Paradise Camp: Underdog Edition

View as article

Cory Grimes

Freshman
Premium
Paradise Camp: Underdog Edition
I told myself that when I crossed over to the media side of football that I would do right by the athletes. I try to do my best to place my own value on what I see rather than following blindly behind the politics of recruiting. Too many good football players get overlooked because they don’t fit a certain build or have the access to the right kind of exposure. I call it like I see it, and when I see good football, I will give credit where it’s due. These guys may not be on Miami’s recruiting board or have a big household name, but they balled out on Saturday and deserve to have their names heard. Welcome to Paradise Camp: Underdog Edition.

2019 WR Jermaine Hart

A recent transfer to McArthur High School, Hart was getting open all night. He was quick off the line defeating pressed corners with ease. He found the end zone multiple times on a couple picture perfect routes during the 1-on-1 session. After I saw him work on Saturday, I checked in on his film. It matched exactly what I saw at Paradise Camp. The guy produces. Inside, outside, down the field, across the field, you name it, Hart was doing it. He’s a quick route runner and a reliable receiver. In a brief exchange with Hart, I was told he surprisingly has no offers at the moment. “I don’t know why schools overlook me. Probably because I am not tall, but I sure play like it,” says Hart. I believe great things come in all different sizes. He’s pound for pound one of the best on the field when he’s out there. “I work every day for the things I want. I just want to go D1 and play football,” says Hart. Any school willing to give this young man a chance will be very lucky. Put some respect on Jermaine Hart’s name.

2019 WR Anthony Gangi Jr.

Gangi had eye popping quickness on Saturday. He was giving DB’s **** in 1-on-1’s. He would release so quickly off the press that he was leaving DB’s grabbing for air. Gangi is an unassuming guy. Not physically imposing by any means but when those feet start moving, he becomes a serious threat. His short area quickness was second to none on Saturday. He’s more than capable of being an effective slot receiver at the D1 level. I couldn’t find much information regarding his recruitment. However, he will be playing at St. Thomas Aquinas this fall and with a solid showing amongst a loaded roster, Gangi Jr.’s name will soon be known.

2019 S Rayne Tanega-Doster

Another STA guy, Tanega-Doster was steady in coverage all night. He wasn’t hard to miss with his Troy Polamalu-esque hair flying around. As a safety, he looked quite comfortable in 1-on-1's. He showed that he has solid footwork and doesn’t waste any movement out there. He was running stride for stride with some quicker wideouts. During 7-on-7, He did well of hovering over top and holding down the deep half of the field. He didn’t do anything that blew my mind, but he was just steady all night. I could tell he knows what he is doing and that he has been extremely well coached. According to 247Sports, he has offers from smaller D1 schools like Buffalo, Columbia and Miami (OH). It’ll be interesting to see what kind of senior year he puts together as a part of that vaunted STA defense. Whichever school gets Tanega-Doster will have them a smart football player who can anchor the back end of the defense.

For a video recap of my coverage from Saturday's camp click the link:

Advertisement
Tanega-Doster has decent size at 5-11 and 185. a year and a half ago he was at the Miami Opening in Feb. 2017 and was at Mater Academy and at the Opening was measured 5-10 and 177. Ran no 40 but did have a quick 4.31 short shuttle. Will be interesting to see what the coaching at STA and how he plays at STA this year. hitter that plays down hill well.
Rayne Tanega-Doster on Hudl

Jermaine Hart- Listed at 5-10/170. Posted an 11.33-100m this past season in track in only 2 meets he ran so quite a bit of improvement this year for improvement . He has exceptional short speed and quickness. Even though on the opposite of the ball Trajan Bandy is not that large and as a senior posted a best of 11.07 in the 100m and he has done quite well with his exceptional short speed and explosion.
His previous film from last years old last HS shows his explosion but the plays for him and QBs arm he had few opportunities for deep balls as most throws were short or bubble screens.
Jermaine Hart on Hudl

Interesting that FIU and FAU have not investigated further.

Last edited:
Tanega Doster transferred to STA to be a back up. He did perform well when i saw him at the camp

Advertisement
Appreciate a topic like this. Content on this board continues to improve *inserts Marrerro burn here*

Just think of how many MAC or FIU type players have come from SFL or all over in this mold. Cyprian, Khalil Mack, Hilton, Antonio Brown, from Dade and Mack from Fort Pierce.

Then you have guys in the league off top of my head, Kareem Hunt, Big Ben, Joe Staley, Eric Fisher, Mike Mitchell, Edelman, Willie Snead, etc, etc, etc.

So many good ball players out there, and just think, so many get drafted well before guys from our squad, other vaunted $EC, ACC, B1G schools.

Just find the players, **** one can arguably say the top 2 players to make it in the early decade from SFL both were Mario guys at FIU. Cyprian and TY.

Advertisement
Interesting article. These type players often go to smaller colleges or lesser know powers and end up in the NFL draft. Every year has their group of them. Be interesting to follow them this year and in college to see how they develop.
I will give you a thumbs up to offset that *** hole down vote .

Tanega-Doster has decent size at 5-11 and 185. a year and a half ago he was at the Miami Opening in Feb. 2017 and was at Mater Academy and at the Opening was measured 5-10 and 177. Ran no 40 but did have a quick 4.31 short shuttle. Will be interesting to see what the coaching at STA and how he plays at STA this year. hitter that plays down hill well.

Jermaine Hart- Listed at 5-10/170. Posted an 11.33-100m this past season in track in only 2 meets he ran so quite a bit of improvement this year for improvement . He has exceptional short speed and quickness. Even though on the opposite of the ball Trajan Bandy is not that large and as a senior posted a best of 11.07 in the 100m and he has done quite well with his exceptional short speed and explosion.
His previous film from last years old last HS shows his explosion but the plays for him and QBs arm he had few opportunities for deep balls as most throws were short or bubble screens.
Jermaine Hart on Hudl

Dynasty just called Butch, they got this.

Jermaine Hart on Hudl

Jermaine Hart, aka "Spyder" is the most underrated WR in South Florida. Unfortunately, last season at South Broward the focus was on running the football and the short passing game so, "Spyders" down field touches were limited. He had arguably, the best QB with one of the strongest arms of any of the QBs in Florida.

TJ SMITH'S Simulated Pro Day Workout

Now that both are at McArthur, Hart and Smith will have breakout seasons. BTW, Hart has an offer from Mississippi Valley State, was by far the best WR at UCF, NC State and Maryland camps this summer.

The competition down there is just so crazy to me. When I played HS ball I would go to some of the bigger passing scrimmages with my team at Lehigh University, Maryland, etc. The competition was always solid but the speed of the release those WR's are getting off the line is just eye popping to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back