Pat White claims Bama offered him a Corvette

My niece played volleyball at WVU. She used to laugh and say it's so strange how these Florida football players always show up at school with new cars with WV plates.

Bama wasn't the only school giving their players cars.....

Advertisement
Hey, the gator and criminoles don't give out cars--- they just give "Get out Jail Free" cards.

Bamas star RB posts pics with his brand new 2014 Challenger and Pat White comments about being offered a Corvette. But lets give Miami the death penalty for giving Dyron Dye a pop tart. God bless the NCAA.

My niece played volleyball at WVU. She used to laugh and say it's so strange how these Florida football players always show up at school with new cars with WV plates.

Bama wasn't the only school giving their players cars.....

Of course not... Just about every major program looks out for their athletes...

Advertisement
hate to be "that guy" but when miami was on top of the world in 2001 about half the team was driving escalades ... it isn't always the school, either. a lot of the time it is agents.

No they weren't. Sorry bub.

i'll admit, the "half the team" comment was an exaggeration, but if you were there, you would know it was more than 5, joecane.

I was there and knew several players and I don't even think it was 5 and a few of them had family money.

Okay well let's start with the fact that Jarrett Payton and Kellen Winslow Jr's father's both were NFL HOF'ers so you know they had money. Antrel Rolle and Sean Taylor's father's are Police Chief's.

You know it is possible for college kid's parents to have money and buy them nice things. Just sayin ...

hate to be "that guy" but when miami was on top of the world in 2001 about half the team was driving escalades ... it isn't always the school, either. a lot of the time it is agents.

No they weren't. Sorry bub.

i'll admit, the "half the team" comment was an exaggeration, but if you were there, you would know it was more than 5, joecane.

I was there and knew several players and I don't even think it was 5 and a few of them had family money.

Okay well let's start with the fact that Jarrett Payton and Kellen Winslow Jr's father's both were NFL HOF'ers so you know they had money. Antrel Rolle and Sean Taylor's father's are Police Chief's.

You know it is possible for college kid's parents to have money and buy them nice things. Just sayin ...

I think both sides are right to an extent. Not every kid comes from a family that lives below the poverty line. Also, while schools do cheat, agents are a big problem as well. I can't speak as to what UM players were driving, but I always remember that comment alex9015 made when people were saying that we were clean and he mentioned that quite a few of our kids were riding around in nice rides. Between boosters that want to make their own impact and shark like agents I'm not sure how any program could be clean.

Advertisement
should have took the vette pat....saben would have made you a Wr you would still be in the league

My niece played volleyball at WVU. She used to laugh and say it's so strange how these Florida football players always show up at school with new cars with WV plates. Bama wasn't the only school giving their players cars.....

My cousin played WR for WVU I can remember Noel, Jarrett, few others and my cousin all got fat *** student loans. They took the loans got chargers, BMWs and so on. The dealerships around town would look out for them. Everyone gets WV plates up there my cousin was from VA with WV plates.

Advertisement
I remember Jacory riding around in a Chrysler Crossfire. Worst car ever.

Swagg

131.jpg

we can agree on: a 19 or 20 year old kid who shows how good he is at that age already has a steady stream of agents jockeying for his services.

This is a really solid point. I saw the movie The Dotted Line last night on Netflix, and it talks about this issue. I recommend that to anyone along with Schooled.

One former agent talks about how it is such a competitive business that for agents to get clients, they have to pay them.

Advertisement
Back