Pendley lands UM offer, will take official to Miami

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
After losing both of their longtime commits on the O-Line in the past two days, the Miami Hurricanes are starting from scratch to rebuild the trenches at the U. Stacy Searels’ search led him to Creekview High (GA) today, where he visited 3-star OT Nick Pendley to extend him a Miami offer.

“It was awesome,” Pendley said of getting an offer from UM. “I’m a huge Miami and Mark Richt fan and have wanted the offer. Coach Searels came by my school today and made it.”

As a native of Canton, GA, Pendley grew up watching Georgia Bulldogs football and is very familiar with Richt from his years in Athens. In fact, he cites Richt’s presence at Miami as a main attraction for his interest in UM.

“Coach Richt, the history of the program,” Pendley said of what has him interested in UM. “They play big time football there. I love that.”

Now with the offer in hand, Pendley says he will make the trip to Coral Gables for an official visit in the near future. The 6’5” 290 pound lineman currently has officials set up to Miss. State and USC the next two weeks, so a Miami official will come soon after. He plans on waiting until February to sign.

“I will take an official visit there. I can’t wait to go,” Pendley said of Miami. “I have visits lined up to Miss. State and USC the next two weeks, so it will be after that most likely.”

Other Power 5 programs have gotten involved here lately such as FSU, Indiana, UNC, and Missouri, but Pendley is keeping things open as a rising prospect that is hearing from new schools every day.

“I’m not ready to list a top group,” Pendley said. “There’s a lot of schools still recruiting me.”

When it comes time to make a decision, what is Pendley looking for in a program that will make it stand out above the rest?

“Culture, commitment to football, my education, energy,” Pendley said. “I want to be a part of something special. I will pray and let God lead my path, that’s how I will make the right choice.”

Advertisement
When it comes time to make a decision, what is Pendley looking for in a program that will make it stand out above the rest?

“Culture, commitment to football, my education, energy,” Pendley said. “I want to be a part of something special. I will pray and let God lead my path, that’s how I will make the right choice.”

Cane lock

Advertisement
After losing both of their longtime commits on the O-Line in the past two days, the Miami Hurricanes are starting from scratch to rebuild the trenches at the U. Stacy Searels’ search led him to Creekview High (GA) today, where he visited 3-star OT Nick Pendley to extend him a Miami offer.

“It was awesome,” Pendley said of getting an offer from UM. “I’m a huge Miami and Mark Richt fan and have wanted the offer. Coach Searels came by my school today and made it.”

As a native of Canton, GA, Pendley grew up watching Georgia Bulldogs football and is very familiar with Richt from his years in Athens. In fact, he cites Richt’s presence at Miami as a main attraction for his interest in UM.

“Coach Richt, the history of the program,” Pendley said of what has him interested in UM. “They play big time football there. I love that.”

Now with the offer in hand, Pendley says he will make the trip to Coral Gables for an official visit in the near future. The 6’5” 290 pound lineman currently has officials set up to Miss. State and USC the next two weeks, so a Miami official will come soon after. He plans on waiting until February to sign.

“I will take an official visit there. I can’t wait to go,” Pendley said of Miami. “I have visits lined up to Miss. State and USC the next two weeks, so it will be after that most likely.”

Other Power 5 programs have gotten involved here lately such as FSU, Indiana, UNC, and Missouri, but Pendley is keeping things open as a rising prospect that is hearing from new schools every day.

“I’m not ready to list a top group,” Pendley said. “There’s a lot of schools still recruiting me.”

Kid is huge Ga fan, but apparently they are not offering. Maybe with a Cane offer will get him some others.

Advertisement
Shodell just said he heard today that FSU will not get Lucas. 60-40 Miami over UF as of now.

Him and Ferman are actually impressively bad at this game so I’d say he’s a lock to sign with FSU now.
He OVs to UF this weekend which is bad for us. FSU gets the last OV but this isn’t the first time we have heard that he will flip and where there’s smoke well look what happened with tarquino Eguakun and Crowley. So we will see

He OVs to UF this weekend which is bad for us. FSU gets the last OV but this isn’t the first time we have heard that he will flip and where there’s smoke well look what happened with tarquino Eguakun and Crowley. So we will see

We all know he’s an impressionable kid. Doesn’t surprise me at all that someone, somewhere is telling shodell that it’s miami and uf at the moment. Probably flips right back after the uf then FSU visits.

Also, like I said, shodell and Turdman have a gift for being wrong. It’s almost eerie. Those 2 could **** up a cup of coffee. So if he’s saying 60/40 Miami with FSU out, id run and buy FSU stock immediately.

Advertisement
Stefan do you thing he has the ability to be a tackle at the next level?
Also is he an EE as he looks like he needs some strength addition?

Advertisement
These are the type of kids you offer, this guy whether he signs or not knows what he's looking for, same with neal. If he commits, he'll more than likely sign here.

Settle down people, we will get o-linemen! Coach searels just learned his lesson on offering gaytors, now go out and git er done!

We had only 2 offensive linemen committed form many months now and an offer and hope for one other Neal.
We had no cushion of decent players to cover the decommits. When the two twins joined at the hip went to Florida and Neal would have been tough to land even if we had had a 10-2 record.
We should have had at least 4 maybe 5 guys committed for the O-line so even the two twins that went to Florida should have left us with at least 2 solid commits.
There was never any real concern during he last several months about such a low number of commits in an area of need.

Advertisement
Back