PB Post...Q & A w/ LB Tevon Coney

deerob305

Junior
No. 1 Tevon Coney, linebacker, Palm Beach Gardens

6-foot-2, 220 pounds

Offers: Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, West Virginia and others

Q & A with Coney

Q: How is the recruiting process going and do you have a favorite?

A: I’m taking it slow and taking a look at a couple of schools. I’ve been talking to my dad and my uncle to see which schools I want to visit in the summer. I don’t have a school that’s a leader, but I do want to check out Clemson, Ohio State, Tennessee, Auburn and North Carolina State. I’ve seen Miami and Florida already.

Q: You grew up as a fan of the University of Florida. Does that mean the Gators have the edge for your services?

A: It doesn’t mean that I’m going there. I’ve just always liked the style of play they have. But I’m taking a good look at Florida to see if I do fit in there. I’ll go back there again for another visit. But as of right now, I’m not looking to commit there.

Coach’s take: “He’s a guy who loves football. It’s pretty obvious when you turn on the tape, he’s a football player. He’s not just a guy that does well in the combines and looks good in a uniform. I don’t think he’s ever missed a practice. He just likes everything about football.” — Palm Beach Gardens head coach Rob Freeman

Last year’s stats: Coney led the Gators with a team-high 172 tackles, adding six forced fumbles and two interceptions to help Palm Beach Gardens reach the Class 8A state semifinals.

Breakdown: It’s tough to think of a more dominant player in the county. Coney forces offenses to focus their game plans on him, opening space for teammates to make plays. He’s best against the run, using his size to create havoc at the line of scrimmage. If Coney can improve in pass coverage, he may turn into a five-star recruit.

With reading this, do you like our chances more now? Opinions please...

Advertisement
Last year’s stats: Coney led the Gators with a team-high 172 tackles, adding six forced fumbles and two interceptions to help Palm Beach Gardens reach the Class 8A state semifinals.

344.gif

Coney has to be the top uncommitted LB on our board.

I'd like to see him and Sheppard in this class with Perry.

Advertisement
want this kid @ lb.....but kid looks to be UF bound...so i aint gonna focus on him at this point.

I liek that we got Perry locked up already though, maybe he can help recruit this kid some what.

Perry is a plus athlete. He would fit in good with Coney...but he wears gators colors already in hs @ PB Gardens

Advertisement
want this kid @ lb.....but kid looks to be UF bound...so i aint gonna focus on him at this point.

I liek that we got Perry locked up already though, maybe he can help recruit this kid some what.

Perry is a plus athlete. He would fit in good with Coney...but he wears gators colors already in hs @ PB Gardens

You keep recruiting the **** out of Coney in the hopes that UF's season gets Muschamp fired and the kid gets cold feet.

You keep recruiting the **** out of Coney in the hopes that UF's season gets Muschamp fired and the kid gets cold feet.

I agree....I think we nab him in the end...he is not even their number 1 target at LB...Jeffrey Holland is along with Adonis Thomas...they are slow playing him....

Also UF could have a good season and UF gets better players than Coney.

Advertisement

:ibisroflmao:

Muskrat is gonna get sht canned

why? And if that happens so be we will just go get the best coach available .

331.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Coney and Perry are the real deal. Only 5 Cane offers to the top 25 players in PBC. I hope to see more offers before summer. Step it up!!

331.gif

ummm....if your coach gets fired you wont land all your top targets.

331.gif

ummm....if your coach gets fired you wont land all your top targets.

Yes, because when in the history of college football has a new coach come in to a big name program and had recruiting success?

Muschamp just out-recruited us down the stretch coming off of 4-8 and a loss to us. They are a prime candidate for a bounce back year if they can get even decent QB play and even if that doesn't work out, the next guy HAS to be better than Muschamp...they have too much money for it not to be.

Advertisement
Back