Path Forward-How not to suck

BS85

D before E
Premium
I don't do post game write-ups because I'm too lazy and lots of others already do this. However, I have enough hate in my heart to power through writing this. I have tons of **** I want to say so I'm just going to focus on what MUST happen for this program to get back to respectability.

Manny must move on from his defensive "philosophy". It clearly doesn't ******* work. The d-ends lose contain by design (******* dumb), the delayed blitzes never work, and the lack of man coverage leads to easy completions. The d-line doesn't hold up o-lineman so the linebackers, who already suck ***, get blocked out of the play leaving the safeties to clean everything up.

Obviously, Baker getting fired is part of this. The entire d staff outside the old guy MUST go. No more amateur hour bull****. Get some proven d-coordinator with a normal philosophy who focuses on crazy **** like tackling and not getting gashed for 550 rushing yards.

QUIT PLAYING OLD ****** PLAYERS. This is the single worst thing this staff does. You've got TAC, you've got Flagg, you've got Huff....and we keep rolling out Jennings and McCloud? It's pure insanity. McCloud is the worst linebacker I've ever seen. It's comical how bad he is yet the coaches won't just sit his *** down even though there's talent behind him. It affects the games, it hurts recruiting, it hurts depth, and it just doesn't make sense. Manny and the entire staph need to quit with this ****.

This includes the offense. Rivers, Keyshawn, and the other freshmen receivers have all looked good yet they roll out Scaife and Wiggins (worst receiver I've ever seen at Miami) now matter how bad they look.

The coaches need to truly play the best available player. That earns the team's respect and let's them know you aren't playing favorites.

Accountability and toughness- this one ties to what I just talked about. If a player ***** up bad, there should be consequences. Carter has 400 targeting calls or personal fouls yet the coaches have never taken him out, even for a single play, because if it. He needs to get his *** handed to him on the sideline. That teaches accountability.

If you play like dog**** (McCloud, Jennings, Wiggins, Scaife, Bolden, etc), you get pulled for a few series. I'd you continue to suck, you don't get to play anymore.

Smiling after a loss- if a player does this, he gets punched in the face by Jaelen Philips. These kids are way too soft. I'm sure having ****** coaches (on defense) who put you out of position sucks, but have some ******* pride and don't give up in the first quarter. Watching that game today literally made me sick. The "culture" of the players still isn't where it needs to be. I, at times, want to blame gen z or even the S. Florida culture but I think this giving up attitude isn't the fault of the kids. I believe it stems from the favoritism and ****** coaching/scheme which was addressed earlier. I mean, if you are always put at a disadvantage schematically or never get to play no matter how well you do, that has to wear on you over time.

Roster Management
The recruiting (hoping to God the class stays together) has improved but the main issue is roster management. Manny needs to keep sufficient players numbers within each position group. Cornerback is the most glaring issue here obviously.

Manny needs to be humbled
He thinks he's some sort of football savant. Well guess what Manny, you're analytics and defensive philosophy don't ******* work. You're not smart or experienced enough to do anything in this league without bringing in a real philosophy with real coaches (not the current high school squad), and using all the help you can get (recruit the 5 star players who actively reach out to you!!!).

The end

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't do post game write-ups because I'm too lazy and lots of others already do this. However, I have enough hate in my heart to power through writing this. I have tons of **** I want to say so I'm just going to focus on what MUST happen for this program to get back to respectability.

Manny must move on from his defensive "philosophy". It clearly doesn't ******* work. The d-ends lose contain by design (******* dumb), the delayed blitzes never work, and the lack of man coverage leads to easy completions. The d-line doesn't hold up o-lineman so the linebackers, who already suck ***, get blocked out of the play leaving the safeties to clean everything up.

Obviously, Baker getting fired is part of this. The entire d staff outside the old guy MUST go. No more amateur hour bull****. Get some proven d-coordinator with a normal philosophy who focuses on crazy **** like tackling and not getting gashed for 550 rushing yards.

QUIT PLAYING OLD ****** PLAYERS. This is the single worst thing this staff does. You've got TAC, you've got Flagg, you've got Huff....and we keep rolling out Jennings and McCloud? It's pure insanity. McCloud is the worst linebacker I've ever seen. It's comical how bad he is yet the coaches won't just sit his *** down even though there's talent behind him. It affects the games, it hurts recruiting, it hurts depth, and it just doesn't make sense. Manny and the entire staph need to quit with this ****.

This includes the offense. Rivers, Keyshawn, and the other freshmen receivers have all looked good yet they roll out Scaife and Wiggins (worst receiver I've ever seen at Miami) now matter how bad they look.

The coaches need to truly play the best available player. That earns the team's respect and let's them know you aren't playing favorites.

Accountability and toughness- this one ties to what I just talked about. If a player ***** up bad, there should be consequences. Carter has 400 targeting calls or personal fouls yet the coaches have never taken him out, even for a single play, because if it. He needs to get his *** handed to him on the sideline. That teaches accountability.

If you play like dog**** (McCloud, Jennings, Wiggins, Scaife, Bolden, etc), you get pulled for a few series. I'd you continue to suck, you don't get to play anymore.

Smiling after a loss- if a player does this, he gets punched in the face by Jaelen Philips. These kids are way too soft. I'm sure having ****** coaches (on defense) who put you out of position sucks, but have some ******* pride and don't give up in the first quarter. Watching that game today literally made me sick. The "culture" of the players still isn't where it needs to be. I, at times, want to blame gen z or even the S. Florida culture but I think this giving up attitude isn't the fault of the kids. I believe it stems from the favoritism and ****** coaching/scheme which was addressed earlier. I mean, if you are always put at a disadvantage schematically or never get to play no matter how well you do, that has to wear on you over time.

Roster Management
The recruiting (hoping to God the class stays together) has improved but the main issue is roster management. Manny needs to keep sufficient players numbers within each position group. Cornerback is the most glaring issue here obviously.

Manny needs to be humbled
He thinks he's some sort of football savant. Well guess what Manny, you're analytics and defensive philosophy don't ******* work. You're not smart or experienced enough to do anything in this league without bringing in a real philosophy with real coaches (not the current high school squad), and using all the help you can get (recruit the 5 star players who actively reach out to you!!!).

The end
And 😂 at “punched in the face by Jaelen Phillips”. I died bro.

Advertisement
I know we’re cooked with this defensive staff but troutman and Tyler Johnson are fired up lunatic competitors. Those guys would’ve been cracking skulls tonight. We need to dump the dead weight.

Dead weight includes: nesta Jennings McCloud carter Pope Wiggins cam scaife gaynor Ford. I would include Ivey but even his garbage *** is safe because we have no one else

I know we’re cooked with this defensive staff but troutman and Tyler Johnson are fired up lunatic competitors. Those guys would’ve been cracking skulls tonight. We need to dump the dead weight.

Dead weight includes: nesta Jennings McCloud carter Pope Wiggins cam scaife gaynor Ford. I would include Ivey but even his garbage *** is safe because we have no one else
Get rid of Manny recruited and developed players for more Manny recruited players. Got it.

Advertisement

**** it dump Ivey. Go hit the portal for CB’s.

I actually think it's pretty cut and dry.

Manny will use this to continue to improve as a HEAD coach, use this as a learning experience, and bring in a few new coaches on the defense, especially ones that will have a bigger impact in recruiting.

He could bring in guys that will add new ideas and adaptations to what he has established, and use his knowledge to identify the best hires...or he will think that the Clemson and UNC drubbings are somehow unrelated to scheme and personnel, keep the same sycophants, not improve, and eventually get fired.

From Wikipedia

"In 2011, Swinney led the Tigers to a 10–3 record that included an ACC Championship, the Tigers' first since 1991. They earned a trip to the Orange Bowl, their first major-bowl appearance since the 1981 national championship season. During a pre-game ESPN interview prior to the 2012 Orange Bowl, Swinney said, "Hopefully when this thing is over, people are going to be talking about the Clemson defense." The comment proved to be prescient as #15 Clemson would go on to lose to the #23 West Virginia Mountaineers, 70–33, conceding an all-time record number of points scored in a quarter (35), half (49) and game (70) in the 109-year history of bowl games. Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele was fired after the game."

Let me know when Baker is fired and I might be willing to believe again

Advertisement
From Wikipedia

"In 2011, Swinney led the Tigers to a 10–3 record that included an ACC Championship, the Tigers' first since 1991. They earned a trip to the Orange Bowl, their first major-bowl appearance since the 1981 national championship season. During a pre-game ESPN interview prior to the 2012 Orange Bowl, Swinney said, "Hopefully when this thing is over, people are going to be talking about the Clemson defense." The comment proved to be prescient as #15 Clemson would go on to lose to the #23 West Virginia Mountaineers, 70–33, conceding an all-time record number of points scored in a quarter (35), half (49) and game (70) in the 109-year history of bowl games. Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele was fired after the game."

This this and this

From Wikipedia

Legit Baker has to go but Brooklyn’s right about this. It won’t matter if Manny is going to keep his scheme and control of it. It only changes if we get a legit independent DC who runs his own scheme his way.

If the class falls apart 3 days before most are supposed to sign because of one game........it was never together to begin with.
I disagree with this. I hope to God it stays together obviously, but that was an eye opening loss.

Advertisement
Back