encouraging word might help motivate them to improve and be better the next time.
I don’t believe in bashing our kids, never will, never understood anyone doing it. Coaches are adults making legit money, and are fair game in my opinion.

Last edited:
images.jpeg-2.jpg

Remember what 18 year olds were like in the 80s thru 2001.

Advertisement

You are off by a bit. Social media is not the underbelly, it is the disposal end of the digestive track.

download.jpeg.jpg

Look at all these kids! They weren't getting payed for their likeness either.

Stop treating these MEN as if they are toddlers. Thats why our culture sucks!

Yall can make a rap video telling me to kill myself and i literally wouldn't give a ****. If you care about people's opinions that you dont know then life is going to be rough.

View attachment 211126

Look at all these kids! They weren't getting payed for their likeness either.

Stop treating these MEN as if they are toddlers. Thats why our culture sucks!

Yall can make a rap video telling me to kill myself and i literally wouldn't give a ****. If you care about people's opinions that you dont know then life is going to be rough.

LOLOLOLOROFLMAO

this poster would be ****tin down his britches if he had to get out of those landing crafts and storm that beach

this site is just the best

Tyrique Stevenson does a weekly blog for Ferman's ON3 site. Today he talked about the team, social media and the fans and his injury. Some real stuff from him...

ON BEING INJURED:
-The last two games I missed two quarters each due to injury, and it’s definitely frustrating. I actually cried when they took my helmet from this game. I actually cried because these last few weeks, even the beginning of the season, I go in for treatment early every morning. Meetings start at 7:30, I try to get in at 6:10 and just warm my body up, prepare myself so I can have a great practice and give my teammates all I’ve got, the 1 percent they need. And just having these last two games not bending my way is really frustrating and hurtful to me because I know what I’m going to accomplish this season and these younger guys and some of the guys who are seniors look up to me and I look up to some of them. Just me not being out there and being hurt all the time is just really frustrating. I’m doing all I can, going into treatment before practice and before meetings at 6 just to get my body in a healthier way so I can go out there and be who I am and give my teammates all of me. And yes, I’m planning on playing this weekend. We’re getting a plan together to see how far I am in this process and if everything is feeling right and they feel everything is right then I’ll be able to get into this game.

-ON THE LONG TD PASS AT THE START OF THE GAME:
That early long TD was just a lack of communication and the simple things I was talking about – lack of discipline, lack of eyes, the lack of doing your job. And that’s certain things that always shoot ourselves in the foot. They didn’t do anything special. We were in Cover 2, it happens in football sometimes your eyes get bad and plays like that happen. There wasn’t anything special they did, they just ran a normal route and I feel I could have done better on my end to help the safety out, jam the guy, save a little bit more time and maybe the safety could have made up on it. The blame is not completely on him, it’s a team sport and I take 50 percent of the blame for me being an older guy. I have to make sure the safety gets the play, understands. There are mistakes that can happen like that.

-ON GRADUATION AND THE NFL:
I just want to have a healthy season, give my teammates all I’ve got and have an opportunity to be drafted. And I haven’t decided yet if I will go pro or come back, I’ve really just been thinking about school. I just got some news that I’m on track to graduate soon as a sociology major. So I’m really focusing on that. I’d be the first in my family to graduate college. You know, football is not always going to be here just with injuries and stuff like that. The fact they told me I’m on track to graduate is good, and I’ve been focusing on that and getting back healthy right now.

Football has blessed me with so many opportunities, and I’ve met so many people – once I get my degree and start a master’s program, I’ll be able to fill in the blanks sooner or later in life.

-ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE FANS
Mario Cristobal’s motto is stay off it, stay away from it, don’t listen to it. Don’t read it. If you read it, don’t let that negative energy from someone else bring you down. Don’t let somebody else’s opinion dictate how you feel, how you move throughout your day. His biggest message is just don’t read it, try your best to stay away from it even though you can’t. Don’t let any outside noise in, and you have to stick together and keep pushing forward.
Coaches tell us you’re not going to outrun it, you’re on your phones and stuff like that, just try your best not to pay attention to it.

Each loss, even with some wins, I have to block people, you know? A lot of people do come with harsh opinions, come with harsh statements. Like somebody actually told me to die, you know? And that’s how they feel. I’m still here apparently. But just stuff like that you block it out because at some point that’s how somebody is feeling in 10 seconds and that’s how they felt. And that’s not how I feel about myself and I know I have loving people around me and stuff like that who cares about me.

I Just always try my best – you read it, it is what it is – but always try my best to not let it influence me any type of way because somebody else’s opinion … not to sound arrogant … really doesn’t matter to me. Because at the end of the day we’re on that field, we’re practicing Monday through Friday for a game, for a 60-minute game. Everything doesn’t always go how it seems and how they want it to. No disrespect to the fans, we love the fans, but it’s always easy for a fan to sit at home and call everything out or wish something would happen. And it’s different being in a game, actually being in that present.
Intelligent young man who gets it. Best of success for him moving forward. Hopefully his approach and leadership is appreciated by the young bucks moving forward.

Advertisement
Back