Pat Bethel getting that weight up

Advertisement
I like it. Upper body wise he looks massive in a good way. I don't know his legs are looking though. Hopefully he could switch to the inside and be a solid 280-285. Long gone are the days of our guys looking like a bloated mess.

Advertisement
Given his bodyweight and the 315 x 20 rep results, I calculate his max squat at 525lbs. These results kinda splash some cold water on the theory that he ain't a DT.

What say you, Cribby? :quagfinal:

You see the ball in between his legs? he's supposed to touch that on his squat. those are deep reps

Bethel, Jackson working out together. Both appear to have added some weight. Hmmmm......

Advertisement
Given his bodyweight and the 315 x 20 rep results, I calculate his max squat at 525lbs. These results kinda splash some cold water on the theory that he ain't a DT.

So a guy doing squats has the DT *********ers creaming their pants? I saw pics of Ahmon doing squats , guess he's moving too.

I see Bethel topping out at 270-275, possible playing inside pass downs . I don't see him ever carrying anything more or being a full time DT.

Eventually bring used like Chad.

Advertisement
Dude is at least 270 and only getting bigger. 15 more pounds and he'll be McIntosh.

Never really know what a guy's body will do and how he'll gain weight, but Mcintosh has a bigger frame and more wingspan. While Bethel may end up a DT, he'd be different than Mcintosh.

Advertisement
Remember Pat Bethel is still a FR so he has time to grow. Not only that, he's got TWENTY MONTHS to put on weight. We ain't needing him to truly contribute at DT until 2018.

Asking him to put on 15-20lbs on a 260lb frame isn't like asking DJ Johnson to put on 40 on his 240lb frame. It's not like it hasn't been done millions of times in human history.

So a guy doing squats has the DT *********ers creaming their pants? I saw pics of Ahmon doing squats , guess he's moving too.

I see Bethel topping out at 270-275, possible playing inside pass downs . I don't see him ever carrying anything more or being a full time DT.

I'd have to wait and see on that quite honestly. If he's 260 now, then you're right - no way he's going to be used inside on a daily basis. Just means he'll be used in the SDE role and on the inside in obvious passing down situations. Still though, at least he's developing physically.

I'd have to wait and see on that quite honestly. If he's 260 now, then you're right - no way he's going to be used inside on a daily basis. Just means he'll be used in the SDE role and on the inside in obvious passing down situations. Still though, at least he's developing physically.

Doesn't need to be on a daily basis; only a weekly basis.

Advertisement
Back