Per this podcast, Blake expected to stay

Feel good or projecting based off the clues @Cribby has made? I see a lot of posters making these type of posts as if they are getting this info from somewhere else.
My thoughts are based on information gathered from friends, not this Board. However, I am no insider and you should not read too much into my predictions. Those are my expectations but I have been let down before so tread lightly.

Advertisement
UM should fire Manny right now. The optics are going to be real bad next year. We will get blown out by Alabama in a most embarrassing loss in front of the entire country. He will be a dead man walking with no extension and will get his terminations papers at the end of the season. Blake is an absolute idiot for letting Manny continue.

UM should fire Manny right now. The optics are going to be real bad next year. We will get blown out by Alabama in a most embarrassing loss in front of the entire country. He will be a dead man walking with no extension and will get his terminations papers at the end of the season. Blake is an absolute idiot for letting Manny continue.

diagree, firing a coach 2 seasons after you hired him looks bad to potential new coaches

what should happen is blake forces him to fire the entire defensive staff, but it won't.

Advertisement
Blake is an absolute idiot for hiring him in the first place.

its incredible, we will play alabama with blake baker on this staff. we are so ****ed

angry nicolas cage GIF

screaming matt damon GIF

screaming season 1 GIF

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

Macaulay Culkin Running GIF by Home Alone

intense acds2 GIF by Anime Crimes Division

suicide squad running GIF

Triple H Wrestling GIF by WWE

Lets Go No GIF by The Lonely Island

Showtime Bodega Boys GIF by Desus & Mero

Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land
:hair-fire:

Advertisement
Paksat, you can disagree with me all day long but your point is mute. You must understand that Manny has been here for 5 years as a coach. Many coaches would love t have the job with the talent coming in. The fact that Manny hasn't fired anyone to this minute is beyond ridiculous. Firing Manny is the answer as he is the tumor in our program. Blake James is certainly the cancer and both need to get ousted. It is obvious to ANYONE with some type of football acumen that Manny has no clue what he is doing on the field as a head coach.

Advertisement
This.

Could be even worse than the LSU loss to the start the year. We blew that easy statement game and the entire season fell apart coming off a nice season and bowl win.

Diaz was on staff that night and better look very long and hard in they mirror if he sets himself to get rammed though by Bama by 40 points if he thinks he won’t be on the hot seat or top recruits telling him to “F off”
Yup...when recruits see the how far off we are from the likes of Bama I wouldn’t bank on the ‘22 class being anything close to what we got in ‘21.

Advertisement
So instead of letting him go (because they are friends) Manny will downgrade him to Co-DC so he can still give our LB’s ****** coaching and inputting his ****** game strategy while not impacting recruiting? Diaz is an ******* for this and deserves to fail.

They probably will look to bring in someone like T Rob who has been a DC under Muschamp, has coached the secondary, known as a great recruiter, and is familiar with Miami area to replace Banda. Give him a co-dc/secondary coach role with Baker still coaching lbs.

People will step in. The people that actually matter. Manny is on the clock I’m pretty sure. Just because you want Manny to figure it out, doesn’t mean that you don’t make a move if you realize that he hasn’t.

There is already pressure on him to fire the defensive coordinator. Whether that happens or not, I don’t know. But he is putting his future at risk, by keeping Baker.
The same people who failed to step in and force Golden to make changes? I'm sorry but I don't think these people you refer to exist at the University of Miami.

They probably will look to bring in someone like T Rob who has been a DC under Muschamp, has coached the secondary, known as a great recruiter, and is familiar with Miami area to replace Banda. Give him a co-dc/secondary coach role with Baker still coaching lbs.
T Rob wouldn’t accept those circumstances and if he did he wouldn’t be the man for the job knowing very well he will be having to convince changes on the Diaz mob. It’s awkward and ineffective.

Last edited:
I said it in another thread but there legitimately must be something about being the HC at UM where you feel invincible or something. Golden not firing D'OhNo-Frito, Richt hiring and subsequently not firing his "QB coach" son, and now Manny keeping his BFFs when everyone but himself can see they are going to lead to his termination here. People get drunk with power or some **** once they get past the coordinator level in this league, it's crazy.
There is something at UM that makes coaches invincible. Blake James. He does not give a **** about football, and doesn't know **** about football. The head coach is the end all be all for the football program until the outside noise gets so loud that the BOT forces Blake James to make a change. Rinse repeat.

Advertisement
Back