Patchan Played too much?

Advertisement
I think we were giving out 10th year senior some burn out of respect. I believe Hill will get much more burn after he gets back in shape and 15 will demand more PT

I thought he should’ve been pulled out a little more for Greg and Hill. He wasn’t doing great at pass rushing as time went on. Not saying he shouldn’t start just think he was gassed and needed a blow or two to recover to be more explosive.

No, I think he is better against the run and the idea was to make Franks beat us with his arm (think how Pitt did to Rosier in 2017). Big pass rush, he avoids sacks and kills us on the ground. Patchan shored up run, spy kept him in pocket so he'd HAVE to throw. Franks is a terrible, terrible qb, so you could count on him to throw passes with a good chance of getting picked. The defense mostly did its job gave us extra possessions, held them to FGs , and was playing great until Blades f#cked it up. Scoreboard is misleading in terms of defense giving up points. At least 14 points came off special teams blunders. Fooled on 4th and 6. Inexcusable. Followed by TD. Bad tackles by D, but they should have been off the field. Stop the fake, Miami gets ball on the UF's 30 with chance to be up 10-0 before UF's 2nd possession.

Botched punt return also inexcusable. Berrios returned punts and kicks, not Thomas, last year because the one thing you NEVER had to worry about was a lapse in concentration. I'll trade an explosive returner for one who makes good decisions and has sure hands.

Advertisement
Patchan was being pushed around like a rag doll. Ninja looked like we was on "Skates" the whole night for real.. Good lawd.!!
At one point, i thought i was was watching Genesis - "Joe Montana"lol,,, he was literally gliding out there fellas..
Meanwhile, top talent such as- T Hill and Greg R are licking their paws on the bench ... "QUE PENA"..

Interesting question my dude. Patchan seems to be more of a reliable non firework guy against the run. Not a pass rush monster like Hill. It'll be fun to see what happens

No, I think he is better against the run and the idea was to make Franks beat us with his arm (think how Pitt did to Rosier in 2017). Big pass rush, he avoids sacks and kills us on the ground. Patchan shored up run, spy kept him in pocket so he'd HAVE to throw. Franks is a terrible, terrible qb, so you could count on him to throw passes with a good chance of getting picked. The defense mostly did its job gave us extra possessions, held them to FGs , and was playing great until Blades f#cked it up. Scoreboard is misleading in terms of defense giving up points. At least 14 points came off special teams blunders. Fooled on 4th and 6. Inexcusable. Followed by TD. Bad tackles by D, but they should have been off the field. Stop the fake, Miami gets ball on the UF's 30 with chance to be up 10-0 before UF's 2nd possession.

Botched punt return also inexcusable. Berrios returned punts and kicks, not Thomas, last year because the one thing you NEVER had to worry about was a lapse in concentration. I'll trade an explosive returner for one who makes good decisions and has sure hands.
I've never been a fan of catching the ball inside the 10, let that **** go. You're going to have bad field position if it doesn't go into the endzone anyway.

I've never been a fan of catching the ball inside the 10, let that **** go. You're going to have bad field position if it doesn't go into the endzone anyway.
That used to be the rule — let it go inside the 10. I learned that **** back in pop warner.

Advertisement
I think we were giving out 10th year senior some burn out of respect. I believe Hill will get much more burn after he gets back in shape and 15 will demand more PT
so now we make fun of Canes who redshirt? Really? He is 5th year

Patchan was being pushed around like a rag doll. Ninja looked like we was on "Skates" the whole night for real.. Good lawd.!!
At one point, i thought i was was watching Genesis - "Joe Montana"lol,,, he was literally gliding out there fellas..
Meanwhile, top talent such as- T Hill and Greg R are licking their paws on the bench ... "QUE PENA"..
I must have watched a different game. We just held UF to 52 yards rushing using just the front 4 (the lbs were conspicuous by their absence) and Patchen graded out the highest of all DL. :youre-nuts:

I believe that you are stupid. Change the coarse of a game just to give one player playing time? Haven't seen the grades but unofficially he graded out among the highest.

Advertisement
I thought he should’ve been pulled out a little more for Greg and Hill. He wasn’t doing great at pass rushing as time went on. Not saying he shouldn’t start just think he was gassed and needed a blow or two to recover to be more explosive.
There were a few guys playing that should have been pulled and some that never should have seen the field. If these things continue to happen during the season, I will start to question what the coach is doing. It's like we're going down the road of stroking egos or protecting sensitive feelings. Manny need to man up in this area of coaching if this keeps up.

I know he blew a couple plays, definitely on a 4 down they converted.

I assume coaches wanted him in there because they aimed at stopping the run as their first priority? Otherwise was it to reward the hardest-working guy from the off-season? I don’t know.

I just want Hill and Rousseau on the field more.

Advertisement
I like Scott's story and effort but he should be playing behind Hill & Rousseau. Put your dogs out there and give them a rest as needed.

Did the DT transfer from UCLA do anything?

I like Scott's story and effort but he should be playing behind Hill & Rousseau. Put your dogs out there and give them a rest as needed.

Did the DT transfer from UCLA do anything?
I saw him and Ford dancing with the stars. They were engaged with Ol and couldn't detach. Either they were being grabbed and held or we are teaching the same scheme as DoNoD.

It seemed like the defensive gameplan was too stop the run and force Franks to beat us with his arm. I think that's why we saw Garvin spy with 3 rushers, instead of blitzing UF like crazy and leaving our DBs on a island. They smelled blood and attacked our OTs. We say back and let Franks find the open man. UF also kept TEs, RBs, WRs in the help block. UF gameplanned better than us.

Dont think patch played a bad game (he debuted the TO chain after getting a FF). Just dont think he was put in position to do much.

Advertisement
Back