penalties...there is a huge discrepancy week in and...

5XNC

Senior
week out. something needs to be said and done. we have arguably the best front 7 in football and don't draw a holding call? i'm sure every week richt sends in game tape to the acc office, but, the discrepancy is too glaring to ignore between UM and its opponents every week. and i'm not one to blame refs, but, 1 penalty for 5 yards vs 5 for /60 is ridiculous. and it's every week.

Advertisement
week out. something needs to be said and done. we have arguably the best front 7 in football and don't draw a holding call? i'm sure every week richt sends in game tape to the acc office, but, the discrepancy is too glaring to ignore between UM and its opponents every week. and i'm not one to blame refs, but, 1 penalty for 5 yards vs 5 for /60 is ridiculous. and it's every week.
We have had less penalties called on us in every game but this past week. On the season our opponents have been called for 38 penalties for 326 yards. We have been called for 33 for 341. Your argument is wrong, sorry.

We almost never get held according to the refs, yet our DL jerseys are always distorted and ripped.

It's gotten ridiculous.

We almost never get held according to the refs, yet our DL jerseys are always distorted and ripped.

It's gotten ridiculous.
I agree the non calls on holding have been pretty bad. Oddly we haven't been called for many holds this season either. Some of the non calls against us have been real bad though

Advertisement
Someone posted the stats on holding calls for and against us the past decade, I can't remember which thread/game discussion that was but it was staggering. I think it was after the FSU game last season when Walton's TD was called back.

Advertisement
Back