Per Shawn Eichorst (AD), Miami remains committed to ACC...

Advertisement
and kirby hocunt was "committed" to his job

we all know that the bottom line is money.......and if teams started bolting the ACC for the big 12 and they wanted us bad enough......they would make a nice offer......and if that offer was nice enough......what he says now wont mean a friggin thing

Stay in the ACC.Strong academically and a strong sports conference along the eastern seaboard.ACC controls markets in Miami,NYC/NJ,Pittsburgh,DC and Boston to name the big ones.Plus as we get stronger on the field with Coach Golden,the ACC will be like the Big East for us years ago,and we can dominate the conference.Especially if FSU leaves.

Advertisement
I'm not sure what you would expect him to say ? The reality is that Miami probably wants to stay in ACC, however that would not be the case if FSU, Clemson , or VT left. They would be forced to move.

Let's see. Miami's currently in the ACC. Why in the **** would our AD openly admit to anything remotely threatening to a conference we belong to at the moment? I would question his intelligence if he went and said the opposite.

I'm not sure what you would expect him to say ? The reality is that Miami probably wants to stay in ACC, however that would not be the case if FSU, Clemson , or VT left. They would be forced to move.

This is all about which dominoes fall where. First you have ND....when (not if) they finally select a conference, that conference gets much more attractive. If its the ACC, we stay.

The next domino is FSU....if they leave for the B12, we got with them, most likely with other schools (Clemson, and others).

This has nothing to do with geography, tradition, academic standards, or anything other than $, plain and simple. If FSU leaves the ACC, we go where they go.

I don't think UM will leave itself in an ACC minus FSU and Clemson. If those 2 look to leave I have to believe we will look at the Big 12. Lots of ifs still to be answered, but it seems the idea of super conferences is coming closer to coming true.

Advertisement
Wherever FSU goes, so will Miami. Thing is, Big 12 would be dumb to not take both. Miami/FSU is a top 5 watched game.

Advertisement

This. Unfortunately, the choice is completely out of our hands. They go, we go. They stay, we stay.

Eichorst said *what he should have said*. Smart move on his part.

Whether UM moves or not. I agree with earlier posters that have said his statement means little if the right offer is pushed under UM's nose.

That said, I don't quite agree that UM will automatically follow FSU if they move, because what's right for them may not be right for Miami. Also, that scenario assumes both schools have a viable offer from another conference, which may or may not be the case. But for the moment, let's assume the hypothetical situation in which both UM and FSU hav an offer: If FSU makes a move, that would certainly be a significant consideration, however, the UM leadership will make their decision independently.

Other than the rumors and talk, nothing has actually happened so far....but it does make an interesting topico of discussion in an otherwise boring off-season.

Advertisement

Whether UM moves or not. I agree with earlier posters that have said his statement means little if the right offer is pushed under UM's nose.

That said, I don't quite agree that UM will automatically follow FSU if they move, because what's right for them may not be right for Miami. Also, that scenario assumes both schools have a viable offer from another conference, which may or may not be the case. But for the moment, let's assume the hypothetical situation in which both UM and FSU hav an offer: If FSU makes a move, that would certainly be a significant consideration, however, the UM leadership will make their decision independently.

Other than the rumors and talk, nothing has actually happened so far....but it does make an interesting topico of discussion in an otherwise boring off-season.

If only FSU goes, maybe we would stay, but if VT and/or Clemson make a move too, we will almost certainly have try to make a move as well.

If only FSU goes, maybe we would stay, but if VT and/or Clemson make a move too, we will almost certainly have try to make a move as well.

With Shapirogate hanging over UM's head, what would be the chances of Miami being taken by the Big 12?

Advertisement
Back