Pendley lands UM offer, will take official to Miami

View as article
We had only 2 offensive linemen committed form many months now and an offer and hope for one other Neal.
We had no cushion of decent players to cover the decommits. When the two twins joined at the hip went to Florida and Neal would have been tough to land even if we had had a 10-2 record.
We should have had at least 4 maybe 5 guys committed for the O-line so even the two twins that went to Florida should have left us with at least 2 solid commits.
There was never any real concern during he last several months about such a low number of commits in an area of need.

So you want to take commitments from kids who you plan on decommitting, and if they don't, you have to pull their scholarships at the 11th hour? That's how you wanna run your program?

The want to take 3ish OL. They had 2 committed who they liked, and it was mutual enough for the kids to commit. They obviously are doing literally everything they can do get Neal. They have been recruiting Lucas. You think the right way to play this is to take 5 commits in hopes of yielding 2? You know no school ever in the history of football has ever approached recruiting this way, correct?

BTW...I'm not saying I agree with what's happened to this point on OL recruiting AT ALL. Nor am I defending the staff. Just what you laid out is an atrocious plan and not the way anyone does this. Do a better job of holding onto the ones who commit to you. That's step 1. Not take commitments from 5 kids over the summer who you have no intention of signing.

Advertisement
Shodell just said he heard today that FSU will not get Lucas. 60-40 Miami over UF as of now.

Him and Ferman are actually impressively bad at this game so I’d say he’s a lock to sign with FSU now.

This isn’t true the Noles not getting Lucas part. Right now it’s a FSU/Miami battle. FSU still leading, visiting Florida this weekend and giving them a real look and I’m guessing you’ll see a similar reaction as we did from Florida mods and last visit is to FSU and I’m guessing seals the deal.

Ferman and Shodell are idiots and have no recruiting contacts

Advertisement
We had only 2 offensive linemen committed form many months now and an offer and hope for one other Neal.
We had no cushion of decent players to cover the decommits. When the two twins joined at the hip went to Florida and Neal would have been tough to land even if we had had a 10-2 record.
We should have had at least 4 maybe 5 guys committed for the O-line so even the two twins that went to Florida should have left us with at least 2 solid commits.
There was never any real concern during he last several months about such a low number of commits in an area of need.
Very True! Even Bama with clout to take most any player off most any team at the last minute is not going to have just two commits in late November at any position. Amazing it did not sound an alarm to Richt much earlier especially after Neal started looking very iffy and Kingskey Eguakun started to talk Auburn, etc.

Very True! Even Bama with clout to take most any player off most any team at the last minute is not going to have just two commits in late November at any position. Amazing it did not sound an alarm to Richt much earlier especially after Neal started looking very iffy and Kingskey Eguakun started to talk Auburn, etc.

Richt is slow to adapt. It takes him nearly a full season to figure out his best lineup.

Advertisement
titanic.gif

Go to the Midwest and get linemen. Florida is great for skill position but not for O Linemen
False. The ONLY midwest kids we would get are the ones that the top B10 teams didn't want. Those are the type of Olineman you don't want imo.

dont remember who posted it (lu or d$) but I agree with them that we need to LAND the top South Florida OLineman and mainly recruit out of state lineman who come from big cities.

Advertisement
Singed with Miss St?

How does this **** happen...We throw an offer, kid loves us, we can't even get a visit?

Singed with Miss St?

How does this **** happen...We throw an offer, kid loves us, we can't even get a visit?

I don't think Miami was all that interested, man.

Darius Washington seems to be the priority, followed by ElGammel now.

Kennedy and Nelson were their Early Signing Day priorities, I guess?

I don't think Miami was all that interested, man.

Darius Washington seems to be the priority, followed by ElGammel now.

Kennedy and Nelson were their Early Signing Day priorities, I guess?

Ya, I agree D.Wash maybe...But it seemed like there was mutual interest here, and I'm not sure UM can afford to be picky, nor do I believe Washington is any kinda lock, right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back