Parker Braun 2016 OL from Kissimmee as a UM Recruit

Paranos

All-ACC
Parker Braun 2016 OL from Kissimmee, FL a high priority lineman for UM and his father visit UM today for UM's player BBQ recruiting event. They took a detour to Versailles Bakery on the way to campus, picking up guava pastelito and cafe con leche. They got to Greentree in time to watch some of practice and for a recruit barbecue, remaining at UM until 4:30 this afternoon when they headed over to South Beach for some more flavor of the area. Braun reminds me a lot of Jared Wheeler. Hopefully Miami can reel him in at a position of need. His recruitment is starting to really take off, so it will be interesting to see where this young man will attend college given his pedigree.

2016 OL Parker Braun's Jr year Season Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2629601/highlights/161591375/v2

Go Canes

Here are 2016 OL Parker Braun Spring game highlights from 2014
[video=youtube;1a-5szWTTfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a-5szWTTfU[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-ucf-duke-get-offer-ball-rolling-for-osceola-ol-parker-braun-20150120-post.html

UCF, Duke get offer ball rolling for Osceola 2016 OL Parker Braun
Kissimmee Osceola offensive tackle Parker Braun had a few college football scholarship offers under his belt. Liberty and Army had been the first ones on board for the 6-foot-4, 275-pound Braun.

Tuesday, however, started what will likely be a snowball effect for Braun, who was offered scholarships by UCF and Duke.

"It feels good because my options have sort of been realized ... just the opportunities that I have," said Braun, one of the top offensive line prospects in the state for the Class of 2016, although he seems to be quite a bit under the radar.

"I try not to pay attention to that kind of thing," said Braun, who has a simple, matter-of-fact philosophy on most things. "I just work hard and what happens, happens."

What will happen in the near future will be numerous offers. He has the bloodlines and he's shown he can perform, helping lead a mostly run-oriented squad to the state semifinals and finals in each of the past two seasons.

His father, Mike Braun II, who is Osceola's offensive line coach, played at West Point, and his mother Karen was a starter on the Army basketball team. His brother Trey (Mike III) Braun (6-5, 295) is the starting left guard for Georgia Tech's football team, and the biggest of the Braun offspring will likely turn out to be seventh-grader Joshua Braun, who is currently 6-foot-4, 300 pounds.

Watching what his older brother has gone through has certainly helped Parker. "Just watching him go through it you realize how quickly it seems to go." Parker Braun said. "I remember the day he signed and it was sort of like a snap of the fingers and he had graduated."

But that doesn't mean he'll be following him as a Yellow Jacket. "I really like the school. It's a beautiful campus and a great facility ... I just don't really want to be an engineer," Braun laughed. "I'm also not too fond of large cities."

Which is why the UCF offer and playing in Orlando might be a big selling point for the Knights. He has not talked to UCF coaches as of yet, with the offer coming through his father, but UCF already sits high with him given its proximity to home.

"I like it. I've been to the campus and I've been to a game before, but I haven't really been on the inside and seen the inner-workings," Braun said. "But just the fact that it's a half an hour away is a big win for me."

And getting a Duke offer also meant a lot to the junior, who holds a 3.8 GPA, and gives him the reassurance that he can play college football at the highest of levels.

"It helps me understand that this is a real possibility for me and a good way to get a great college education," Braun said.

He has one more season ahead of him and the Kowboys will be looking to get back to that state championship game, where they were humbled a bit by Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas and it's talented defensive line 31-0 in the Class 7A state championship.

"You can play Celebration and Harmony for 15-20 games a season and never really know anything about yourself as an athlete," Braun said, "but when you go up against guys like Nicholas Bosa and the rest of that [STA] D-Line, it really helps you sort of gauge what you are doing, the areas you need to work on and where you need to get better and stronger."

Of course, he doesn't spend a lot of time watching that particular film.

"I really only watched the film once," Braun laughed. "But I can look back on it and, not laugh, but sort of chuckle at the turn of events and what happened because at a certain point you can't be mad about it. They were incredible athletes. ... I look back and learn and continue to prepare and get stronger for next season."

Last edited:
Bruan received an offer from Ohio St and something that Miami fans should be concerned with is the influence one member of the Ohio State coaching staff has already given his familiarity with the Braun family. Buckeye offensive coordinator Ed Warinner coached Parker Braun's father Mike during his time with Army in the late 1980's.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-auburn-offers-kissimmee-osceola-2016-ol-parker-braun-20150211-post.html

Auburn offers Kissimmee Osceola 2016 OL Parker Braun
Kissimmee Osceola offensive lineman Parker Braun continued to pick up recruiting momentum Tuesday with Auburn the latest to offer, according to assistant coach Ty Ensor.
lRelated UCF, Duke get offer ball rolling for Osceola 2016 OL Parker Braun

Ensor also said Braun, who now has offers from UCF, FAU, Army, Auburn, Duke, Pittsburgh and Western Michigan, will miss the spring session after having surgery on a broken hand. Braun suffered the injury during this past season, but wanted to finish out the year before addressing the issue.

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound Braun is ranked as the No. 6 player in the Sentinel's 2016 Central Florida Super60. He was a key figure in the Osceola rushing attack this past season that saw the Kowboys rush for over 3,000 yards, including nearly 1,900 yards from running back Laderrien Wilson.

Braun is the brother of Trey Braun (6-5, 294), starting left guard at Georgia Tech. Trey is heading into his redshirt senior season with the Yellow Jackets.

Osceola has a stacked crew of juniors. Wilson just received an offer from Miami on Tuesday, while defensive back Carlos Becker now has 11

Advertisement
Parker Braun 2016 OL from Kissimmee, FL a high priority lineman for UM and his father visit UM today for UM's player BBQ recruiting event. They took a detour to Versailles Bakery on the way to campus, picking up guava pastelito and cafe con leche. They got to Greentree in time to watch some of practice and for a recruit barbecue, remaining at UM until 4:30 this afternoon when they headed over to South Beach for some more flavor of the area. Braun reminds me a lot of Jared Wheeler. Hopefully Miami can reel him in at a position of need. His recruitment is starting to really take off, so it will be interesting to see where this young man will attend college given his pedigree.

2016 OL Parker Braun's Jr year Season Highlights

Go Canes

Here are 2016 OL Parker Braun Spring game highlights from 2014
[video=youtube;1a-5szWTTfU]

Oh, that Parker Braun...j/k from his recruiting page it does not list Miami as an interested school or having offered...my bad.

Advertisement
Back