Paradise Camp Live Updates (Saturday)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Same format in this thread as Friday's. I will update in the original post. I've been told that there is no media restrictions at all tomorrow.

Here is a quick recap of overall thoughts from today and a few things to look for tomorrow -

Just spoke to a source who said that Day 1 couldn't have gone any better, and that tomorrow will be the PREMIER day.

Obviously getting Edwards on board was huge, they wanted him to get that done before the season.

Tomorrow from 12-5, there will be a junior day type event. This will be for rising seniors and juniors, and any other prospect that they invited back.

Coaches believe that there will be about 6 7-on-7 teams worth of prospects at camp that could compete with anybody in the country...just to give you an idea of how much talent will be out there.

The camp will officially run from 7 to 9 PM, and that is when the guest coaches will be on the field with the players.

A couple of other tidbits...

I heard that it went very well with Marco Wilson today. Like I said in The Work earlier this week, and I know he's getting a lot of Florida buzz, Miami is squarely in the race here for Wilson.

Today was also very successful for Amari Carter. I believe that Miami is getting closer and closer to securing his commitment, but I'm not sure if it will happen this weekend.

The families of the Columbus prospects will be on campus all day tomorrow.

Coaches are expecting a highly competitive and intense day at camp tomorrow.

Live Updates

12:03 AM - I'm hearing that 2019 Westminster Christian Jeramy Passmore could be in line for an offer tomorrow. He's competing with the upperclassmen

11:53 AM - "Junior Day" is beginning shortly. Here is the official roster of guest coaches that I've been given.

Michael Irvin
Ray Lewis
Gino Torretta
Antrel Rolle
Phillip Buchanon
Bennie Blades
Jon Beason
Brett Romberg
Najeh Davenport
Calais Campbell
Bryant McKinnie
Jeremy Shockey

12:09 - This is interesting. Dade County product Antonio "Speedy" Howard (Former Marshall CB and now at JUCO) tells me he will compete at camp today.

12:35 - Southridge's offensive coordinator just gave me this list of his players that will be at Paradise Camp today

Shawn Davis
Daquris Wiggins
Mark Pope
Billy Gibson
Jordan Dillard
Chris McDonald (10th grader was invited back today by Banda)
Herman Jackson
So far...

12:45 - CanesInSight's Erick Marrero reports that Champagnat 2019 DE Mikel Jones was invited back after a nice performance yesterday.

A few other underclassman competing per Marrero - 2019 Chaminade-Madonna CB Te'Cory Couch and 2019 Chaminade WR Marlin Mayo

12:58 - Elite Chaminade-Madonna wide receiver Xavier Williams (2018) is on campus now for junior day. Excited to see him tonight during the camp portion.

1:20 - I'm hearing that the coaches also have a twist in store for camp tonight. They want to get into the one-on-ones early in the camp, send the prospects back upstairs to watch film on the early portion of the camp and the guest coaches are expected to be involved in this portion. Then they will go back out to the field and get back into competition.

2:05 - DB expert Quincy Casimir on Te'Cory Couch - "Depending on how much weight he puts on will easily be a 4[emoji294]&#6 5039; tall/athletic/great ball skills... Saw him in person all of yesterday."

2:28 - Warren Sapp tweets that he will be attending Paradise Camp at 5.

Antwan Collier and Bentavious Thompson on their way. They will both participate.

4:55 - A source just confirmed to me that Miami has landed a commitment that will not go public until around the season beginning.

At it just went public. OL Zalon'tae Hillery. Deejay Dallas told me his teammate wanted to wait until the season started to go public with it, but I guess it got out.

5:15 - Warren Sapp has arrived on campus.

5:45 - N'Kosi Perry (wearing #9 ) among the first group registered and out on the field
4c6a621b9b1f423d1b71ab7bcb6eccae.jpg

5:57 - Just heard that Brett Romberg gave an awesome speech to the offensive linemen right now prior to the camp starting.

5:59 - Gino Torretta in the building
545535d90b04fe641418176ccbdbe077.jpg

6:01 - RAY LEWIS

c871b4c501b6e8c628cb0736b560331c.jpg

Lewis and Mike Irvin sharing an embrace

3c0638928ce7e0d858f63d0133654bfd.jpg

Duke Johnson back again.

Guest speakers/coaches introducing themselves right now.

6:15 - Roland Smith (Miami Central HC) and Chad Wilson (!) introduced themselves as guest coaches. Chad was wearing UM gear

6:20 - They're getting loose now. Gus Felder leading them

LOL at Alex Leatherwood. What a monster. Day 1 starter here

Jerry Jeudy is participating!

CJ Henderson's parents are here now

6:24 - 2018 commit D.J Ivey participating as is FSU commit Bradley Jennings.

Leatherwood sprinting now in warmups and he looks like a top 10 pick in 3 years.

6:30 - Lightning alarm just went off at Greentree

DEVONTA SMITH HERE
9fbcc63c12a05868e402bd7d75749324.jpg

6:45 - All clear at Greentree! Back to action

Mike Irvin just delivered a speech to pump the recruits up, I'm told. Heard it was great.

Zach Dykstra out here. Hoss

7:10 - Former Miami commit in 2014, Alin Edouard, now at JUCO is competing at camp.

65019e66379892cde15dfc87faaef4bf.jpg

Edouard has nice zip on his ball

N'Kosi Perry is so slick and has a quick release.

7:26 - Gilbert Frierson (2018)

63f187dc1244d7aa641b87f1c7eb8bdb.jpg

D.J. Ivey and Al Blades, Jr. also here

7:34 - Billy Gibson working with Banda here pictured

Brian Edwards

Amari Carter

Antwan Collier (all here with safeties)

08f94de6cb4daf516d09a9b5a8c06996.jpg

7:40 - One-on-ones starting!

Deejay Dallas working with defensive backs

Jerry Jeudy is SPECIAL! Richt calls him over to shake his hand after he schools a DB.

8:13 - Perry to Jerry for a TD. Looked like they had natural chemistry - Kyle

8:16 - Marquis Hayes OL from Missouri is balling mhttps://vimeo.com/174991157

Here is Leatherwood clip

https://vimeo.com/174991222

8:18 Mark Pope is a beast. Made plays all days.

Cade Weldon has made some great throws

8:20 - Leatherwood gets beat and the end said "Alabama commit? What?!"

8:25 - Zalon'tae Hillery looks really good. Long arms and athletic build, looks like a tackle right now.

Couple great battles between him and Passmore just now.

8:30 - picture of Brad Johnson and his son Max talking to Gino Torretta

ff3b9e30f9fff7dafdf1525602e3df9d.jpg

8:55 - Ray Lewis going in!!
3abf8ed26a8703db7b0a50cddd0fe62b.jpg

Mike Irvin and D.J. Johnson have been having a lengthy conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Glad to see that the product matched the hype. Tomorrow is gonna be lit. I'm expecting ridiculous competition, especially in the skill match ups

Advertisement
When we have the Columbus kids on campus next week, we should also invite Marco & Chad, Amari Carter & his mom, and any other recruit who we're behind with but still close in landing. Bringing them back right after Paradise would be a great move to show them we're really dedicated in making them feel like this is home.
Constantly hosting them on campus with their family is really our best bet in swaying some of these kids to commit to us.

Advertisement
Man I cant stop smiling. Miami Hurricane football although not back clearly in the right direction. Resembling a real program for the first time in how long. Thank God. We deserve this guys.

Anyone else excited by all of this??

Man I cant stop smiling. Miami Hurricane football although not back clearly in the right direction. Resembling a real program for the first time in how long. Thank God. We deserve this guys.

Living in Texas I take a lot of crap for being a Hurricanes fan.It has really been tough the last 10 years or so.There is finally some light at the end of the tunnel.It's a really exciting time for all Miami fans,players,and new recruits.Really looking forward to todays updates.

Advertisement
We need to drop kids like Rodney Scott, there are better receivers on our board that we can get IMO. On top of that he has an affinity for Tennessee so let him go there... Bentavious Thompson I like him as a prospect but not better than any of our high priority rb targets. Need to land big names and not no more 3 stars

We need to drop kids like Rodney Scott, there are better receivers on our board that we can get IMO. On top of that he has an affinity for Tennessee so let him go there... Bentavious Thompson I like him as a prospect but not better than any of our high priority rb targets. Need to land big names and not no more 3 stars

Alabama, UF, Tennessee and WVU offered Rodney Scott FWIW
Scott is an excellent receiver. We are lucky to have him. I hope he stays committed.

this post…

When a kid that's highly rated, decommits from Miami to attend program thats percieved "better" by the general public…..

If Alabama is a 5* program
Miami is currently star rated a what?

Judy should attend?

Last edited:

Why would you drop Scott and Thompson without securing top notch players over them. Bet you there would blow up if they get picked up by Bama or other national power house schools.

Advertisement

Why would you drop Scott and Thompson without securing top notch players over them. Bet you there would blow up if they get picked up by Bama or other national power house schools.

Did you not read his comments from the itu article yesterday? Scott said. "If the offer comes from Tennessee, then I'll be 50-50, but if it doesn't, then it's definitely Miami. They're the only other school I would even think about. They lose seven wide receivers and I really liked the campus from when I visited last summer."

F*ck that he can go somewhere else with crap man

Be interested in hearing from Pete how the staff is dealing with guys like Ge'Mon eaford and any others who are dissing the school while there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back