Patrick Joyner

How realistic of a chance do we have of flipping him from Florida State, and how does he project for the next level, as he can play both linebacker and defensive end.

[video]http://www.hudl.com/v/23UhSs[/video]

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure it's been said that the staff wants two linebackers this class... Joyner and Rosendo Louis

Advertisement
1 LB seems a little small considering we may lose a LB or two after next year to the draft.

Advertisement
I only know of 2 in the next class we are targeting, Brooks and Mikel Jones. Who are some others?

I wouldn't say they're targeting Mikel Jones at this point. He's a tweener at the next level and they aren't sure on him just yet. Brooks is a high priority though.

Anybody else see a pass rusher when they look at Joyner? I don't see a backer at all. Was really surprised a few months ago when I heard Miami was trying to sell him on the prospect of playing backer. FSU is recruiting him to have his hand in the dirt. Can this kid play in space?

And yes, I know Diaz knows a lot more than I do. Save that narrative. Just strikes me as a little odd that, even in a down year at the position, the only LB we're wanting to take is a pretty big question mark at the position.

Advertisement
Anybody else see a pass rusher when they look at Joyner? I don't see a backer at all. Was really surprised a few months ago when I heard Miami was trying to sell him on the prospect of playing backer. FSU is recruiting him to have his hand in the dirt. Can this kid play in space?

And yes, I know Diaz knows a lot more than I do. Save that narrative. Just strikes me as a little odd that, even in a down year at the position, the only LB we're wanting to take is a pretty big question mark at the position.

He has movement skills and length and Miami has seen him up close in a camp setting to verify. Not sure he has the frame to really but a hand in the ground pass rusher at the next level.

Advertisement
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]

What's your personal opinion of the LB prospects in this 2018 class? Who are the kids you would like to see us pull? Is Sherwood an elite LB prospect? Do you prefer Joyner or Louis? What's your take on Ashtan Pierre? Talk to me. I love picking your brain on prospects.

Advertisement
Back