Advertisement
Advertisement
Sounds like a wonderful plan....

Injured
Unknown
Not yet healthy
Potential put no burn/solid backup

"Incredibly average RB" room
After 2 years out with multiple setbacks we have fans counting on a guy who is still wearing an industrial strength knee brace for NON-contact workouts. Even after recent comments on him by our most trusted insider

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Respectfully unless we have some ****ed up #metoo info on some coach can we all stop bringing up Coleman when discussing the spring transfer portal? That was the rarest of incidents and not indicative of the type of talent you find after spring.

Carry on….
Fair to critique the addition of Coleman in there but, I’ll add Bear Alexander, Tez Walker, Jordan Addison, Chop Robinson, and Akheem Mesidor over the past two spring portals as “that type of talent”, with a number of other serviceable and effective players certainly slightly above or well above Parrish’s skill level, which is the point of the post.

Incredibly average RB. Citizen coming on + young RB + portal RB likely being added meant he likely wouldn’t have seen many snaps
Extremely fair assessment. Doesn't do anything "bad" per se, but excels at nothing. We aren't looking to be average. Seen enough of that. This is just growing pains as we go from average to excellent (I hope).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Depth is not the issue here - we're deeper at RB now than we were most of the 2010's.

Talent is the issue. How good are our Top 1 or 2 RB's? That's what we should we concerned with. Not if we go 3 deep or 6 deep.

I hear ya, unfortunately that’s not how it goes with other options in the room & allocated funds. You get another RB while keeping Parrish for one more year, then what? Risk losing high end talent like CJJ or Fletch leaving? Or better yet, Parrish doesn’t play & takes up X amount of money we could’ve used elsewhere. Welcome to salary cap era in CFB.
Sounds a lot like the fears and approach we took to addressing the QB room last spring which worked out disastrous. Now we’re talking about a position which is much more demanding where multiple guys get burn. Let’s hope it works out for us

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Advertisement
Little different considering the circumstance. No elite WR was signing up to play with the QB room we had, Ward playing hopscotch deaded a lot of good options we were talking to. That will be taking care of soon. As for RB? You know what you got protecting you & playing in front of you. These kids know what Miami’s OL brings to the table for them.
Little Lou??

barack obama GIF

Parrish overall played well given his average skillset. I think staff would have liked to keep him. But I know they want some bigger backs.

Maybe the freshman is a beast?
That's my thought. IDK cause I'm not there, but maybe he don't feel like he's gonna get as much burn as he would like to get. Maybe he knew that we were going to attack the portal looking for a RB anyways, and decided to haul ***. :noidea:

Parrish was a K.Smith special. He didn’t want to leave and was phased out after that UNC fumble at the 1 yard line. He had 5 carries the next 5 games (including zero in our two biggest games vs Noles and Clemson). Don’t overthink it, Miami has a guy lined up & I believe it’s school who has been good to us with transfers… that’s all I’ll say.
NO PARRISH IS THE BIGGEST LOSS OF THE SEASON WE HAVE NO PLAN

Advertisement
Back