Pate hits the Nail on the Head

407cane

All-ACC
I think people see made up stuff on twitter and it turns into a game of telephone and all of a sudden fans of every team assume that players their team doesn't land got offered a magical 7 figure bag. Most players are getting something but businesses require a ROI and outside of QB, there's no position on the team worth nearly what people are quoting on here

We have the ability to do that, but mario is winning this class due to his recruiting accumen, not because we're paying more

Advertisement
I think people see made up stuff on twitter and it turns into a game of telephone and all of a sudden fans of every team assume that players their team doesn't land got offered a magical 7 figure bag. Most players are getting something but businesses require a ROI and outside of QB, there's no position on the team worth nearly what people are quoting on here

We have the ability to do that, but mario is winning this class due to his recruiting accumen, not because we're paying more

Like bags, NIL is a fan’s boogeyman ie an excuse/rationalization for a program’s failure(s) in recruiting. Look no further than Rashada and UF fans.

He said big programs aren’t doing it. N/A to us.

Advertisement
Innis’ comment

Attachments

• 975860BC-7886-4D63-A353-FE4ED497B514.png
    975860BC-7886-4D63-A353-FE4ED497B514.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 702
I said when this first came up that if am elite is offering money, we had better be prepared to offer more. Same for other schools trying to come up. The elites have a history of getting young man to the next level so their dollars weigh more.

I like him, but this screamed Ohio State called crying and asked him to do that rant. he’s basically saying go to a Ohio St for less money and get developed or go to a miami and get paid and take a risk. no coincidence this comes out after the Ohio st stuff. Innis’s comment is basically agreeing with him which isn’t great for us.

Advertisement
I like him, but this screamed Ohio State called crying and asked him to do that rant. he’s basically saying go to a Ohio St for less money and get developed or go to a miami and get paid and take a risk. no coincidence this comes out after the Ohio st stuff. Innis’s comment is basically agreeing with him which isn’t great for us.
I don’t think pate would just run a piece cause OSU asked him to nor do I think OSU would ask him to do so cause of some rumor that they don’t have strong bags. Even if they did what pate said wouldn’t be wrong, Pate stays taking Ws

I don’t think pate would just run a piece cause OSU asked him to nor do I think OSU would ask him to do so cause of some rumor that they don’t have strong bags. Even if they did what pate said wouldn’t be wrong, Pate stays taking Ws
Mario literally called him and asked him to go on a rant about the talent was the issue at Miami not coaching and he did it lol he even said on air Mario called him. You’re giving him too much credit. You think it’s a coincidence that tweet got on Innis radar that fast____its literally the argument Ohio state is selling to him on why to choose them over Miami. Come on man.

He’s full of ****….this whole “developing players” narrative is a correlation to consistently recruiting a hugely disproportionate amount of the top players. OSU/GA/ALA aren’t turning three stars into first rounders, they just happen to land 50 out of the top 100 kids every year, and those guys end up going to the NFL.

Advertisement
Innis’ comment

Why not both? For real, there's no reason schools can't do both and if they've convinced a kid to choose, and the kid believes them, then the kid has been bamboozled.

"Hi, I'm a massive institution with ungodly amounts of money. I want no risk and all the reward for you to come to my school because you may make it into the NFL! And they'll pay you! That's your prize".

That's what they've been telling these kids for decades and the reason NIL was so liberating. And Innis is parroting that. Shame on him. Guys get hurt. Guys have families. Things happen that shatter the NFL dream. It's no guarantee.

I think the NIL stuff needs to be reigned in but this take is a bad one.

He’s full of ****….this whole “developing players” narrative is a correlation to consistently recruiting a hugely disproportionate amount of the top players. OSU/GA/ALA aren’t turning three stars into first rounders, they just happen to land 50 out of the top 100 kids every year, and those guys end up going to the NFL.
does OSU recruit WRs elite: yes
is OSU’s WR development top notch: yes

Ppl actually think these programs handing 6/7 figures to kids out of HS

Advertisement
I’m a fan of Pate’s in general, but this is definitely him building up some good graces with top programs. He has relationships he wants to maintain, and being on those programs’ **** list isn’t good for business

Advertisement
Back