Pat Fitzgerald/Northwestern implosion

Lol. What’s wrong with these “woke” kids these days who don’t want their genitalia fondled and don’t like to be fake gang raped by other players? Back in the day players were tough enough to handle a little sexual assault.
Nate and a bunch of others would've been charged with Murder in this type of scenario. @Brooklyndee ....you can't make this sh*t up. Dee, imagine them trying this crap back in the day....Lol

Advertisement
Nate and a bunch of others would've been charged with Murder in this type of scenario. @Brooklyndee ....you can't make this sh*t up. Dee, imagine them trying this crap back in the day....Lol
Exactly. That kind of **** should never be happening on any team ever. There’s a difference between building bonds and sexual assault

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

Northwestern vibes

I read that crap & just stayed quiet. You see a bigger picture of all the things wrong with society. They call this **** hazing & I call this **** a bunch of boogers who found an excuse to fondle each other's balls...

Advertisement
I just don’t get it. I’ve never understood the mentality, or reasoning, behind hazing. So let me get this straight, by replaying the Marsellus Wallace scene from Pulp Fiction(look it up) in front of the entire team that’s supposed to somehow bring us all “closer together?” This is truly disturbing stuff.

I do miss UM shaving the freshman’s heads bald back in the day but once these kids started growing their dreads long as **** in high school I had a feeling we would lose some premier recruits over it. Travis Benjamin wasn’t going to go crazy bald head to play college football!

Advertisement
Dude, I tell ya…I was going to make a joke earlier today about how this is what UM needs…a total bull**** joke, but the response to your post is what I expected.

You have to understand (not sure how old you are), that some of the tactics our coaches took when I played to motivate those that were like Pyle in Full Metal Jacket, couldn’t be handled by younger generations that are so woke they can’t see straight. They would want to call DHR if their high school coach cussed at them like we got.

All of that said, this was over the top bull**** if this is what was going on. If nothing else, the staff had to know going in how **** like this would be received.

For better or for worse, we are in softer times where more people are medicated and can’t handle “motivation” tactics like this or even real discipline. This **** is ridiculous and old fraternity to me, no real coaching staff these days could think this is a good idea.
Hey man, it's 2023, if you want to engage in homosexual acts with your buddies have at it.

Personally I've nipped those attempts at hazing in the bud whenever I've come across them. I'll play for your team, but I'm not subjecting myself to humiliation - that doesn't build camaraderie, it builds resentment.

I usually like most people from Chicago but Northwestern alumni tend to be arrogant pricks in the mold of Wilbon. They'll try to sweep this under the rug because they're never going to do better than Fitzgerald there but it'll definitely expose what hypocrites they are.

As far as Fitzgerald, ain't gonna feel sorry for him at all. He got a little too full of himself and this is just indicative of it. Dude basically made it seem like the Bears job is his whenever he feels like taking it and now he's going to be lucky just to keep his college gig.
This right here.........most people seem to forget that he's had 9 or more losses in the 3 of his last 4 years as well

Wether it was proven he knew and condoned this hazing or not as the head coach he should know what is happening within his team and should be dismissed.

Advertisement
That's just *** people on their team making up fake excuses so they can sexually harass and touch each other
This. In the 2000s, a few of my football player acquaintances from different schools were weirdly obsessed with“letting the team hit it” mentality. While that would be celebrated for the entire month of June in these times, it was clearly incognito sexually depraved behavior pushed by both the closeted and the barbaric.

With all that said, a 2-week suspension and a salaciously written article shouldn’t be the basis to kill a program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This. In the 2000s, a few of my football player acquaintances felon different schools were weirdly obsessed with the “letting the team hit it mentality.” While that would be celebrated for the entire month of June in these times, it was clearly incognito sexually depraved behavior pushed by both the closeted and the barbaric.

With all that said, a 2-week suspension and a salaciously written article shouldn’t be the basis to kill a program.
That's 100% what it is they think they can cover it up.by saying it's just hazing, but like you said they just looking for a reason to touch each other in that sexual way

Hey man, it's 2023, if you want to engage in homosexual acts with your buddies have at it.

Personally I've nipped those attempts at hazing in the bud whenever I've come across them. I'll play for your team, but I'm not subjecting myself to humiliation - that doesn't build camaraderie, it builds resentment.
Do you need acceptance on a message board this bad?

What part of "All of that said, this was over the top bull**** if this is what was going on. If nothing else, the staff had to know going in how **** like this would be received."

Thank you for stepping up, with 2-3 others, and proving my earlier point though. Nobody was condoning the sick ****, but certain people sit back with an itchy trigger finger ready to read what they want to read and play holier than thou.

I was simply making a point to the poster I WAS RESPONDING TO that he was going to be attacked for daring to post what he did. Now it has turned into homophobic shots against homosexual football teams or some bull****..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Back