Patrick Joyner - LB/FSU commit

Chosen, stop. You’re the only guy who thinks Miller looks slow.
Again, your analysis on our special teams and just overall fb knowledge is horrible

I dont like Miller either but I wouldnt be mad if we took him since these guys know what they r doing.....I like his violence I can admit that but I would take Joyner and Bonnito over him

Advertisement
Maybe someone can explain this unreal obsession with bonitto. You guys are acting like he's the second coming of Lewis, yet his most likely destination is Louisville? Wtf?

Maybe someone can explain this unreal obsession with bonitto. You guys are acting like he's the second coming of Lewis, yet his most likely destination is Louisville? Wtf?

Bonito fits the hybrid LB that fits the scheme that Diaz is trying to implement. That's why.

Advertisement
We aren’t looking for 6’3 240 lb lbers coming out of hs to play some hybrid role. We’ll take whatever d ends we have and do that once in awhile. There isn’t some hybrid player we’re looking for. We’lol recruit traditional lbers

We aren’t looking for 6’3 240 lb lbers coming out of hs to play some hybrid role. We’ll take whatever d ends we have and do that once in awhile. There isn’t some hybrid player we’re looking for. We’lol recruit traditional lbers

You do know he’s only like 205-210 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
That’s fine. I’m saying we aren’t looking for some oversized lb, undersized d end. I think dropping the end is more a design of blitz/zone coverages. Not that we’re looking for a specific type for that role. We’ll drop our d end if that’s what the coverage calls for.

He has untapped potential bruh, hes a real good prospect for the next level he has the measurables man

Joyner and Bonnito. Please Manny. That Miller kid ain't Miami caliber.

Do you even have a clue wtf you are talking about?

I'm no recruiting guru but you don't just sign a slow LB just because he hits hard (ie: Jennings from last year). We need to recruit fast agile LBs that can cut through traffic and chase down the bubble (ie: Sean Spence type). This Miller guy ain't it. He is to slow. Want to know why our special team coverage is so bad? Because of slow stiff players like this. If you recruit a LB the WORSE possible scenario should be that if he isn't good enough to play LB then he should at least provide some speed to cover kicks. I'm watching this dude HIGHSCHOOL film and he is the last guy to get down the field on every kickoff. We are beating teams because of our speed and quickness not because we have a bunch of thumpers out there who hit really hard.

It like that D'onofrio/Hurlie brown YT video. Is this guy quick and athletic enough to play LB at Miami? My answer is No. Joyner and Bonnito are much better prospect and we shouldn't be giving up the chase (When they both seem pretty interested) for a plan E or F.

do you think jennings will ever start here?

Advertisement
What hybrid lb? We are running 4-3.

Check the date. It not 1992. LB gotta cover effectively and move well laterally in space.
Not to mention, as much time as Manny loves to put LB on the slot so you better have LB who is quick and can play in space.
People are just looking at this big slow 6'3 kid making 5'5 RB good backwards and think he is Miami caliber.

We need Hybrid LB (which is basically fast versatile LB ie: Jermaine Grace) because Manny puts a lot of stress responsibility on the LB. That is when a player is responsible for like 5 things. (Bubble, Outside pitch, Gap, Coverage in Zone and Man etc.)

Just look at how he moves. It like he is running in quick sand. These are the REAL situations he will be in but WAYYY faster player. This is the guy we're trying to take at LB over Bonnito and Joyner.

[HUDL]video/3/4798022/5952af82b534343538005937[/HUDL]

Last edited:

Check the date. It not 1992. LB gotta cover effectively and move well laterally in space.
Not to mention, as much time as Manny loves to put LB on the slot so you better have LB who is quick and can play in space.
People are just looking at this big slow 6'3 kid making 5'5 RB good backwards and think he is Miami caliber.

We need Hybrid LB (which is basically fast versatile LB ie: Jermaine Grace) because Manny puts a lot of stress responsibility on the LB. That is when a player is responsible for like 5 things. (Bubble, Outside pitch, Gap, Coverage in Zone and Man etc.)

Just look at how he moves. It like he is running in quick sand. These are the REAL situations he will be in but WAYYY faster player.

You're being hypocritical af though. Joyner is just as slow as miller and you're begging for him to come here. Joyners entire tape is him rushing the passer.

Just look at how he moves. It like he is running in quick sand. These are the REAL situations he will be in but WAYYY faster player.

You're being hypocritical af though. Joyner is just as slow as miller and you're begging for him to come here. Joyners entire tape is him rushing the passer.

Joyner is WAY faster then him. This Miller guy wouldn't even be athletic enough to be a speed rusher. I want Bonnito more then Joyner but I'd like both. If we only take one I rather have Bonnito long and athletic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back