Pass Rush vs ND

Not a huge fan of line stunts vs heavy run teams can leave huge running lanes.

we have to stay disciplined in our rush because their qb can break contain and hurt you with his legs. I watched some of the Ga game and noticed they were content keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to make reads and plays with his arm . They did send occasional pressure and mixed it up on him but it wasn't just send the house on him. I was not that impressed with his throwing ability. He is like a quicker and more athletic Josh Jackson.

Salt, buddy, old pal let's rethink that last sentence for a second there, There's no way in **** I'm going to agree with that statement simply because UGA actually blitzed more than just here and there, basically every other play was a blitz that either rushed Wimbush or force him to buy more time with his feet and try to make something happen. Jackson is simply much faster but there is a reason why he looked slower to you and that's due credit to our defense, he was under constant pressure on the sides whenever he snapped the ball, and when he tried to climb the pocket he would get hit in the mouth by Norton or a LBer hence why his whole uni was green by end of the 2nd QTR.

Jackson is not faster than Wimbush. You are way off on that, trust me. Wimbush is much faster and a much better runner than Jackson.

I don't trust you or your judgement and you're definitely wrong. Go watch tapes and do comparison, The only difference here is that ND's OL is way better than VT and that's maybe why you think Wimbush is faster... again he is not.

Look at tapes at how wimbush beats angles. Wimbush ran an 11.25 100m in HS. Not sure if JJ ran track but I'm fairly sure he did not get that time.

Advertisement
we have to stay disciplined in our rush because their qb can break contain and hurt you with his legs. I watched some of the Ga game and noticed they were content keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to make reads and plays with his arm . They did send occasional pressure and mixed it up on him but it wasn't just send the house on him. I was not that impressed with his throwing ability. He is like a quicker and more athletic Josh Jackson.

Salt, buddy, old pal let's rethink that last sentence for a second there, There's no way in **** I'm going to agree with that statement simply because UGA actually blitzed more than just here and there, basically every other play was a blitz that either rushed Wimbush or force him to buy more time with his feet and try to make something happen. Jackson is simply much faster but there is a reason why he looked slower to you and that's due credit to our defense, he was under constant pressure on the sides whenever he snapped the ball, and when he tried to climb the pocket he would get hit in the mouth by Norton or a LBer hence why his whole uni was green by end of the 2nd QTR.

Jackson is not faster than Wimbush. You are way off on that, trust me. Wimbush is much faster and a much better runner than Jackson.

I don't trust you or your judgement and you're definitely wrong. Go watch tapes and do comparison, The only difference here is that ND's OL is way better than VT and that's maybe why you think Wimbush is faster... again he is not.

again watching the Ga game there was a red zone play that Winbush ran wide on an rpo and was perfectly defended. He simply beat the cornerback who had him the entire time to the pylon for a score. That is all that I needed to find out about his foot speed.

I'll leave it at this; I know exactly what play you are referring to and that doesn't make your case any stronger than before, the defense got caught on their heels because they thought it was a bootleg/zone-read, He **** near fell by himself once he saw and read( late )the CB that he was good to run for it. If you really want to know whose faster and how ineffective he (Winbush) is at passing the ball go watch the highlights of all their games. You'll get a better understanding and realize that he is not as fast as VT's QB. Heck Eric Dungey is a bit slower than Winbush but has a better arm and escapability, look back at his karate kick highlights on Redwine for reference.

again watching the Ga game there was a red zone play that Winbush ran wide on an rpo and was perfectly defended. He simply beat the cornerback who had him the entire time to the pylon for a score. That is all that I needed to find out about his foot speed.

I'll leave it at this; I know exactly what play you are referring to and that doesn't make your case any stronger than before, the defense got caught on their heels because they thought it was a bootleg/zone-read, He **** near fell by himself once he saw and read( late )the CB that he was good to run for it. If you really want to know whose faster and how ineffective he (Winbush) is at passing the ball go watch the highlights of all their games. You'll get a better understanding and realize that he is not as fast as VT's QB. Heck Eric Dungey is a bit slower than Winbush but has a better arm and escapability, look back at his karate kick highlights on Redwine for reference.

Your post shows you know nothing about Wimbush.. he has a cannon for arm check ( check hs highlight on YouTube longest throw ever) his touch and accuracy has held him back plus a lot of drops but that has been improving weekly.. secondly he don’t rush for 13 TDs In little over half season by accident he has wheels and is elusive. By next yr Wimbush will be a top Heisman candidate.

Your post shows you know nothing about Wimbush.. he has a cannon for arm check ( check hs highlight on YouTube longest throw ever) his touch and accuracy has held him back plus a lot of drops but that has been improving weekly.. secondly he don’t rush for 13 TDs In little over half season by accident he has wheels and is elusive. By next yr Wimbush will be a top Heisman candidate.

I wonder why vegas made ND only a field goal favorite? You’d think they should be minus a touchdown or more.

Advertisement

lol I don't go back that far, who cares of what he did in HS, I care of what he's doing now and that's not much to impress me, fact of the matter of is since you all want to bring up the track aspect onto a QB convo is that most track players don't translate well onto the field, he is hella talented not taking away from that but he's not faster than Jackson. Maybe he stop throwing inaccurate passes and stops thinking so much maybe he might get faster, enter Erick Dungey. But you're going to blow that off too since you want to place Winbush on a pedestal and come on here if, BIG IF!and tell Miami fans that ND beats us because Wimbush and you told us so.

Advertisement
Back