Parking for Gameday on Campus

fxd5122

Just Win Baby!
Does anyone know how this will work or should I just take the Metro Rail into Campus?

Thanks in advance for info.

Advertisement
I'd personally take Metrorail if at all possible. Parking is never easy these days, and Gameday will make it a zoo.

Does anyone know how this will work or should I just take the Metro Rail into Campus?

It's a Saturday morning so the campus parking garage on Ponce should be mostly empty - decent walk from there to the UC but you will definitely have a parking spot. Across the street from the Ponce garage there is public parking under the Metrorail - easy backup if the garage is somehow closed.

On the back side of campus there is a lot of parking near Memorial building and the Physics building that shouldn't have any cars in them.

Again, because it's a Saturday, I don't think parking will be an issue unless you are trying park in the middle of campus.

I just reached out to someone in the University about this very thing. I will update if/when I get an answer on it.

It's a Saturday morning so the campus parking garage on Ponce should be mostly empty - decent walk from there to the UC but you will definitely have a parking spot. Across the street from the Ponce garage there is public parking under the Metrorail - easy backup if the garage is somehow closed.

On the back side of campus there is a lot of parking near Memorial building and the Physics building that shouldn't have any cars in them.

Again, because it's a Saturday, I don't think parking will be an issue unless you are trying park in the middle of campus.

Does anyone know where Gameday will be taking place? I haven't been inside campus in a couple of years so my memory is a little bad. I will be going with the family and want to plan ahead.

Advertisement

Does anyone know where Gameday will be taking place? I haven't been inside campus in a couple of years so my memory is a little bad. I will be going with the family and want to plan ahead.

I am assuming it will be The Rock in the middle of campus where The U statue is near the library. There is a lot of grass behind that area and easy for them to bring in the set with the traffic circle right there.

I am assuming it will be The Rock in the middle of campus where The U statue is near the library. There is a lot of grass behind that area and easy for them to bring in the set with the traffic circle right there.

^This. Only two real options are at the UC between the bookstore/library or at the UC by the lake (adjacent to the pool). UC-lake would be a fantastic visual of the campus, but has limited space to work with. UC-bookstore/library has open grass and lots of space to work with.

UC/bookstore area was used by ABC/NBC during one of the presidential debates and worked quite well. Would be surprised if they chose anywhere else.

I just called Customer Service.. they haven't announced officially but she said they think it will be by the Student Center and the Fountain.

she said they don't tow on the weekends so all parking is fair game

Advertisement
I'd personally take Metrorail if at all possible. Parking is never easy these days, and Gameday will make it a zoo.

For some reason I didn't put two and two together & realize this was, of course, on Saturday. Even though it's on the "far" side of campus from where Gameday is likely to be, I agree with the folks on here who have suggested parking behind Cox/Knight/Unger or even over behind the comm school/Memorial/Whitten/Panhell. The garages over near US 1 are much more likely to fill early, IMO.

It'll be by where the old Rat was in the UC. Where that ****** Wiz Khalifa concert was 6 years back. The U logo spot out front it legit but you can't pass up the Lake Osceola view with the new student center and new Rat behind it. For the record idk wtf I'm talking about but that's where I'd put it

Ponce Middle School is a good option too.

Also, someone please make a Jerry Faust fathead.

Advertisement
I just called Customer Service.. they haven't announced officially but she said they think it will be by the Student Center and the Fountain.

she said they don't tow on the weekends so all parking is fair game

Yep. Pretty much ALL campus lots are open on weekends, so just ignore the permit signs (they say the hours/days they check for permits anyways).

Parking shouldn't be much of an issue, though you might have to walk a little. There's a big lot next to Doctors Hospital that is normally empty on weekends.

Otherwise, you can always use one of the garages

qNiOcaZ.png

College GameDay will be broadcast live on ESPN from 9 a.m. to noon. The main stage will be set up on the north end of the patio, between the Donna E. Shalala Student Center and the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

The event is free and open to the public. Fans may begin arriving to the "Pit" area in front of the stage on a first come, first serve basis at 5 a.m. The Pit opens at 6:30 a.m. In addition, there will be overflow viewing areas around Lake Osceola and the Rock Plaza. Attendees can park at the Merrick and Pavia Garages, which are best accessed off Stanford Drive. Both garages will open at 5 a.m.

Fans who attend the live broadcast should expect to follow the ESPN "Pit Rules."

• Fans may arrive early to begin lining up for access to the pit at 5 a.m., with the Pit opening at approximately 6:30 a.m.
• Fans entering the pit will be screened and wanded by security.
• No bags, backpacks or purses permitted in the pit.
• No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage).
• No signs or flags on a stick/pole, etc.
• No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards.
• No food or drinks.
• Throwing of objects is prohibited.

[TWEET]928283576684118016[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back