Patke discusses progress of LB's, special teams this spring

View as article
Advertisement
Because You hyped dude up like he was going to be this sideline to sideline beast

he’s a DE still trying to figure out how to play LB At this point
He’s dealt with injuries & has had to play behind the trusted vets...

Wtf do you want from me? I don’t coach at Miami.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. The same thing was said about the older guys last year. Knowing what to do and executing are two completely different things. In games, at times, they didn't always look like they knew what to do or were too slow at figuring it out and most importantly were too slow to make the play where it needed to be made.

We need LBs out there that can make plays. The older guys may make less mistakes, but I think the younger guys will make a lot more plays. By making plays, I mean tackles for 3 yards or less.
The staff places the premium on lining up correctly, that’s literally all they care about.

They don’t care if the LB missed his assignment or just flat out can’t make a play at all, as long as they line up correctly pre-snap that’s all Manny wants from them.

Advertisement
The staff places the premium on lining up correctly, that’s literally all they care about.

They don’t care if the LB missed his assignment or just flat out can’t make a play at all, as long as they line up correctly pre-snap that’s all Manny wants from them.

LINEBACKER / STRIKER
(Photo: Miami athletics)

Gilbert Frierson: 414 snaps
Bradley Jennings Jr.: 355 snaps
Zach McCloud: 323 snaps
Sam Brooks: 286 snaps
Keontra Smith: 150 snaps
Corey Flagg: 85 snaps
Waynmon Steed: 75 snaps
Tirek Austin-Cave: eight snaps
Avery Huff: five snaps

Advertisement