Pat Forde on Golden

These guys like Golden... they don't like Miami.

This is truth. They don't just love him though, they respect him. Even Tom Lemming was praising Miami when we hired him.

Beano Cook is still trying to roll his fat *** over in his grave though.

Advertisement
Lots of programs make the same claims that we do whether they are justified in doing so or not but remember we're not every team - we're Miami. I'm sure you know our history going back to at least the early 80s.

Let me just make a general statement that even when we were in the title hunt almost every year in the late eighties and early nineties - meaning we were winning big - the media villianized and scandalized us. And please do not forget that many of the media "darlings" who appear to be warming to our current success are the same a$$ clowns who were calling for us to get the death penalty at the start of Nevingate.

U go to every forums on any sports team, and its the same thing the media hates them. Thats when there losing.

The one thing I do remeber recently is the sanctions, they did look like they wanted to hurt the program but when we win they lick our sack. In 2010 they were all over us until the Taint game. I agree they have to report the news negative or positive but most of them probably grew up hating UM but not all of them they are just doing there jobs. As soon as Saban leaves bama and something negative comes out they will go hard after them they do it to anyone there not prejudice to anyone, as a giants fan back in the day I would be on there forums and they claimed the same thing but when we were winning superbowls they gave us credit and the negative publicity stopped. Now there in full force because of the NY media market. UM goes through the same **** its a huge market alot of people love UM believe or not.

Last edited:
"Atlantic Coast Conference coach of the midyear: Al Golden, Miami. He’s spent 2 ½ seasons laboring under the looming cloud of an NCAA investigation – always an enjoyable way to work. But the reward for stoic perseverance is this potential breakthrough season. The Hurricanes are 5-0 for the first time since 2004 heading into a Thursday night game at North Carolina, and could be headed for a momentous two weekends in November: at Florida State on Nov. 2 and hosting Virginia Tech on Nov. 9. The long ACC wait for an impact season from the 'Canes may finally be at hand."

330.gif

One of the most epic gifs ever.

Advertisement
Back