Patchan to the portal

Advertisement
Would have solid, experienced depth at worst, I dont get this one. Maybe he's salty about bringing in Roche? Best of luck to him, would have gotten plenty of burn here.

Dave-Chappelle-Dammit.gif

Sad to see him go, but it's a smart move for him. Not just on the football field, where he can go and start at a smaller school, but in the classroom, where getting a Master's degree from a different school than you got your undergraduate is preferable in most employer's eyes.

Hope he balls wherever he goes !!

Still happy with what we have at DE. Seems like Phillips is getting where he needs to be health wise. Well see how it goes after spring

Advertisement
Most of this board complained whenever he was on the field. He sees the writing in the wall with roche coming in. He has to go to a team where he will start and ply significant snaps if he wants to play in the nfl. Sucks to lose depth but completely understand his reasoning. Let the young guys begin to step up and get experience.

He didn’t quit. He’s been here for 5 years and has his degree. How can you knock a kid that’s been through multiple ACL surgeries and wants to be a full time starter in his last season instead of behind the top 2 returning DEs in the nation

You made a post about not standing for Marshall Few hate the other day and that's kind of how I feel about this guy. No one on this roster worked harder or overcame more for this school than this guy.

Advertisement
I’m ok with this. I think there’s enough depth and Patchan was not a regular starter. Good luck to him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
this is a good development, yes he’s an older player and will be missed in that aspect but this allows for us to build depth as we could have several de departures for the draft after next year let’s be real. That de rotation going to be crazy

Rousseau
Phillips
Roche
Harvey
Chantz Williams
Quentin Williams
Cam Williams

This shouldn't be a surprised for a guy who will be playing his last season in college football wanting to go START somewhere. He isn't dumb. He knows that his playing time is now behind GR15, Roche, Phillips, and probably Harvey. At his next stop he will be a FT starter on the DL. For HIS career this was the right thing for him to do.

Advertisement
Back