Parrish to the portal

Advertisement
As I speculated on RB transfers on 2/17:

Talking strictly RB's - Fletcher, CJ, Lyle CWH aren't going anywhere.

Parrish - I'd think the coaches already know what they have in Parrish. But if the coaches want to get younger guys more playing time, I wouldn't be surprised is Parrish transfers somewhere he can be a feature RB vs taking a step back in playing time here.

This transfer just makes sense. Parrish wants more carries as a Senior, coaches want more carries available for more dynamic playmakers.

Advertisement
Kid wasn't all world but he gave us more than the backs we had. I'm curious about the logic behind this, why enter now and not before the last transfer period. Makes sense to join another team to get in spring practices, followed by summer workouts and fall, but return to Ole Miss? Some back channeling must have been going on there. Hoping he saw the writing on the wall with some of the competition he was facing, but a couple of years back he came to Miami with a RB room that was already crowded i thought, so that's doubtful.

Advertisement
I've been off the football board for a while so sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I saw on twitter that the guy from caneville mentioned there'd be a number of portal additions and some that us fans wouldn't be happy about. Any idea who?

Advertisement
I think they're going to try to find another RB1/RB2 in the portal. Should look something like:

1. Fletcher
2. Portal
3. Citizen
4. CJ/Allen

According to some people the foot surgery Fletcher have normally can take one year to heal properly. Let's see, Citizen status will be decided on the spring. Besides that, I like Allen but the rest are basically true or redshirt freshman's. Maybe 2 portals RB are not out of the question for me with one being a quality starting caliber one. It will cost a lot$.

Advertisement
Parrish was a K.Smith special. He didn’t want to leave and was phased out after that UNC fumble at the 1 yard line. He had 5 carries the next 5 games (including zero in our two biggest games vs Noles and Clemson). Don’t overthink it, Miami has a guy lined up & I believe it’s school who has been good to us with transfers… that’s all I’ll say.

Ya’ll are saying “yeah just get a portal guy” like it’s just a sure thing we can find a top back in there. It will more than likely be another JAG ala Allen. Parrish was easily our best back in a very thin room. We don’t know anything about Citizen and we won’t know ish about Fletcher either with the way this school operates with injuries.
I'm assuming they're "tampering" already with someone they know will come ala Ward? Just a guess. Players from other programs talk.

Advertisement
Back