Patchan to the portal

It’s the best decision for HIM if he wants to start and play extensively. It’s selfish for fans wanting him to waste his last year of eligibility being a 4th dend in the rotation. Put yourselves in his shoes probably knowing this is his last opportunity being a 6th year senior and you would probably do it to
Brock, agreed. Unfortunately at the end of the day it’s a business, and a business decision for Patchan. If he truly feels behind better players here at Miami along the DL and realizes he won’t play much at all why not go somewhere you can gain additional reps at DE? Wished he would’ve stayed to help the younger DE’s out but Roche and Philips along with GR15 can do that. It will be shown how good of a teacher Stroud is with us having to now play the younger kids. I think we’ll end up being ok, and fielding one of the more dominant DL’s this year in college football. So, best of luck to Scott and his family as they venture into a new journey.

Advertisement
He made the best move for himself, no problem with that.

No need to take reps away from the younger guys when it's been proven that his ceiling has been capped.
And I totally get your point. But his playing time is totally on the corches, I just don’t think in his case the hatred is warranted, he’s not the one determining his playing time. I’m glad for him making the decision to move on, wish all the best.

Advertisement
He didn’t quit. He’s been here for 5 years and has his degree. How can you knock a kid that’s been through multiple ACL surgeries and wants to be a full time starter in his last season instead of behind the top 2 returning DEs in the nation
You must be new here, we trash everyone on the the roster. Then the kid leaves and people seem to have liked him all along.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Timing of this is Whats off. Where can he even play springball to get adjusted to his new team?

And I totally get your point. But his playing time is totally on the corches, I just don’t think in his case the hatred is warranted, he’s not the one determining his playing time. I’m glad for him making the decision to move on, wish all the best.
It's not hatred, no one hates Patchan, people just aren't going to be bent out of shape that he's moving on because it's clear he's maxed out & it's necessary we get the younger guys valuable reps.

Patch is a good dude, but it's best for both parties that he moved on.

Advertisement
Why is this a big deal?
Did he not suk?
GR15 can rest easy now and play full time.
Am I doing this right?

It’s beneficial for him and our team , he can go to a team who need a starter level D end , and we can can some of them young talented guys some more playing time like Harvey and Cam Williams, instead of him taking most of the minutes and no more worrying about if Roche is going to be the starter at the start of the season.

Advertisement
Back