People Continually Complain About The Defense

reidz5

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
... But it is the defense that has put us in a position to win every single game. Our offense needs to step up in order to start putting teams away. Our defense forces turnovers and does a pretty good job of keeping opponents out of the end zone. You can complain all you want about Diaz and his late blitzes, but in every game it has been our defense that has given us an opportunity to win.

Does the defense have work to do? Definitely. But if you're going to complain about this team, at least look at where the true problem lies. This offense is inconsistent and cannot take advantage of opportunities to put points on the board. The offense isn't a single issue problem but rather the system as a whole.

I have the confidence that our defense can keep us in the VT and ND games. But will our offense capitalize and put these teams away? Only time will tell.

Advertisement
This is the third worst defense we have fielded since the probation years.

Or do you not believe in stats?

The defense trash too. Bad alignments, poor angles, missed tackles, slow, stupid penalties. Still a lot of JAGS on the roster as well!

The offense is just horrible namely Rosier **** he is just just bad but the defense is doing enough but they just seemed to regres since last year and that is just a head scratcher

Advertisement

BCU - 13 Points
Toledo - 30 Points
Duke - 6 Points
FSU - 20 Points
GT - 24 Points
Syracuse - 19 Points
UNC - 19 Points

Is that a dominant defense? No. But the point is that they are putting us in a position to win. It is the offense's inability to capitalize on opportunities that are making these games so close. The proportion of threads about how "terrible this defense is" is not just. If you're going to continually complain about something, why not it be that this offense cannot put more points on some of the worst defenses in the nation.

Offense is atrocious outside of 4-5 chunk plays a game and defense is Dorito esque with sacks and few TO. Special teams is atrocious. We are mediocre in all 3 phases.

They are a frustrating defense to watch at times. But they make up for that with big plays and big stops.

The offense frustrates me all game. And I don't blame Richt for everything. We just aren't there yet. He's told us that multiple times.

Advertisement
Lol at some of the responses in this thread. There's no way you all actively root for Miami, no way. Was it pretty? **** no, but I'll take the W and keep it moving.

Can we please ban this cuck?

Just so afraid of me stating a fact.

Here's the facts: no team has averaged more yards per game than this one, outside of 3 of the five Dorito years. Not Walton, not Lovett, not Shannon, not Young, not Chimp.

Do you refute that point?

Defense is not the problem. Yes they blitz way to much and run defense is a problem but they have kept us in game all year.

Here's the facts: no team has averaged more yards per game than this one, outside of 3 of the five Dorito years. Not Walton, not Lovett, not Shannon, not Young, not Chimp.

wow yards

so does every 100 yards equal a score?

how does it work?

Advertisement
The defense is on the field every game for long periods. Diaz is carry this team. They are giving up some yards to create havoc. I'm sure they could play gap sound because when they get into the red zone they do. They don't concede points, I'm ok with that especially with the offensive ineptitude

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Defense isn't the problem it's clearly the offense and I don't know how you can argue that. The defense has most likely (I don't have a stat) been on the field 60%+ of the time. The offense is just so inconsistent and bad that they keep getting off the field quick. I'm happy that they're undefeated but holy **** can we please win a clean game.

Defense isn't the problem it's clearly the offense and I don't know how you can argue that. The defense has most likely (I don't have a stat) been on the field 60%+ of the time. The offense is just so inconsistent and bad that they keep getting off the field quick. I'm happy that they're undefeated but holy **** can we please win a clean game.

The defense defintiely has a problem in run defense

Advertisement

wow yards

so does every 100 yards equal a score?

how does it work?

So yards don't matter? Is this Mark D'Onofrio or Al Golden posting?

According to one statistical category. When you take that stat and divide it by the number of plays run against us, we're ranked #16 in the country. Not amazing, but undermines your point.

I hope wherever anyone sees you judging our defense by total yards, they reply to you with total yards/# of plays. Little context.

Advertisement
Back