Patrick Joyner DE

SA Cane

Sophomore
Banned
Any chance we place Joyner at DE with our lack of numbers at that position??
Jackson
Garvin
Jackson
Patchan
Rousseau

Plus we are going to load up at LB in 2019
Shaq probably going pro
Pinkney
McCloud
Steed
Wilder
Jennings
Pierre
Brooks
Plus 2 more

He has good size good frame makes sense to me

Advertisement
According to Diaz, he will be playing LB but will be used in packages that will allow him to rush the QB as a DE. Diaz loves these type of Hybrid athletes. I think Sam Brooks will be in a similar type of role as well. Clearly Diaz has a type.

I do too Reg, she's called Charlize Theron.

The numbers on the DL are shockingly low, we may have to take as many as 8 in 2019.

Jackson
Garvin
Jackson
Patchan
Rousseau

Shaq probably going pro
Pinkney
McCloud
Steed
Wilder
Jennings
Pierre
Brooks
Plus 2 more

We should for sure this year, good size 6’3 220 an can provide some of what trent Harris did at the spot but I think he may be a better talent though. He was way underranked but had big time offers and the tape was great as well

Advertisement
We should for sure this year, good size 6’3 220 an can provide some of what trent Harris did at the spot but I think he may be a better talent though. He was way underranked but had big time offers and the tape was great as well
Diaz knew what the numbers were going to be this year at DE (icluding DJ transferring) when he recruited Patrick at LB. Yet, he still recruited and sold Joyner on playing LB. We purposefully only recruited 1 LB this cycle, in which they turned away other LB's, including the likes of Xavier Peters. I can't see them being that strategic only to move Joyner to a different position.

Diaz knew what the numbers were going to be this year at DE (icluding DJ transferring) when he recruited Patrick at LB. Yet, he still recruited and sold Joyner on playing LB. We purposefully only recruited 1 LB this cycle, in which they turned away other LB's, including the likes of Xavier Peters. I can't see them being that strategic only to move Joyner to a different position.

It’s all about alignment, he technically still can be an outside linebacker and line up on the edge as an edge rusher in certain formations of the defense

It’s all about alignment, he technically still can be an outside linebacker and line up on the edge as an edge rusher in certain formations of the defense
I literally mentioned that in my first post. Using him in certain packages as an edge rusher is not the same a switching him to DE.

Advertisement
Joyner is another hybrid (DE/LB) player.. But his main spot I think will be LB, he definitely has the tools needed to be a LB here for our Canes..

Last edited:
Health of active players will likely determine his position for this year.

I literally mentioned that in my first post. Using him in certain packages as an edge rusher is not the same a switching him to DE.
Whatever, he’s a ball player regardless whether we work him at linebacker or de. Personally I think His skill set is better for an olb/ de honestly

Willis Ford Bethel Nesta Miller and DJack will determine how great 2018 defense performs. Our DEs LBs and DBs are interchangeable depending on opponents offensive schemes. We can play 4-3, 4-2-5; and 3-4.

Advertisement
Whatever, he’s a ball player regardless whether we work him at linebacker or de. Personally I think His skill set is better for an olb/ de honestly

Seriously, how many times are you going to disagree to agree in the same thread? Being the board know it all is getting old.

Seriously, how many times are you going to disagree to agree in the same thread? Being the board know it all is getting old.
Its not that deep honestly.... it’s an opinion at the end of the day. I don’t give a sh*t about being a, “ know it all”. Have never been one of those type of people so you can stop with that bullsh*t

According to Diaz, he will be playing LB but will be used in packages that will allow him to rush the QB as a DE. Diaz loves these type of Hybrid athletes. I think Sam Brooks will be in a similar type of role as well. Clearly Diaz has a type.

Tall, dark, and handsome?

Advertisement
Its not that deep honestly.... it’s an opinion at the end of the day. I don’t give a sh*t about being a, “ know it all”. Have never been one of those type of people so you can stop with that bullsh*t

10-4 17422. Keep it up. There is life outside message boards...

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

He needs the reps at LB. Playing DE in high school has him behind the learning curve, so i wouldn't move him unless absolutely necessary.

Let him rush from time to time but get that boy some true LB reps.

Jackson
Garvin
Jackson
Patchan
Rousseau

Shaq probably going pro
Pinkney
McCloud
Steed
Wilder
Jennings
Pierre
Brooks
Plus 2 more

he has been told he's an LB. who knows if he grows into that role, maybe wilder could too. we are scary thin at DE next year because
its very very likely JJ is leaving early.

Advertisement
Back