Per Barry jackson

Kinda like when USF beat us?
Shouldn't matter this year, playing 3 warmup games for the first 3 of the season

@ App St. is not a warm up. They won 11 games last year, crappy conference or not.

I can't wait till UM fans can stop being total pu$$ies. We actually have guys trying to prop up a team that was 1AA a couple years ago?

Like I said, I can't wait for UM fans to stop being gaped out pu$$ies.
These dudes became Miami fans in the Coker/Shannon/Golden eras.

They have no idea what it's like for Miami to be good, other than watching Canesfreak2001 videos. It's pathetic.

Advertisement
@ App St. is not a warm up. They won 11 games last year, crappy conference or not.

I can't wait till UM fans can stop being total pu$$ies. We actually have guys trying to prop up a team that was 1AA a couple years ago?

They have no idea what it's like for Miami to be good, other than watching Canesfreak2001 videos. It's pathetic.

well if those guys started cheering for miami during the coker golden or shannon days i have to give them some credit

because they became fans of miami WHEN miami was bad,

most of us started cheering for miami when miami was good, i started cheering for miami at age 7 or so, because my whole family in tally was FSU fans,and i hated FSU

Who in the **** would become a Canes fan in the Golden or Shannon era?

Al Golden and Randy Shannon were probably in elementary school when I became a Cane fan, but keep trying.

My ex girlfriend...liked Al Golden too, there's a reason why she's my ex

Advertisement

what if there parents were canes fans and raised them as canes fans during that era? or they were just from miami

several reasons when you think about it

You'd be surprised!

Advertisement
We were NEVER thug U. That was BS made up by rival schools to make us look bad. We won with talent, speed, good coaching, and attitude. Not by having a team full of thugs. We need guys that can play football, period.
great news

return of thug u

we need guys like this if we are going to win a title

we need to go get those two linebackers back who we kicked off the team last year

Come on guy seriously? Miami took kids out the ghetto in the early 80's and gave inner city kids a chance. Not saying every player was a thug but they came from harsh environments so yeah there were a lot of shady characters.

What they did seems pretty minor. Glad to see coach richt has their back (assuming they aren't suspended for the first game).

Shouldn't matter this year, playing 3 warmup games for the first 3 of the season

I agree..except the only thing that I will say is that the biggest problem that most of us said last year's OLine had was continuity..they switched around way too much and never settled into a position...So i would like to start Game 1 (even if its FAMU) with all of our expected starters for the full season in place...that way when we get to the meat of the schedule everyone has gel'd into their role.

I think you are right, this year we should be able to roll with a starting unit from game one. However, I think Art had a line with no experience anywhere it was almost playing three RB because you don't have a complete back. So he had to move guys until he could find the combination that worked together.

great news

return of thug u

we need to go get those two linebackers back who we kicked off the team last year

Are you referring to JaWand Blue and Alex Figueroa? Seriously? They both admitted to police they drugged and raped an underage girl inside a UM dorm.

No they didn't.

Yes, they did. They admitted getting the underage girl intoxicated such that she was unable to resist. They were able to plea down to sexual battery and served 100 hours community service in a ***-offender program. The prosecution agreed to the deal after the victim chose not to testify. In today's victim-shaming culture who could blame her.

Ex-UM players in campus rape case allowed to enter program for first-time offenders | Miami Herald

You may call this being 'innocent', but neither player is the type of players The U needs.

Period.

Last edited:
We were NEVER thug U. That was BS made up by rival schools to make us look bad. We won with talent, speed, good coaching, and attitude. Not by having a team full of thugs. We need guys that can play football, period.
great news

return of thug u

Its a racist notion advanced by those who thought poverty equaled thug and criminal equaled hard. Were our players head busters, **** yeah, but so were ND players and every **** one else that was elite.

People who think that Canes need to be thugs are the same ones that think having a pit bull makes them a tough dog owner.

Advertisement

Or we have been fans since the glory days, and don't take for granted road games against 11 win teams. How'd we do at Cincy this year who wasn't quite as good as App St.? You're naive if you think that the game @ App St is a cupcake on the level of FAU/FAMU, and just another negative stereotype as a Miami fan at that. We can start taking games like that for granted when we are winning enough to not have to schedule them.

great news

return of thug u

Come on guy seriously? Miami took kids out the ghetto in the early 80's and gave inner city kids a chance. Not saying every player was a thug but they came from harsh environments so yeah there were a lot of shady characters.

What the he!! does that even mean?
I live a few miles from the Naval Academy and over the years that I've followed them I've seen them have football players dismissed off the team for committing various crimes involving academic cheating, drugs and sexual assault. Are they thugs too?

Advertisement
great news

return of thug u

Are you referring to JaWand Blue and Alex Figueroa? Seriously? They both admitted to police they drugged and raped an underage girl inside a UM dorm.

No they didn't.

Yes, they did. They admitted getting the underage girl intoxicated such that she was unable to resist. They were able to plea down to sexual battery and served 100 hours community service in a ***-offender program. The prosecution agreed to the deal after the victim chose not to testify. In today's victim-shaming culture who could blame her.

Ex-UM players in campus rape case allowed to enter program for first-time offenders | Miami Herald

You may call this being 'innocent', but neither player is the type of players The U needs.

Period.

They didn't "plea down" because they didn't even take a plea at all. They entered into a diversion program, which in Miami-Dade does not require an admission of guilt/entering of a plea.

You are gullible if you believe that the State offered PTI in a rape case, with a confession, all because the AV didn't want to testify. That might be true if this were a DV case where the evidence consisted of only the AV's word against the defendant's word. If the confession was truly a confession, the State would sleepwalk their way to a conviction, with or without the AV.

You may not have a good grasp on the criminal justice system or criminal law, but seeing as there is no conviction on their records, these men never lost the presumption of innocence. So yes, they are "innocent" of any crime they were accused of.

Period.

Last edited:
return of thug u

No they didn't.

Period.

They didn't "plea down" because they didn't even take a plea at all. They entered into a diversion program, which in Miami-Dade does not require an admission of guilt/entering of a plea.

You are gullible if you believe that the State offered PTI in a rape case, with a confession, all because the AV didn't want to testify. That might be true if this were a DV case where the evidence consisted of only the AV's word against the defendant's word. If the confession was truly a confession, the State would sleepwalk their way to a conviction, with or without the AV.

You may not have a good grasp on the criminal justice system or criminal law, but seeing as there is no conviction on their records, these men never lost the presumption of innocence. So yes, they are "innocent" of any crime they were accused of.

Period.

You may call it whatever you like Barrister. My point is neither player has the character that should be required to play for The U.

Case closed.

No they didn't.

Period.

Period.

You may call it whatever you like Barrister. My point is neither player has the character that should be required to play for The U.

Case closed.

Your "point" makes no sense whatsoever, considering what was discussed above. What "character" is Blue and Figueroa lacking by merely being accused of a crime? Are you actually attempting to argue that being accused of a crime = bad person/character?

No they didn't.

Period.

Period.

Case closed.

Your "point" makes no sense whatsoever, considering what was discussed above. What "character" is Blue and Figueroa lacking by merely being accused of a crime? Are you actually attempting to argue that being accused of a crime = bad person/character?
Come on man . You dont take a diversion class unless you did something but pretty much dont want to come out and say you actually did it. If you didnt do anything , theres no reason to take a diversion class and do community service. You would just plead not guilty

Advertisement
Back