Papa Shaq!! please read

Advertisement
He is not here right now but i will ask him... imo he will not be that concerned.. I know his HS defense was modeled after Diaz MS team... we called it Palms...4-3 1 gap fill and spill.. lots of blitz packages and some times it requires a end to drop in coverage...If the backers were gone someone has to provide cover just in case we don't get there..solid defense...advantage to Shaq he will be just as familiar or more familiar than the other backers

He is not here right now but i will ask him... imo he will not be that concerned.. I know his HS defense was modeled after Diaz MS team... we called it Palms...4-3 1 gap fill and spill.. lots of blitz packages and some times it requires a end to drop in coverage...If the backers were gone someone has to provide cover just in case we don't get there..solid defense...advantage to Shaq he will be just as familiar or more familiar than the other backers

Thank you sir!!!

Advertisement
Saw that Freshman MLB from Miss St had over 100 tackles and 7 sacks!!!

Sounds like Shaq better be leanin up and working on his footwork, because he is going to spend some time in the offense's backfield. Keep workin and prayin cause some BIG things are going to happen for the young man.

I hope everybody saw the line about DE occassionally dropping into coverage...cuz I can already predict ppl here losing their S**t the first time it happens.

Advertisement
Dropping a DE into a zone is different than walking him out to cover the slot.

It leaves a tackle blocking space, allows a LB to blitz a gap, and have the vacated zone still covered. Just watched his bowl game and I dint remember him doing that once.

I remember in a Super Bowl Kevin Greene moving over to cover the slot receiver, Kevin Williams. That did not work out too well.
The Steelers were the first team I remember using the zone blitz back in the 90's.

I hope everybody saw the line about DE occassionally dropping into coverage...cuz I can already predict ppl here losing their S**t the first time it happens.

Dropping a de into the flat is not a big deal.

Dropping a de into the flats is not a big deal.
Agreed. It was just brought up as a symbolic tendency of Doritos defense.
That defense sucked as a whole. Im just expecting some here to panic if they ever see it again.

Advertisement

Dropping a de into the flats is not a big deal.
Agreed. It was just brought up as a symbolic tendency of Doritos defense.
That defense sucked as a whole. Im just expecting some here to panic if they ever see it again.

Doritos had them covering 30 yards down the field.

Top notch talent will make any coach look better. Trust me Diaz and all the coaches on this staff know what an advantage it is to have first and best dibs at SoFl talent. I think they'll be the first to tell you that if you can't do it with SoFl talent then you're an Al Golden.

Advertisement
Back