Patchan to the portal

Respectfully West end zone, Patch did everything asked of him for 5 years...he was granted a 6th year (and rightfully so) if he's ever to play in the NFL he needs to play FT and show what he can do. In Scott's particular case..it's best for him to be selfish at this time..he sure wasn't when they asked him yo play TE a couple years ago.
Disagree. It’s about the NFL then his best shot is staying here and showing his best with maybe some NFL guys on the roster. Selflessness does not credit you an opportunity to be selfish later. That is called entitlement.

Advertisement
It’s not good news.
No matter how you spin it.
Its not a great decision for him either.

This is not a huge blow but it’s not a good thing all around.
It’s the best decision for HIM if he wants to start and play extensively. It’s selfish for fans wanting him to waste his last year of eligibility being a 4th dend in the rotation. Put yourselves in his shoes probably knowing this is his last opportunity being a 6th year senior and you would probably do it to

Advertisement
Draftable numbers? I don’t know about all of that. He has a better chance of doing that elsewhere as a starter compared to being the 4th dend this year at best

Maybe, I just think he would have gotten plenty of meaningful snaps this year, even behind GR15 and Phillips/Roche. He would have been first off the bench as a strongside DE at least, and could even shift inside on passing downs. I guess I just think what he brings to the table elsewhere he could have brought here as a 6th year senior. And when I say "draftable" I don't mean 1st day. IMO Patchan is what he is - a 5th-6th round NFL talent and think he'd be that whether he rotates in here or starts somewhere else this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know why anyone’s surprised here. Except for the “Pot heads” in the QB room, Patchan got unfairly bashed on these boards. Yes, he played the best he could, it’s the Corches who put him in there. The kid is legacy, no matter his talent/output, he’s a true Cane. I would not be surprised in the least bit, if his decision is based on the hatred towards him, if it had a 5% bearing on his decision. We’ve got to learn to appreciate and show love to these kids who choose to come to the U.

Advertisement
dont understand the obsession with patchan
It's the weirdest shìt ever lol.

But this board always gets attached too & falls in love with players that aren't very good or very productive.

All Patch woulda did was take reps away from one of the younger DE's that are far more talented than him & need the live game reps to further their development.

This was the best decision for both parties.

Maybe, I just think he would have gotten plenty of meaningful snaps this year, even behind GR15 and Phillips/Roche. He would have been first off the bench as a strongside DE at least, and could even shift inside on passing downs. I guess I just think what he brings to the table elsewhere he could have brought here as a 6th year senior. And when I say "draftable" I don't mean 1st day. IMO Patchan is what he is - a 5th-6th round NFL talent and think he'd be that whether he rotates in here or starts somewhere else this year.
Man trent Harris was much more productive his final 2 years, has more pass rushing talent as an edge defender and didn’t even get drafted so that really doesn’t bode well for patchan. By the way Harris is balling now for the dolphins

Advertisement
Back