Per FS - Linebackers.

canefan96

Redshirt Freshman
Linebacker is the most glaring position group that will have to overcome injuries this spring. Four Hurricanes middle backers will be out this spring according to Diaz. Incoming freshman Tyrek Austin-Cave and rising sophomore Sam Brooks are out with shoulder injuries and freshman Corey Flagg is out with a knee injury and Jennings with his hip Injury.

Advertisement
Pretty standard and no need to panic with the incoming freshman. These kids play through a lot and most of the time have nowhere near the quality of orthopedic services available prior to arriving on campus. It’s priority one to get the newbies cleaned up. The story with Brooks is known but from my understanding I’d have no expectations of seeing Jennings playing meaningful snaps for multiple reasons.

Linebacker is the most glaring position group that will have to overcome injuries this spring. Four Hurricanes middle backers will be out this spring according to Diaz. Incoming freshman Tyrek Austin-Cave and rising sophomore Sam Brooks are out with shoulder injuries and freshman Corey Flagg is out with a knee injury and Jennings with his hip Injury.

Is Jennings done? Been a while since he's been on a football field.

Brooks needed this spring imo.

Advertisement
LB is the biggest worry for me on the team outside of OL. We can nitpick Shaq and Pinck but they were 4 year, highly productive starters and that's difficult to replace right out of the gate.

Agree, this is where we need to grab a portal linebacker.

Advertisement
Our LBs are either young or very unproven. Realistically speaking the guys who have not really contribute and have been injured are probably not gonna be difference makers; they will either be depth guys or not contribute at all. Despite how good some of the young guys were in highschool....they are young and need live reps, expecting them to come in and perform to a high standard is just unrealistic. With that being said McCloud is the only LB we have that is proven coming and that is very bad. This class needs to be filled with dogs at the LB, position, I say bring in 3 minimum 4 max depending on how the other LBs perform this season. There is a bevy of quality LBs UM can try and get in this class: Tyler Johnson, Isiah Finnie, Jaydon Hood, Jonathone Flowe, Terrence Lewis, and Jacorey Hammett.

Advertisement
22A0D715-C252-4000-AEA3-3813A865948E.jpeg

Advertisement
Thank God McCloud is finally fully healed after 18 months in a wrist brace. That man will ball if put at Mike. The man is a leader, and has the highest athletic potential of the 3 guys that came in that year.

Remember that time we had three true freshmen starting at LB the year after Golden got fired and finished with a top 20 defense?
Unfortunately the tea leaves are saying some young and or inexperienced LB,s will have to step up again this season. Not a favorable situation to start the season. I understand the hype about some but still has to be proven on the field. I blame the situation on recruiting

Remember that time we had three true freshmen starting at LB the year after Golden got fired and finished with a top 20 defense?

Majority of our linebackers are either injured or will be coming off injuries, thank goodness that McCloud redshirted or we would be screwed. Four guys missing spring says a lot.

Advertisement
Back