Paradise Camp 2017 (July 21-22)

Our DB class is looking like bootyhole all of a sudden

Don't wanna sound like chicken little running with his head cutoff, however

Ivey - Having dinner with muschump
Frierson - Rather be playing 7 on 7
Jobe - Playing footsies with baga
Campbell - Doesn't know where UM's campus is located
Hall - Good until his knee recovers then might pull a whoopie McFarland on us
Bethel - Head coach says "we came on too late" so might be another handler situation
Blades - Only solid one of the group

Obviously I'm half kidding, but Pastor Richt needs to lock this **** down and tell these kids to stop fvckin around. Can't wait for the season to get here, we better curb stomp those facquits in Trailerhassee

Lmao @ "doesn't know where UMs campus is located"

Really don't get how these kids, especially ones committed/considering us, can pass up a camp with all those UM and NFL legends.

100% agree, makes no sense

Advertisement
Im going to go out on a limb and say jimmy johnson will be there. NO INSIDE INFO. Just a hunch.

Frierson supposedly isnt coming. Is going to uf before he goes back to uga again this weekend.

Wait for the dopey fake tough guy bytches to come tell you that it's meaningless and he's just having fun. Those same bytches had words for The Living Legend when he stripped Frierson of the Ambassador title for showing all kinds of love to other programs shortly after he committed here.

those are the same ones that think we also lead for Campbell
Campbell is actually a silent.

Bethel - Head coach says "we came on too late" so might be another handler situation

Obviously I'm half kidding, but Pastor Richt needs to lock this **** down and tell these kids to stop fvckin around. Can't wait for the season to get here, we better curb stomp those facquits in Trailerhassee

Even DJ "Mr. Put On For My City" Ivey is trying to play douchebottle games.

You're overreacting & having a Folden attack...

The situation with Bethel is completely untrue, Coach Max doesn't hate Miami at all & I laugh at people who believe that bs story from Ferman.

Miami is very much in play for Bethel & he'll most likely be in this class when it's all said & done.

Hall ain't going nowhere, as long as Amari is on the team, he ain't going nowhere... His family is All Miami & no amount pressure from Bama. Will change that.

The rest of the DB's it doesn't matter what anyone says yall are going to trip out all year regardless, so there's nothing else to say on it lol.

I don't think folks on here truly understand how click bait works. One of my close friends was an editor for SLAM magazine. If content was too straight and narrow, he would have writers change things up: broaden content, put in hypotheticals, state a broad opinion, or simply put in a rumor w/ one source. That's how you get subscribers and purchasers on your magazines or journals.

Now that social media has now played a role, it's changed recruiting by 100 folds. It's even creepier than before. At the end of the day, either your built for recruiting, or your not. If everyone hold their breath from every 247 post, subliminal twitter post, every flying rumor around, they'll suffocate or just die from a heart attack.

Let the season play out; if we flex like I think we will, we'll finish w/ a top 3 class with everyone we want. We go on a 3 or 4 game losing streak again, and look for the class to collapse. Win and continue to pump out first rounders, and we don't have to be paranoid about the bag game.

There's a big difference between falling for click bait and paying attention to guys deciding to go to other camps instead of Paradise. Pay more attention to actions and less to words.

So far, it looks like grabbing bags is more appealing than hanging with legends at Paradise for some of these dudes.

Advertisement
Read earlier today on the palm beach post, that Mark Anthony Richards is headed to UFag with John Dunmore. Not an inkling about Paradise in the article,....

The situation with Bethel is completely untrue, Coach Max doesn't hate Miami at all & I laugh at people who believe that bs story from Ferman.

Miami is very much in play for Bethel & he'll most likely be in this class when it's all said & done.

Hall ain't going nowhere, as long as Amari is on the team, he ain't going nowhere... His family is All Miami & no amount pressure from Bama. Will change that.

The rest of the DB's it doesn't matter what anyone says yall are going to trip out all year regardless, so there's nothing else to say on it lol.

I don't think folks on here truly understand how click bait works. One of my close friends was an editor for SLAM magazine. If content was too straight and narrow, he would have writers change things up: broaden content, put in hypotheticals, state a broad opinion, or simply put in a rumor w/ one source. That's how you get subscribers and purchasers on your magazines or journals.

Now that social media has now played a role, it's changed recruiting by 100 folds. It's even creepier than before. At the end of the day, either your built for recruiting, or your not. If everyone hold their breath from every 247 post, subliminal twitter post, every flying rumor around, they'll suffocate or just die from a heart attack.

Let the season play out; if we flex like I think we will, we'll finish w/ a top 3 class with everyone we want. We go on a 3 or 4 game losing streak again, and look for the class to collapse. Win and continue to pump out first rounders, and we don't have to be paranoid about the bag game.

There's a big difference between falling for click bait and paying attention to guys deciding to go to other camps instead of Paradise. Pay more attention to actions and less to words.

So far, it looks like grabbing bags is more appealing than hanging with legends at Paradise for some of these dudes.

And Chise, I totally agree w/ you...but let's talk about guys who were on campus 24/7: Edwards, Henderson, Michel; where they at? ****, even Jeudy came to Paradise and then came for an official. That fool put his whole Canes experience on Periscope; even brought his little boo-thang w/ him too.

You can't pay 100% attention to visits, either. Jobe is here often, yet how many of us feel 100 w/ him? To your point, missing Paradise is a big deal, but I'm not going to think it's the end of the world or that a recruit who's visiting another camp is wavering or no longer a Cane lock.

Recruiting is not like it used to be, just like hip hop is not like it used to be. We want recruits to stay 100 w/ us, and those guys are far in between like Duke and "The Gawd" Lo. Just like I want to hear good hip hop, but those guys are far in between like J Cole and Kendrick. I'm forced to listen to trap just like I'm forced to see how these kids, now, handle recruiting. Sure I can go to YouTube and listen to some Chronic 2001 or Southernplayalistic, but that ain't today. Just like I can reminisce on the A Rolle's, ST's, DJ Williams of the world, but that ain't today.

No need to stress over it; let the season play out, and if we win, watch them come.

And Chise, I totally agree w/ you...but let's talk about guys who were on campus 24/7: Edwards, Henderson, Michel; where they at? ****, even Jeudy came to Paradise and then came for an official. That fool put his whole Canes experience on Periscope; even brought his little boo-thang w/ him too.

You can't pay 100% attention to visits, either. Jobe is here often, yet how many of us feel 100 w/ him? To your point, missing Paradise is a big deal, but I'm not going to think it's the end of the world or that a recruit who's visiting another camp is wavering or no longer a Cane lock.

Recruiting is not like it used to be, just like hip hop is not like it used to be. We want recruits to stay 100 w/ us, and those guys are far in between like Duke and "The Gawd" Lo. Just like I want to hear good hip hop, but those guys are far in between like J Cole and Kendrick. I'm forced to listen to trap just like I'm forced to see how these kids, now, handle recruiting. Sure I can go to YouTube and listen to some Chronic 2001 or Southernplayalistic, but that ain't today. Just like I can reminisce on the A Rolle's, ST's, DJ Williams of the world, but that ain't today.

No need to stress over it; let the season play out, and if we win, watch them come.

I never said it was the end of the world or that guys who are flaking on Paradise will definitely go elsewhere. I'm merely cautioning the Joey Blue Skies types to back off the "he's all UM he's just enjoying the process" line of bullshyt when commits **** on Paradise to go to Friday Night Blight or Clemson or anywhere else.

Actions. Pay close attention. Henderson? Everyone knew that kid was a cvnt and no one really expected him here. Everyone also knew Edwards was just waiting for UF to quit ignoring him and treating him like the side bytch he is.

Advertisement
It's a big deal if a kid chooses to leave the area to attend another camp instead of Paradise. For a commit that's straight up spitting on UM.

Whitewash it any way you want but you're kidding yourself. You're trying to put lipstick on a pig thinking that'll make it pretty.

Besides... It's better to see the pig for what it really is

#WatchTheVisits

Last edited:
aside from the "official coaches" which other Canes will be in attendance? [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]

Frierson supposedly isnt coming. Is going to uf before he goes back to uga again this weekend.

Wait for the dopey fake tough guy bytches to come tell you that it's meaningless and he's just having fun. Those same bytches had words for The Living Legend when he stripped Frierson of the Ambassador title for showing all kinds of love to other programs shortly after he committed here.

those are the same ones that think we also lead for Campbell
Campbell is actually a silent.

he has to be a silent

Funny. The "he's all Miami don't worry" is a reaction to the sky is falling and "he gone" crowd. So then it circles back to sky is falling for some to react to the other reaction.

Personally I would like all our commits, targets, and the top 30+ players in the country at Paradise. With hopefully a very large or full overlap in those groups. I don't like it when a commit or target go somewhere else. Though I am also going to just wait it out. Jeudy was at Paradise and taking visits to Miami but still went elsewhere while Jeff Thomas came out of nowhere at the last minute.

Also watched people freak out over Shaq (who wore UM to his Florida visit and his dad posting on here), Blades (who threw up the U on his FSU visit) and D.J. Johnson (who called us even though he had offers from every other college) to the end. Listen to the video DJ Williams made if you want to think about the old times. He only called for a free trip and then he had no idea who he was going to pick until he just blurted out Miami when put on the spot being an hour late for his own commitment ceremony. While D.J. Johnson also called us up to come but he wanted to work with Coach Kool and was solid the entire way through.

I have a feeling a lot of these same things have been going on for a long time, just its now easier to find out about them.

I am not going to feel completely confident on anybody until they sign, but I am also not going to get worked up until they leave or don't sign. Its easy for me to say I would just shut everything down but nobody is throwing money and hanging out with a bunch of college girls at me to just come and hang out at a place.

Advertisement
We just need to win the games! Count me in as someone who could care less about "bags". "Bags" didn't cause us to lose 4 games last year. You can put that on preparation - which is a coaching issue. I'm all in on Richt & company and they're doing a phenomenal job on the trail, but had we won at least 3 of those games (and, yes, we should have won all 4), this class would be full already with cats begging/hoping for decommits just to get officials.

Recruits don't owe us ****! We need to stop promising and start proving. We had a "golden" opportunity with Al's departure last year and we ****ed that up! I don't want to hear nothing about "...new to the system or players or injuries"; we lost to a team that lost to TX, MiST, Navy, Duke and NcST! That was after losing to a NC team that lost to Duke and NcST! VT LOST TO SYRACUSE AND GT and they **** near killed us?! Syracuse?! We coulda/shoulda beat FSU and beat a Pitt team that beat both PSU and Clemson. Kids looking because they see the same thing we see if we're looking and being honest: this team wasn't much better than before Richt. Great coaches win the games they're not supposed to and they're only beaten by extraordinary performances on the other side. Which loss did we take last year when the other team played..."extraordinary"? <crickets>

Forget Paradise and IPF, and visits and beaches and sunshine and all that...if we ain't winning they ain't coming. And 8-4, 9-3 and 10-2 will not get it done. We need to be 11-1 at a minimum or this class will look like the previous regime. We have a one-game schedule (FSU); we're SUPPOSED to win the others - I don't care if we're starting Testaverde the younger. Every one of them! But, if we don't we'll still send folks to the league; we always have, but we will not have championships if we can't win the games we're supposed to.

And if we can't do that, then no 4* or 5* should trust their future to us. (How many 5* did Navy have when they beat teams that beat us?)

I could care less about a top 5 class, **** a top 10; I just want players and coaches who don't think The U is about swag or attitude but about players and coaches who need to win. Championships are not won in July - December.

Seems like we've lost a lot of momentum heading into this weekend. Maybe we will have surprise visitors to boost the amount of top players.

2020 WR Manuel Decommits From Tennessee
26_5338386.jpg

Manuel, who claims offers from over 20 schools around the country, was in Coral Gables twice last month for camps. He is expected to return to Miami this weekend for Mark Richt's annual Paradise Camp.

Advertisement
We just need to win the games! Count me in as someone who could care less about "bags". "Bags" didn't cause us to lose 4 games last year. You can put that on preparation - which is a coaching issue. I'm all in on Richt & company and they're doing a phenomenal job on the trail, but had we won at least 3 of those games (and, yes, we should have won all 4), this class would be full already with cats begging/hoping for decommits just to get officials.

Recruits don't owe us ****! We need to stop promising and start proving. We had a "golden" opportunity with Al's departure last year and we ****ed that up! I don't want to hear nothing about "...new to the system or players or injuries"; we lost to a team that lost to TX, MiST, Navy, Duke and NcST! That was after losing to a NC team that lost to Duke and NcST! VT LOST TO SYRACUSE AND GT and they **** near killed us?! Syracuse?! We coulda/shoulda beat FSU and beat a Pitt team that beat both PSU and Clemson. Kids looking because they see the same thing we see if we're looking and being honest: this team wasn't much better than before Richt. Great coaches win the games they're not supposed to and they're only beaten by extraordinary performances on the other side. Which loss did we take last year when the other team played..."extraordinary"? <crickets>

Forget Paradise and IPF, and visits and beaches and sunshine and all that...if we ain't winning they ain't coming. And 8-4, 9-3 and 10-2 will not get it done. We need to be 11-1 at a minimum or this class will look like the previous regime. We have a one-game schedule (FSU); we're SUPPOSED to win the others - I don't care if we're starting Testaverde the younger. Every one of them! But, if we don't we'll still send folks to the league; we always have, but we will not have championships if we can't win the games we're supposed to.

And if we can't do that, then no 4* or 5* should trust their future to us. (How many 5* did Navy have when they beat teams that beat us?)

I could care less about a top 5 class, **** a top 10; I just want players and coaches who don't think The U is about swag or attitude but about players and coaches who need to win. Championships are not won in July - December.

Amen, as much as I want some of these guys , we are losing to less talented teams that have recruited at a much lower level than us

I just don't understand this fanbase... what gives Any Of us the right to act like stuffs supposed to be so simple? I've tried to explain & no one realizes the simple truth of the statement... before richt we were barely considered a middle of the pack school,let alone some kind of powerhouse destination kids are expected to just flock too... what makes y'all expect rebuilding to what we will be should be so simple? 100% brutal honesty,last thing anyone in America besides a cane wants to see is us back on top... no one's gonna stop us from getting their though.

I just don't understand this fanbase... what gives Any Of us the right to act like stuffs supposed to be so simple? I've tried to explain & no one realizes the simple truth of the statement... before richt we were barely considered a middle of the pack school,let alone some kind of powerhouse destination kids are expected to just flock too... what makes y'all expect rebuilding to what we will be should be so simple? 100% brutal honesty,last thing anyone in America besides a cane wants to see is us back on top... no one's gonna stop us from getting their though.

Dee, I appreciate your service to and love of the U and what you bring to this board. I get what you're saying if we're were talking about the out of state Micah Parsons' and Taron Vincent's of the world...but not with a local kid who has committed to this staff and skips our premier event in favor of someone else's.

Our past history from before Richt doesn't excuse that choice as palatable to us. Sure...they have a right to do as they please but we have our own right to not like it and not gloss over it as if it's no big deal. And any local kid who skips our event to go elsewhere is, at a minimum, showing us where we stand with them. If they're looking, we're looking.

LMAO @ the people whip think recruits will come if we win. If richt is the right man for the job he will get good/great players regardless. If he does that and he's truly a good/great coach he will win.

If you think wins bring recruit ago back and look at Larry Coker. he got some guys but the wrong kind and look what happened. I keep saying it... good/great coaches surround themselves with good/great assistants. Good.great coaches bring in good/great players regardless. How do you think Howard s built this program from nothing? What was ou doing for a decade before stoops got there?

Advertisement
Back