Parrish: Date with Destiny?

We the Boss

You're a disease
Dade Icon Henry Parrish Jr. May have a date with the record books next week.

Check the scenario, if Deerfield beats Vero, Columbus would be matched up against Deerfield next week.

This would pit a great running back against one of the most poorly coached defenses in the state. Assuming Parrish isn’t pulled midway thru the second quarter after his 4th rushing TD, he has a very good shot at setting the Florida single game rushing records for both yards and TDs.

What a great way to go out in his senior year!

Advertisement

Check the scenario, if Deerfield beats Vero, Columbus would be matched up against Deerfield next week.

This would pit a great running back against one of the most poorly coached defenses in the state. Assuming Parrish isn’t pulled midway thru the second quarter after his 4th rushing TD, he has a very good shot at setting the Florida single game rushing records for both yards and TDs.

Why wasn’t he more highly recruited?? Size ?

Advertisement
Ivins made a notable comment on the 5rings podcast about Parrish and Knighton. Parish is very good at a lot of things but not great at anything while Knighton may not be good at everything but he has elite quickness and elite speed.

Knighton translates better to the next level than Parrish. Both should have successful careers but it's a reason why one is more heavily recruited than the other.

Advertisement
Ivins made a notable comment on the 5rings podcast about Parrish and Knighton. Parish is very good at a lot of things but not great at anything while Knighton may not be good at everything but he has elite quickness and elite speed.

Knighton translates better to the next level than Parrish. Both should have successful careers but it's a reason why one is more heavily recruited than the other.

What is he saying Knighton isn't good at? Other than being 190ish. Knighton looks pretty **** good at everything I've seen?

Last edited:

This post is chess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The one thing I asked early on about Parrish...And then I understand why it became moot, because the kid just kept going off and setting records in Dade. He'd probably be insulted now...And maybe the staff did ask last winter.

But the way he's built, I woulda asked him long ago what he thought of the cornerback position. The worst he could do is say "no thanks, I'm a running back" (this may have happened, no idea)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back