Paul Williams coaching up DB's (practice)

half of these drills are not db movements, look we need a new db coach we need to make that move after spring..

Advertisement
Lmaoooooo at j rock in the second video, " I stayed low what you talking bout" smh you can tell these players got no respect for this dude when a player talks back to you like that, that says everything

I didn't click the link but if that's the case, this is spot on.

That is really telling and i laughed..cause I can totally see the vibe...and PW deserves it. That said...j rock has to get better.

This. Doesn't matter..JCarter would be lost even in LSUs secondary. The kid takes bad angles and isn't as fast as I thought he was. Thought he would be the next Darryl Williams. Cant blame the scheme/Paul Williams for everything.

People say, "Turn him loose and just let him freakin' hit everything moving!" Sounds good to say on this site..but meanwhile South Carolina just sailed another TD over his head because he missed his assignment and he just took yet ANOTHER bad angle that led to another James Conner TD.

I can watch the box DRILL OVER AND OVER AGAIN.. That's the ounce of aggressiveness we're gunna have all year besides that 2nd berrios vs Johnson part our db's were pretty good against the WR's

Advertisement
I wonder how it feels to be the worst coach on the worst coaching staff in the country?

Could Carter's athleticism translate better to maybe OLB?

It might make sense for him...not sure about that. At this point Jamal needs to start thinking about any shot at the NFL. Just runnin around and hitting guys hard aint gonna cut it at the next level...except maybe as an UFA playing special teams.

Advertisement
I watched these videos yesterday. I didn't see anything wrong.

I think a lot of yall are just looking for garbage.

Coach ain't it. His voice has no growl his presence doesn't demand respect. When I played the best coaches were real hood or real life rednecks. Aggressive presence that demands and holds attention.... U can't have poodles trying to teach any dogs to fight let alone a pit bull....

Lmaoooooo at j rock in the second video, " I stayed low what you talking bout" smh you can tell these players got no respect for this dude when a player talks back to you like that, that says everything

That's not what was said. Williams said "Come on JRock... Gotta work on the pedal, right" and Carter thought he said "say ball" ... Which Carter said, "What are you talking about... I said ball"...

Nothing to see here.

Regardless of what he said a player would never talk back like that to a coach he has respect for

Advertisement
Lol... Fundamentals don't change at the next level. Seriously. A lot of coaches on every level don't teach the backpedal anymore including saban... Watch a lot of pro ball that bump and run with a backpedal is usually in blitz calls.

Spread offense has changed the game. Hardest route to disrupt is a drag then slant. Hard to drive on those routes from a backpedal.

Our defensive problems start with gap philosophy and lack of impact interior d lineman

Coach ain't it. His voice has no growl his presence doesn't demand respect. When I played the best coaches were real hood or real life rednecks. Aggressive presence that demands and holds attention.... U can't have poodles trying to teach any dogs to fight let alone a pit bull....

First off...

Corner is a TECHNICAL position, much like Quarterback. You don't need a growling nut-job to coach that position. Matter of fact, it behooves you to have a level-headed technician coaching your CB's. (not saying Williams is a technician cause I don't know, just making a point)

Yelling and growling doesn't = good coach

That's that dumbass hood mentality. That's all most of them cats do. They yell their *** off all practice and people go "Man that guy's coaching his *** off!"

GTFOH

Advertisement

That's not what was said. Williams said "Come on JRock... Gotta work on the pedal, right" and Carter thought he said "say ball" ... Which Carter said, "What are you talking about... I said ball"...

Nothing to see here.

Regardless of what he said a player would never talk back like that to a coach he has respect for

That I won't argue with.

Definitely seems like there may be a disconnect between Williams and his players.

First off...

Corner is a TECHNICAL position, much like Quarterback. You don't need a growling nut-job to coach that position. Matter of fact, it behooves you to have a level-headed technician coaching your CB's. (not saying Williams is a technician cause I don't know, just making a point)

That's that dumbass hood mentality. That's all most of them cats do. They yell their *** off all practice and people go "Man that guy's coaching his *** off!"

GTFOH

It looked like he was dealing w the safeties to me. When did I say anything about yelling. I said he sounds soft. Not commenting on volume. U can be ASSERTIVE and or AGGRESSIVE without yelling.

To go along with being soft spoken he doesn't give off a presence that radiates "eyes here, ears open"

You can be a nut job and coach a highly technical position. I was commenting on his demeanor and how it looks like he does or doesn't elicit a response.

I had redneck coaches too who weren't hood at all. So its not a hood thing. Its about perceived timidity.

My post had nothing to do with u personally. It seems like that's how u took it.

Coach Williams seems to be conch salad. PERIOD

Big difference between meek and weak

First off...

GTFOH

It looked like he was dealing w the safeties to me. When did I say anything about yelling. I said he sounds soft. Not commenting on volume. U can be ASSERTIVE and or AGGRESSIVE without yelling.

To go along with being soft spoken he doesn't give off a presence that radiates "eyes here, ears open"

You can be a nut job and coach a highly technical position. I was commenting on his demeanor and how it looks like he does or doesn't elicit a response.

I had redneck coaches too who weren't hood at all. So its not a hood thing. Its about perceived timidity.

My post had nothing to do with u personally. It seems like that's how u took it.

Coach Williams seems to be conch salad. PERIOD

Big difference between meek and weak

Nah bro, I didn't take it personally.

I get your point now. I don't necessarily disagree now that you explained it further. I get what you're saying.

Shoot, I yell a lot when I'm coaching and I have a deep and loud voice. IMO that's the way LB and/or DL coaches have to be. However, as a DC I prefer my DB coach to be less of a "rah rah" guy and more of a technician.

But ALL coaches should radiate the "eyes here, ears open" response regardless. Definitely.

Advertisement
Back