Perryman v Shaq

da truth

1st team All-American
Love both of them. Who do you think was the better lb at the U?

Perryman has had a nice NFL career thus far and I think Shaq will as well.

Advertisement

Denzel was more explosive and strong at point of attack. I really fee like Denzel and Sean Spence would be gods if they played on Butch caliber teams. Spence to me is one of the best instinctive Lbs we’ve had EVER.

Advertisement
Perryman had 351tcks & 27TFL's in 4 years in a much worse 3-4 scheme.

Shaq has 327tcks & 45TFL's & 12 sacks in a highly aggressive scheme that Blitzes LB's way more than D'No did.

Perryman probably would've had higher numbers than that in this attacking 4-3/4-2-5 system we run now.

I think Shaq is better at attacking the pocket & getting after the QB, but Perryman is better against the run with Gap integrity & played with more discipline in the run lanes.

Both were good Miami LB's though.

Advertisement
Perryman had 351tcks & 27TFL's in 4 years in a much worse 3-4 scheme.

Shaq has 327tcks & 45TFL's & 12 sacks in a highly aggressive scheme that Blitzes LB's way more than D'No did.

Perryman probably would've had higher numbers than that in this attacking 4-3/4-2-5 system we run now.

I think Shaq is better at attacking the pocket & getting after the QB, but Perryman is better against the run with Gap integrity & played with more discipline in the run lanes.

Both were good Miami LB's though.

Two studs cant go wrong with eiether one

Advertisement
I would put them in the same tier of linebackers to come through Miami. not in the conversation to be among the greatest, but better than most.
As someone else said, if Perryman was playing in our attacking defense....my God, kid would have been a first rounder instead of 2nd

It’s just to hard to judge Perry man bc dnos scheme has him lined up 7 yards back in goal line that’s the handicap he played with

The same scrub dline under dno that had no talent completely became more productive under manny

That scheme was a massive handicap

Imagine a guy like deon bush if he had played for manny I bet Tracy Howard’s career would have been much more different

Or the dude I always felt bad for the de out of Tampa

He’s played like a first round draft pick so under a scheme like manny I think he would of put up first round lb numbers which would be better than Shaqs

Advertisement

Perryman by far. Underrated cane even with how well he is received. NFL career would be something else if not for the injuries. Might be the best cane in the 2010s. Him or duke

I'd take either one any day. I do think Shaq will be more durable in the NFL. Perryman didn't have it a lot, but I remember him missing some time at the U with an injury at some point.

Advertisement
Back