Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Spoken like someone who has absolutely 0 insight into the workings of Wall Street. People mess up in every single job in the world. If you replaced the Wall Street workers with the guys from your company the **** ups would drastically increase. You really think some average Joe is going to be able to do a better job than people who have been at the top of their class from kindergarten all the way through whatever Ivy League school they went to? You think people get paid 9 figures because they are idiots and anyone could do it?

I worked on Wall Street. I now have my own company. The Wall Street guys aren’t as smart as you think. They have capital and they fill a demand / need in the market, so some of them make a lot of money. Most of them don’t.

They certainly think they’re the smartest guys in the room, though.

Advertisement
No. I got your sarcasm. I was just pointing out how flawed the logic was.

No, I never said they were lazy and or dumb. Just on average they are far dumber than the guys on the street. That doesn't make them dumb. I am dumber than Einstein, but that doesn't mean I am dumb.

I will answer that question with another question. Imagine this scenario. John is given a full ride to Harvard. Instead he turns it down because he thinks his time will be better spent sitting in the subway on a mat begging for money. By chance someone wanders by and gives him a lottery ticket. The lotto ticket ends up being a mega millions winner. This scenario worked out well for John. Does this mean John made a smart decision? Does this mean other HS students should start turning down full rides to college to beg in the subway in hopes of getting a winning lotto ticket? Just because you know a few outliers doesn't make the major any wiser a choice.

Saying "you will not end up making a good salary if you choose English as your major" is not an opinion it is a fact. If you want me to change it to "you have a .00000000000000000000001% chance of being successful if you choose English as your major" so be it. You would not change my opinion or get me further from my original stance. I only hope more people read this and take this warning when their children go to college. I would HATE to see parents waste 200k on their children to go be English or History majors.

You are correct and that is exactly what I implied. I never said wall street has the top .01% iq level people working in it. Of course there are smart people in other jobs. As stated before, doctors, scientists, engineers, inventors, entrepreneurs are also highly intelligent. However, the largest group of highly intelligent people on the planet is on wall street. That is a fact. It is a lot more exclusive than you think it is. You are beyond delusional if you think some random "hard working" middle class citizen has the brains to compete on the street. Anyone could apply for the jobs. The "psycho bouncer" exists for a reason. If some imbecile took a job on the street they could cost the company hundreds of millions in a day. There are literally hundreds of very smart individuals that apply every day for these type of jobs, but get denied. But ya of course. Some high school english teacher would be able to do it. Some guys are making 200+ million dollars a year. Do you really think if it wasn't one of the hardest jobs in the world that more people would not be trying to land these positions?

1.) https://news.efinancialcareers.com/...te-majors-investment-banking-jobs-wall-street

2.) https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/employees-intelligence-highest-iqs.html/

Okay I am on the bring Braun to Miami train he could end up becoming an Oline coach if the NFL doesn't workout. He could be a leader on the oline.

Not to mention he needs to work on pass pro, coming from GA Tech where there never passed. Butch Barry being known as a coaching technician would be a great option for Braun.

GT vs VT after game

Go Canes

Advertisement
So if you were at a job for a few years and put in all the work to be promoted, then when that time comes they hire someone else, wouldn’t you look for a better opportunity? Yeah that’s what I thought. You’re a clown.

You guys can make all the excuses you want for Tate Martell. Truth is, he ran from competition. The sad part is that he ran from a guy that has to learn the offense. The same offense he has spent two years in. Yet, he wanted no parts of battling fields.

The fact that Ohio State wanted fields should be proof that Tate Martell is not as good as you guys think he is.

Advertisement
You guys can make all the excuses you want for Tate Martell. Truth is, he ran from competition. The sad part is that he ran from a guy that has to learn the offense. The same offense he has spent two years in. Yet, he wanted no parts of battling fields.

The fact that Ohio State wanted fields should be proof that Tate Martell is not as good as you guys think he is.

I'm not making any excuses for him...I'm just glad he's not a Tainter anymore and I want him to excel at UM.

All things being equal, I wish Allison would have stuck around...just not the world we live in anymore.

So, you still missed the whole tongue-in-cheek portion of the proceedings. I even told you it was a joke, and you still chose not to get it. You might be great "on the street," but you're terrible with language. Which is fine... but, by being that dense, you're kind of hurting the whole "street guys are genetically superior beings" take. ;)

Okay - "low earners" are not imbeciles, just lazy and/or dumb. That's practically a compliment. Just curious - What if someone is given a full ride to a tier 1 school, chooses a useless major but ends up earning +500k? (I know a few that fit) Is he/she an imbecile uniformed/naive? This kid (and any other that ultimately ends up majoring in something useless) might be independently wealthy, might want to go to law school (or get some other professional degree) or just does not agree with your "major in stem/finance/accounting or you're a waste because you'll never be a 'high earner'" opinion. Crazy, huh?

All I'm saying is that your opinion on what a useless degree is, and why that degree might be useless, is just that - an opinion. And, in my opinion, a rather misguided one at that. I'm fairly certain - given an adequate grasp of the English language coupled with certain critical thinking skills... things one obtains while earning a useless degree - if I continued this discourse I could keep moving you further and further away from your, truly imbecilic, original stance. After all, it only took 3 messages to get you to budge, but I think I'm done. For real this time.

"...does not mean they are smart enough to do it." - by that same (terribly flawed) logic, it doesn't mean they aren't "smart enough" either. There are plenty of people that "work hard and are highly intelligent" who don't work on the street. That is a straight up fact. Equally meaningless, but a fact nonetheless. If those are the only entrance requirements, I don't think your club is nearly as exclusive as you want it to be (it's just got a couple of psycho bouncers keeping most people from even walking up).
I am lazy as all **** thx to stock options and an amazing money manager. My broker barely went to college, but he understands the market, and has been working on the street for over 30 years. When he retires i don't know what to do as the young pups scare me.

Hey, you made your point. Thanks.

Or, Ohio state found a QB they though fit their system better, and weren’t able to get when they had the opportunity the year before, and got him. That pretty much put the writing on the wall, so, knowing he wouldn’t get much of an opportunity to start, he looked for a better situation, as we all would

Advertisement

886A3EFE-F473-466A-9C75-7678B13A1587.gif

I'm not making any excuses for him...I'm just glad he's not a Tainter anymore and I want him to excel at UM.

All things being equal, I wish Allison would have stuck around...just not the world we live in anymore.

Okay. Look, I don't have anything against Tate Martell. However, he did run from competition. I don't have a problem with him being at the University of Miami.

Or, Ohio state found a QB they though fit their system better, and weren’t able to get when they had the opportunity the year before, and got him. That pretty much put the writing on the wall, so, knowing he wouldn’t get much of an opportunity to start, he looked for a better situation, as we all would

You do not know that to be the truth. Tate Martell did what he had to do. Yes, he ran from competition. I don't have anything against Tate Martell. I think he was overhyped coming out of high school. I hope Miami provides him with a real purpose. A purpose that he needs to earn everything he gets. If he becomes the starting quarterback at the University of Miami, I will support him 100%.

Advertisement
Braun brothers visiting UF this weekend. Come on Manny reach out!!

I saw that article as well.
https://insidethegators.com/s/1179/all-acc-grad-transfer-to-see-florida

In terms of football coaching that will prepare him for the NFL Miami offers more opportunity with Butch Barry having coached in the NFL for 5 year.

As for his brother Joshua Parker 4* 2020 OT is a flipping man child. My goodness he is only a high school junior in this video from last summer.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back