Patke talks striker competition, updates returner battle on special teams

View as article
As for the Kick=off and Punt Returners, no Harley please. Why have we not heard from Tae Williams. That was his special gift in HS.

When we were dominant we were NCAA leaders in every phase of the game. We placed big time returnees on special teams - Santana Moss, Devin Hester, Roscoe Parrish.

We have these type game-changers on our roster, our coaches have not recognized the talent on our team to get this done or worse we can't coach special teams.

Advertisement
Title should read “Heavily Promoted Admin Assistant Talks About Positions He Isn’t Qualified to Coach...”

Or something like that.

I would replace McCloud with Huff in that line up but also have another version where LBers like McCloud and Patrick Joyner can shift into a hybrid lber/de position to line up in a hybrid 4-2-5 / 3-3-5 look with Miller at NT and Phillips (or Roche) and Nesta on the ends.
Interesting. Personally I don't care for the 3 man front for obvious reasons. Unless of course you want to be able to be multiple/flexible with the ability to disguise your defense. In that case I'm not opposed to showing a 3 man front then bringing Joyner or Carter down to create a 40 front.

Still, with the excellent depth we have on the DL I don't see the need to get too cute. The DL is the strength of the entire team so use it. My speed package would be as follows.....

Harvey Phillips Silvera Roche

Carter Frierson

Blades Hall Bolden Couch Ivey

Just creating the above lineup was agonizing. We just have so many great options right now. The following could also be integrated/substituted into the above lineup.....

Jason Blisset
Elijah Roberts
Chanz Williams
Quinton Williams
Cameron Williams
Avery Huff
Sam Brooks
Zach McCloud
Keontra Smith
Avantae Williams
Christian Williams

This is the speed package I've alluded to recently with Carter at LB.

DE NT DE

LB LB ST

NB CB FS SS CB

Harvey Phillips Roche

Carter McCloud Frierson

Couch Blades Bolden Hall Ivey
that 3-3-5 mess would never hold up against the run, even against spread teams.... see West Virginia for an example or any team Rich Rodriguez has ever coached!

Advertisement

DE NT DE

LB LB ST

NB CB FS SS CB

Harvey Phillips Roche

Carter McCloud Frierson

This is lovely but we're better off having Blades just play both CB slots and allowing Ivey to focus on his education and burgeoning Jai-Alai career.

DE NT DE

LB LB ST

NB CB FS SS CB

Harvey Phillips Roche

Carter McCloud Frierson

Nice of Baker to use my speed package against UAB. Helped us hold them to 3/15 conversions.

DL Roche | Hunte | Phillips

LB Carter | Brooks | Frierson

DB Couch | Blades | Ivey | Hall | Bolden

Nice of Baker to use my speed package against UAB. Helped us hold them to 3/15 conversions.

DL Roche | Hunte | Phillips

LB Carter | Brooks | Frierson

DB Couch | Blades | Ivey | Hall | Bolden
I’m glad he replaced McCloud with brooks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back