Personnel

It's a long shot idea but, FSU did not show all it's plays until the Clemson game last year. This offense is as talented as Most top teams. I'm wondering if coley has some of jumbos strategy still in him. Our best offensive game will be against FSU.

Advertisement
Coley dropped a sure touchdown. He hasn't done much this year at all. Hasn't lived up to his freshman year.

Duke in the 4th quarter when we are up two scores and trying to run out the clock? No need to get him hurt. I don't mind Gus gaining 2yrds at a time. Sucks he fumbled.

bigdaddiee...when you have 2nd and 1...that is when you take a shot. Incomplete pass, you should be able to get 3rd and 1. I don't think you get it.

Burns should not be starting at CB. Has gotten burned (no pun intended) too often already this year. Gunter should be starting opposite Howard.

Coley also dropped two sure touchdowns in the first game of his career. He then proceeded to have a good 2nd half of the year.

Dont you think "he hasnt done much" because what theyve had him do isnt much. 2 years in the prog and you're telling me the kid cant run more than a screen??? so what he dropped a pass....let him keep playing

Oh I agree, let Coley keep playing. Where in the **** do you get from my post that I'm saying bench Coley? What are you reading? Tell me what Coley has done this year? Berrios is performing well above what was expected of him. Waters is doing a great job. Dorsett is playing very well as is Lewis. Coley needs to step up and perform to his potential. Right now he is clearly not the 2nd best receiver on the team. Does he have the talent to be?...Yes...is he performing as such?...No.

What is your point and how am I wrong?

You just aren't understanding the fact that literally when James Coley puts him in the game, he calls a dam screen. Berrios doesn't have to deal with that BS. Dorsett sure as **** doesn't, seeing as his routes are like always past 10 yards. ****, send Coley on a slant, I really don't care. But I am just tired of all these bubble screens. It's gotten to the point for me where im even annoyed when we gain like 7 yards on them.
But, Coley, hasn't played great, but he has had even less of a chance than Kaaya had vs UL..

No I get that. I hate the **** 20 bubble screens a game as well. His 2nd post only said when you are at 2nd and 1 inside the 20 you don't "through" (throw) it you run Duke. I simply stated that 2nd and 1 is the perfect time to throw, take a shot at the end zone.

Advertisement
Coley 1) Could be hurt 2) runs awful routes 3) is soft over the middle
Hes better than Berrios, Waters, Lewis..so why the **** isnt he in or getting the same chances those guys are?
I honestly forget who #17 is, but he was in on those 4 wr sets instead of Stacy. If you dont think thats unacceptable, you are trippin. Hes not hurt.

Coley 1) Could be hurt 2) runs awful routes 3) is soft over the middle
You're overstating it. They aren't awful routes, they surely aren't precise, though. That's why you see simple routes to him. Fades, Gos and screens. He's extremely dangerous on the screens, btw, and even if they don't work as well as we'd like, it's important to stretch teams horizontally to weaken them vertically. Not every playcall is meant to score.

Advertisement
So coley confidence low? Need to get him more involved with easy catch and throws. Oh that's right they do, with screens. Sure seems to work with waters. Coley is maybe most gifted wr. But he did not play a game because of injury. So that could have something to do with it. Not to jump on the kid , but he has not been great as a returner this yr either.

Coley dropped what should've been a TD in the Louisville game as well. He runs really poor routes and can't hold onto the ball. We always ask the coaches to hold players accountable for poor play and take them off the field, but then we scream when they do it with Coley. He has to play better, period. Waters is our best WR and Lewis is the second best WR. Dorsett is the most dynamic, but we ask him to block way too much.

Coley is the most talented of our WR's though, that I agree with. Berrios is a security blanket type who uses his strength and balance to get RAC.

I'm completely onboard with the OC needing to pound the rock a lot more though. Our best plays on the line are power and off tackle. We pull Feliciano quite well and when we use Isidora to crash down on the nose to help McDermott we can really open holes off RT. Our offense should be a 60/40 run offense.

Gray needs to learn the offense, but I'd like for him to be the #3 RB and Gus needs to focus on ball security, pad level and special teams.

Advertisement
Coley has been terrible this year at wr

He has not been himself for sure. Maybe he doesn't like the other Coley's fondness for that stupid WR screed that everyone except us seems to defend so well. Although, I think Elder showed everyone how to defend it on Sat.

The hate for Antonio Crawford yet is real.... Elder and him have played the best this season stats don't lie.... 2 FF & A fumble recovery... 2 pbu... always around the ball... shoot look who was on the tackle to hold the WR up for Perryman to destroy.... and look who it was that recovered the ball.... All you fuccin mopes saw was his P.I. call which was bull****.... yet yall still want to praise Artie Burns who has no awareness AT ALL because he has track speed... or Tracy because his rating out of high school yet on some plays he looks like Larry Holmes old flabby and sick slow and scared to tackle...yeah he waits until they're next to him before he makes an attempt on the ball... Gunter is our overall best DB that's not playing to his potential. ... **** the one we really should be bragging on is the walk on Fentress he's been playing balls to the wall and that tackle for loss on 3rd & 2 was priceless... Some of yall need to watch the whole game instead of a play before spreading judgment

Advertisement
So coley confidence low? Need to get him more involved with easy catch and throws. Oh that's right they do, with screens. Sure seems to work with waters. Coley is maybe most gifted wr. But he did not play a game because of injury. So that could have something to do with it. Not to jump on the kid , but he has not been great as a returner this yr either.

Eerily similar to leggets sophomore year. He is very talented and is a star but this year he hasn't been. Didn't he score on three of those screens last year? I'm fine w the play just not run 100 times as we do now. Also, there are other guys playing much better than him right now at receiver.

Eerily similar to leggets sophomore year. He is very talented and is a star but this year he hasn't been. Didn't he score on three of those screens last year? I'm fine w the play just not run 100 times as we do now. Also, there are other guys playing much better than him right now at receiver.

Brad K's success this year has been heavily focused on the TE and RB's out of the back field --- the WR's need to step up - maybe when we say we have "5-6 quality WR's", it really means no one is really that good. And pls dont send me hate on P Dorsett - he is averaging 2 catches a game

I guess you can add playing Fentress and Dmauri Jones to the list of dumb *** things the coaching staff decides to do.
A few questions...Who Had pitch man, Why were the safeties and cb's so deep, Why do we ******* continue to not play Stacy Coley except for on the few wr screens per game, he's not hurt. There just is no logic to who this staff plays and what they do when they play(Basically our Defensive allignment).

Advertisement
Back