Patke mouth breathers

Advertisement
Please tell me again how this guy is some genius head coach who knows his x and o’s, special teams has been a joke for two years. I could be coaching Hedley and the Borreagles and they would be putting up the same numbers.
FWIW I thought our punting team did good tonight. But special teams has been a joke around here, for even longer than 2 years. At some point the players were practically coaching themselves.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I may have missed it but I really don’t remember people liking patke.
Plenty of posters been on here crediting him with the success of Lou and Jose Borregales, even claiming Jose won the Lou Groza award because of him. Plenty of claims of what a masterful X and O’s guy he is and the outstanding job he’s done with strikers. Only issue everyone seemed to agree on is his lack of recruiting.

Advertisement
Some did defend Patke. Dude has no business coaching here but neither does his boss so it's a moot point.
I’m sure he’s an ok coach.. elsewhere. Culture wise & coaching wise, he brings ZERO to the table. People hated Baker but he’s done well at LSU. Right fit. Patke needs to go back to being a quality control guy at UTEP.

Patke bites and Justice has a ton to prove with how the OL played tonight. Manny needs to hire a DC.

Other than that I personally put the bulk of the problem on talent. We’re G5 at LB, mediocre at WR and DE, and inconsistent and spotty in multiple other spots.

Advertisement
Easy whipping boy unfortunately. Not Patkes fault he lucked into having three elite special teamers during his tenure (Borregales brothers and Hedley) that are practically saving his job. And that 100 yard TD KO return I have to put some blame on the players. Maybe they didnt get the scouting report that buddy was a 10.2 100M sprinter because our guys were jogging like they knew they could catch him then when they found out they couldnt it was too late. Smh.

All this said, IF Manny finds a way to make it out of this season alive, he needs to move on from Patke.. We have seen enough. He needs to be the next person on the chopping block. Or just send him to Utah State to join Bandas D staff if you dont want to just totally throw him in the trash.

Advertisement
Back