Perry gives thoughts on starting vs. GT

View as article
Good to see people in here starting to wisen up, of course that man is maturing, he's leaving his teenage years, which is why the clowns that bashed coach richt for starting rosier over perry for several games, it was a way to help get em to this point and not kicking em off the team. I kept telling yall coach richt knew what he was doing, coach richt was a leader of men, alot of people that just wanted to be clowns just ran their mouths last year not knowing WTF they were talking about or looking at.

This man perry been the best qb on the roster hands down, coach diaz tried to get too cute going with jw15 and his fragile minded ***, he's not raised yet mentally in the way of a True Hurricane, that young man threatnening to transfer on more than one occassion should've rendered him null and void this year at the qb position until next year, we all bout to see how True of a Cane he really is after Kosi keeps running off these wins. Again, coached diaz phucked up his first major decision by going with jw15 in that gaytor game, guys were running wide open all game, i dont think there has been one game where perry started where we didnt have a chance to win.

Anyway, things have a way of coming full circle, its OTJT for coach diaz, no prior experience, so dont ***** this one up!

Advertisement
After Wednesday’s drills, sophomore QB N’Kosi Perry was named the starter for the second straight week as UM prepares to take on Georgia Tech on Saturday.

His take?

“I’m just thankful for the opportunity and ready to get a win for this team again,” Perry said.

Perry led Miami to their first Power 5 win of the season last week, going for 200 total yards, 2 TD’s, and the game-sealing score late in the 4th quarter vs. 20th ranked UVA. Still, he has no expectations of being named the full-time starter, and will simply be ready to go any time his number is called.

“Personally, I feel like regardless if I’m starting or not, I’m always ready,” Perry said. “I definitely don’t look at it as an audition. I’m just prepared and thankful for the opportunity.”

What is he looking to improve this week heading into the game vs. GT?

“My deep ball accuracy,” Perry said. “If we’d have hit some deep shots, I feel the game would have been out of reach a lot earlier. You have to take advantage of every opportunity you get.”

Another aspect of his game he’s working on is becoming more comfortable in the pocket.

“One thing I try to work on as much as I can - the old me I used to get real jittery in the pocket and try to leave early,” Perry said. “You just have to trust the protection and coach (Dan) Enos made sure we don’t watch the rush.”

Going up against the Yellow Jackets this week, Perry will be facing the worst defense in the Coastal, as GT gives up 420.8 yards per game (#93 in the nation).

“They play with a lot of effort, a fast defense,” Perry said. “I’m not too worried about what they do. It’s about us. We win if we play good. And if we play bad, then we’re going to beat ourselves.”

Perry needs to change that “regardless” to “irregardless” to guarantee himself the starting job

Advertisement
Back