Patrick Joyner??

Canes91

Freshman
Quick Question: Are we leaving him at DE for good? Or will he move to Linebacker the position we recruited him at some point? I think he would be better suited at a rush DE but that's just me.

Advertisement
Quick Question: Are we leaving him at DE for good? Or will he move to Linebacker the position we recruited him at some point? I think he would be better suited at a rush DE but that's just me.

He’s going to be a lb , but our awful dL depth, and him rushing off the edge a lot in hs was just a natural short term fit.

I could see him eventually turn into a hybrid type though.

He’s going to be a lb , but our awful dL depth, and him rushing off the edge a lot in hs was just a natural short term fit.

Got it.
How big is he? Is he athletic enough to play in space?

Advertisement
I think he wants to play MLB. But i think he might end up staying at DE. Especially with the Lb's we have coming in.

He was primarily a DE in HS and only is a LB by his recruiting profile. But, even as this season would indicate, he's all DE. I can see him growing into a 240-250 Jamal Green DE except with speed, coming off the edge.

I like him at DE... I want us to move McCloud to DE too. Similar type of players

I said that the same let him rush the pass some in Obvious passing downs he's athletic would like to get him on the field in that role

Advertisement
He was primarily a DE in HS and only is a LB by his recruiting profile. But, even as this season would indicate, he's all DE. I can see him growing into a 240-250 Jamal Green DE except with speed, coming off the edge.

He played olb , most of his highlights was off the edge rushing from the lb spot. But he was recruited as a lb here , he didn’t want to be a de.

I could see him as a lb ( mcclouds spot)on first and second down , then putting hand in the dirt on third downs.

He’s such a gifted pass rusher they’d be fools not to let him put hand in the dirt at times. But his heart is set on lb abs the staff recruited him at that.

He’s such a good athlete he gives you options but I don’t see full time de.

I think he's only at DE right now (with McCray) because we have no depth at all.

Next year we'll have the proper depth, but will be short on experience at DT unless we bring in a JUCO.

In all seriousness I don't see this staff being wily enough to put guys where they best serve the team like past coaching greats.

Looking at the depth next year he might have to do it again, unless we get some transfers or jucos. DL depth is just as bad or worse next year.

Some of the Fr will have to play , it’s that bad.

He might not want to play it bug him or the staff might not have any other option.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back